• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Dorset coin company

5 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

I can't help by think mr chard you like a bit if niggle especially when it comes to other dealers 

Wish I hadn't posted the thread to  be honest as it is boring, people can still buy from there I'm not the dealer police just an honest thread for an honest guy on an honest experience 

Did you post that from your phone?

Chards

On 18/06/2021 at 18:37, Leonmarsh said:

I can't help by think mr chard you like a bit if niggle especially when it comes to other dealers 

Wish I hadn't posted the thread to  be honest as it is boring, people can still buy from there I'm not the dealer police just an honest thread for an honest guy on an honest experience 

Edited by goldhunter
error

Blimey, i used to buy a lot of coins in person from DCC back in the day. Always a fantastic service and friendly chats. I remember selling all my sovereigns to him (them) at £60 each (same price as the RM were selling them for) and immediately investing the money in silver (i've always been canny when it comes to investments). That was when most of their stock was numismatic and mainly historic....

Recent dealings (via Ebay) have always been professionally serviced - I have requested discounts from Ebay listings before and, in general, recieved a polite 'no' or have been ignored. Never bothered me - dialogue appears to be something no-one has time for these days.... If i had recieved the same sort of response as the OP i probably would have laughed out loud and responded in kind.

Working in 'customer service' (which i do, sort of) gives you an insight into the mentality of the general public today and can harden you to a lot of stuff some people may find 'offensive'...     

51 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

I have requested discounts from Ebay listings before and, in general, recieved a polite 'no' or have been ignored. Never bothered me - dialogue appears to be something no-one has time for these days.

eBay in many cases is a side line for a main business or a second income. When someone lists a item there is a option for best offers tab. So do I want it on or off? Personally I am never in any rush to sell and don't have the time for endless message writing so leave the tab off. The message gets through to 99% of potential buyers but the 1% seem to feel some sense of entitlement. I have a standard copy and past reply. On a platform that big not everyone can be seen as a customer, it would be exhausting. Sometimes the offer is that low it does trigger a response from me (never rude but direct). This never works because the counter offers are relentless as soon as you open dialogue. 

On 18/06/2021 at 19:28, goldhunter said:

Your right he got kicked out of BNTA 

@goldhunter If you are referring to me or @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer, you are incorrect.

Please desist from publishing defamatory misinformation, and also retract your false statement without delay.

If you believe you are correct, then please state the source.

Chards

• Founder & Administrator
13 hours ago, Leonmarsh said:

@morezone @trp @ChrisSilver

Can I request the thread be closed thanks 

Please think carefully before posting, we do not like to remove topics/posts unless they are a security risk (i.e. a member posting their address publicly) or topics/posts that we deem to be detrimental to the long term survival or the running of the forum, or posts that breach other forum rules. In general we do not like to delete topics, as they could provide useful information for other members. 

6.2. Etiquette

6.2.1. Members should use the search feature before they commence a new thread post. This will ensure that discussion points continue in a single thread, rather than in multiple threads.

6.2.2. The edit post feature is there to allow members to edit mistakes, and for users to update their trade topics; for example when their item(s) has sold, or their price has changed. Currently the system allows members to edit their posts up to 30 days from posting. Members may edit a completed trade listing to remove the sale price should they wish, though we prefer if this wasn't done in order to protect historical data so that members can see what prices similar items sold for. This is very helpful when a member is looking to price their item for sale. Please do not edit out what was sold. 

6.2.3. Drastically editing out a topic to completely change the meaning or content, or to delete the content in its entirety is considered an abuse of the edit feature. If the ability exists TSF reserve the right to restore content and to warn a member for abusing the edit feature.  

6.2.4. Please think before you post, if you edit/delete all of your posts it could leave other members confused. Topics less than 30 days old with posts/replies in will not be removed, apart from if deemed to be a security risk for member(s) or if the Administrator in his sole opinion deems the removal of the topic to be beneficial to the community.

6.2.5. Please note that after 30 days posts will only be removed or edited in very limited situations. To avoid security concerns about something you have posted please do not post any information about your real identity or the location of your precious metals. Photos or information containing information that can be deemed dangerous to your security will be removed (either at the request of the member or by us) e.g. photos containing photos of the member or of their car registration or property etc, but photos of coins etc will not be removed.

6.2.6. Members must not post on TSF or otherwise share private messages that they have received from other forum members.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

13 hours ago, Leonmarsh said:

I just find it odd when an established member posts a valid review and then people doubt it 

My experience is my experience there is no agenda 

Shame really 

If you just posted the messages you sent them it would all be done and dusted, no? The thread would then be a useful guide to the seller/buyer interaction for members looking in future.

I’ve bought from Terry, whilst he’s a bit expensive, he has stuff you sometimes can’t find easily elsewhere, so I was happy to pay a bit more.

On one occasion, a package for a single coin got lost in the post, thanks the R.M. He did everything he could to help me out in my claim. So personally found him polite, helpful and willing to go further in customer service. Always test my coins received with a Sigma Pro and never found anything amiss with those received from Dorset coins.

6 minutes ago, ZigZag said:

On one occasion, a package for a single coin got lost in the post, thanks the R.M. He did everything he could to help me out in my claim.

Your claim?  Is it something he sent you?  With a business-to-customer transaction it’s the business sender who should be responsible for claiming. A business is responsible for the goods until they are delivered to the recipient.

5 hours ago, Goldhooked said:

Your claim?  Is it something he sent you?  With a business-to-customer transaction it’s the business sender who should be responsible for claiming. A business is responsible for the goods until they are delivered to the recipient.

All sorted thanks. The Post Office tried to say delivery had happened, fortunately there are honest people out there that admit mistakes happen.

1 hour ago, ZigZag said:

All sorted thanks. The Post Office tried to say delivery had happened, fortunately there are honest people out there that admit mistakes happen.

Sorry to be pedantic but the Post Office don’t deliver anything so I’m sure you meant Royal Mail.

The point I was making was that it was poor customer service to make you progress the claim.  As the business who sent the item it was him that should have been making the claim, not expecting his customers to do so.

Edited by Goldhooked

1 hour ago, ZigZag said:

Yep. Royal Mail Group Ltd 👍

The Post Office hasn’t been part of Royal Mail Group since 2012, if that’s what you mean.  Apologies if I misunderstood  👍

What I was really getting at though was that you don’t have to accept a business telling you to go and make a claim if something they sent has gone missing.

8C91DD49-5DD0-4C52-A6CF-883DEEABFFCB.thumb.jpeg.5ea0da537e0aafc5b385eb62204b1a24.jpeg

Edited by Goldhooked