• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Britannia 2021 UK Two Ounce Gold Proof Coin Royal Mint Page

LawrenceChard

I personally think it’s looks okay and it was probably overdue in all honesty.

As far as inclusive designs go, it’s much better than the tripe that was allegedly 2020s “coin of the year”.

761DC0D1-1C67-4764-9496-65C5CB2655AF.thumb.jpeg.12e4bd1cf5517ef96feca9d4c6bc8866.jpeg
...what a truly steaming heap that coin is (IMHO).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Shep said:

761DC0D1-1C67-4764-9496-65C5CB2655AF.thumb.jpeg.12e4bd1cf5517ef96feca9d4c6bc8866.jpeg

image.jpeg.652bedf5fe02642018201ba97d881342.jpeg

hhmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah, not that diverse to me :( 

"diverse" adjective

di·verse | \ dī-ˈvərs  , də-ˈvərs, ˈdī-ˌvərs \
Definition of diverse
1: differing from one another : UNLIKE
people with diverse interests
2: composed of distinct or unlike elements or qualities
a diverse population

11 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Cross between the corpse bride and Angelina Jolie, unnecessary race change to Britannia. However I bought one anyway, something about this coin calls to me...

6 hours ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

Cross between the corpse bride and Angelina Jolie, unnecessary race change to Britannia. However I bought one anyway, something about this coin calls to me...

We designed our own, better, version:

1738432030_2021GoldBritannia100HundredPounds2TwoOunceCoinwithMeghanMarkMockup-Reverse.thumb.jpg.7db5e7ecc1572923524dcc535785a1b9.jpg

Not sure whether it could ever get Royal approval though.

Chards

Good effort @LawrenceChard however she quite literally flounced out with the Megxit proclamation. Cannot agree she represents the "spirit of the nation" by sitting in voluntary exile in her Californian mansion, surely? 😛

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

13 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Good effort @LawrenceChard however she quite literally flounced out with the Megxit proclamation. Cannot agree she represents the "spirit of the nation" by sitting in voluntary exile in her Californian mansion, surely? 😛

I agree, but it does look better than the RM version IMO.

When I first saw it, there was no description or story with it, and we all thought it looked ugly, and the hair coarsely engraved. Now we have been informed about this Britannia design featuring a "woman of colour", I probably can't publicly state my opinion for fear of being accused of racism!

Chards

3 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

We designed our own, better, version:

1738432030_2021GoldBritannia100HundredPounds2TwoOunceCoinwithMeghanMarkMockup-Reverse.thumb.jpg.7db5e7ecc1572923524dcc535785a1b9.jpg

Not sure whether it could ever get Royal approval though.

Well how soon can you begin minting it? I thought I would happy with mine but I just found some cr*p on queenie's head 😂20210320_163152.thumb.jpg.ec08fc2bb0909b507604225ee899bb36.jpg

1 hour ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

Well how soon can you begin minting it? I thought I would happy with mine but I just found some cr*p on queenie's head 😂

Well how soon can you begin minting it?

As soon as we could get permission, but that might take a while.

I thought I would happy with mine but I just found some cr*p on queenie's head

At least you know it is an authentic RM product!

Chards

So what I think we are seeing is a the Royal Mint taking ideas from the US mint  i.e

Lady Liberty as a Black Woman and now the same for Britannia

I suspect we may see a series of black Britons coins in the next few years as per the US Mint has done. Perhaps BAME Britons. Although these would not be Britannia’s.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

On 18/03/2021 at 16:16, LawrenceChard said:

I just looked at

"The Britannia 2021 UK Two-Ounce Gold Proof Coin
Limited Edition 50
Price:£4,485.00

on the Royal Mint website, but notice is claims

"MAXIMUM COIN MINTAGE    103"

153619965_TheBritannia2021UKTwo-OunceGoldProofCoinRoyalMintLimitedEdition50MAXIMUMCOINMINTAGE103.thumb.jpg.59d09c556719487d7855751cf758ffc1.jpg

It is merely an RM ****-up, or is this deliberately misleading?

To the original question I think they might have some framed artwork presentations on the cards or something similar. In the past they have done it with 1oz coins but as the mint have shown this year they do like a bit of change

https://www.royalmint.com/britannia/britannia-frames/

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

3 hours ago, dicker said:

So what I think we are seeing is a the Royal Mint taking ideas from the US mint  i.e

I suspect we may see a series of black Britons coins in the next few years as per the US Mint has done. Perhaps BAME Britons. Although these would not be Britannia’s.

Best

Dicker

US Mint did it better and with more reason to do it in my opinion. Also their black liberty is vastly more attractive than our rendition of a black britannia. 

Hopefully they'll make a nicer coin next time. NOT another Britannia however!!

10 minutes ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

US Mint did it better and with more reason to do it in my opinion. Also their black liberty is vastly more attractive than our rendition of a black britannia. 

Hopefully they'll make a nicer coin next time. NOT another Britannia however!!

Yes, I agree the Lady Liberty was a very attractive coin. 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

On 19/03/2021 at 18:19, LawrenceChard said:

If Britain is truly moving forward ethnically diverse figures will be created and welcomed to represent us

I don't think modifying Britannia is a step forward, just feels lazy and forced

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Just now, Kman said:

If Britain is truly moving forward ethnically diverse figures will be created and welcomed to represent us

I don't think modifying Britannia is a step forward, just feels lazy and forced

This is the Woke culture we see all around us now. i watch a youtube channel, History Debunked https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCREM9VRZnIJHTw-oqfwgNUQ

He points out what we all should realise is going on. It is not reflecting anything other than the subversion of Western society. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

An interesting piece of propaganda.

It took black Americans long enough to get Liberté, but when can they expect égalité and fraternité?

Chards

36 minutes ago, sixgun said:

This is the Woke culture we see all around us now. i watch a youtube channel, History Debunked https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCREM9VRZnIJHTw-oqfwgNUQ

He points out what we all should realise is going on. It is not reflecting anything other than the subversion of Western society. 

History Debunked is a very astute gent - one of my favourite Youtubers.  

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

An interesting piece of propaganda.

It took black Americans long enough to get Liberté, but when can they expect égalité and fraternité?

i am Irish / English ancestry. There have been more people stolen into slavery from English and Irish shores than ever there were Blacks in the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade. Of course the vast majority do not know about this. In any case Blacks are simply a tool of the elite, which is why we keep hearing about 'Slavery' when that ended in the West two centuries ago.
There is no such thing as being equal other than in law - which as i see it is actually being used to beat down the indigenous people, particularly men. i believe in a meritocracy, not the Woke distortion of egalitarianism. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

5 hours ago, dicker said:

Best

Dicker

I think we should. It's progress that she is black, however, I find it highly offensive that Britannia has to look like a woman. What about the men that identify as women? They have a right to be represented on gold coins, as well. My personal favourite for the next Britannia:

image.png.538905e4ef71d68a765b780abe964650.png

57 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i am Irish / English ancestry. There have been more people stolen into slavery from English and Irish shores than ever there were Blacks in the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade. Of course the vast majority do not know about this. In any case Blacks are simply a tool of the elite, which is why we keep hearing about 'Slavery' when that ended in the West two centuries ago.
There is no such thing as being equal other than in law - which as i see it is actually being used to beat down the indigenous people, particularly men. i believe in a meritocracy, not the Woke distortion of egalitarianism. 

Peusdo history

3 minutes ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

Peusdo history

Which bit is pseudo His story?

Archived