• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Britannia 2021 UK Two Ounce Gold Proof Coin Royal Mint Page

LawrenceChard

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

An interesting piece of propaganda.

It took black Americans long enough to get Liberté, but when can they expect égalité and fraternité?

Who knows, I'm more interested in when this gold spot price is going to decrease 😂 Probably when the Marxists leave them be

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

that Irish indentured servitude of the 1700-1800s is akin to chattel slavery of Africans in the Americas 

People have been stolen from the British Isles and used as slaves for at least 2000 years. 
We have the recent Wokery about 'Rule Britannia' not being sung at the Last Night of the Proms 'due to associations with colonialism and slavery.'
Now this is the usual Leftist, anti-White distortion and re-writing of history.

Rule Britannia has nothing to do with colonialism - but it has everything to do with slavery. 

Between the beginning of the 16th century and the end of the 18th, the southern coast of England was terrorised by Barbary corsairs who stole many thousands of English people and sold them as slaves in Africa (the irony). Parliament was petitioned to strengthen the Royal Navy to protect the shores and seas - to 'rule the waves' - so 'Britons shall never be slaves' (again). It is a celebration of Britons no longer being taken as slaves and ruling the waves off the coast of the British Isles. This isn't the story that is being told by the Leftists. It is spun as something racist. It is cultural appropriation and distortion. It is part of the fake history being spun to make out White people are always the oppressors. Funny the Blacks in the North Atlantic Slave Trade were taken into slavery by other Blacks and more often than not sold to Jewish slave traders - but that would be 'racist' for me to say that. Jokers. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

14 minutes ago, sixgun said:

People have been stolen from the British Isles and used as slaves for at least 2000 years. 
We have the recent Wokery about 'Rule Britannia' not being sung at the Last Night of the Proms 'due to associations with colonialism and slavery.'
Now this is the usual Leftist, anti-White distortion and re-writing of history.

Rule Britannia has nothing to do with colonialism - but it has everything to do with slavery. 

Between the beginning of the 16th century and the end of the 18th, the southern coast of England was terrorised by Barbary corsairs who stole many thousands of English people and sold them as slaves in Africa (the irony). Parliament was petitioned to strengthen the Royal Navy to protect the shores and seas - to 'rule the waves' - so 'Britons shall never be slaves' (again). It is a celebration of Britons no longer being taken as slaves and ruling the waves off the coast of the British Isles. This isn't the story that is being told by the Leftists. It is spun as something racist. It is cultural appropriation and distortion. It is part of the fake history being spun to make out White people are always the oppressors. Funny the Blacks in the North Atlantic Slave Trade were taken into slavery by other Blacks and more often than not sold to Jewish slave traders - but that would be 'racist' for me to say that. Jokers. 

agreed, the slavery by the middle east/North Africa is still ongoing and has been that way since at least the rise of a certain Arab religion, yet for some reason that one is always ignored in favour of the transatlantic one. They like to twist the Crusades as well whilst completely forgetting why those occurred. No idea why they're targeting Rule Britannia, I think they need to start asking people of colour if we actually find these things offensive before deciding on our behalves. I don't recall completing any surveys.... 

I for one would like to move beyond the slave narrative, let America carry on that silly dispute, Britain is over it. Just give me some minority coins with models who are actually attractive 😂 and leave the Britannia alone!! She's gorgeous as she is!

@TutoredSoup232 - i will second that.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

4 hours ago, sixgun said:

This is the Woke culture we see all around us now. i watch a youtube channel, History Debunked https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCREM9VRZnIJHTw-oqfwgNUQ

He points out what we all should realise is going on. It is not reflecting anything other than the subversion of Western society. 

I'm still trying to work out what "Woke" means, and who coined such an ugly and ungrammatical word.

Thanks for the History Debunked link, I just watched the most recent half dozen. I also feel annoyed that so much effort seems to be going into re-writing history.

Chards

4 hours ago, sixgun said:

i am Irish / English ancestry. There have been more people stolen into slavery from English and Irish shores than ever there were Blacks in the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade. Of course the vast majority do not know about this. In any case Blacks are simply a tool of the elite, which is why we keep hearing about 'Slavery' when that ended in the West two centuries ago.
There is no such thing as being equal other than in law - which as i see it is actually being used to beat down the indigenous people, particularly men. i believe in a meritocracy, not the Woke distortion of egalitarianism. 

I was not aware of the extent of English and Irish slavery, but have frequently been reflecting recently about slavery being very common in ancient Greece, despite its reputation as the home of democracy; and of course in ancient Rome.

Indeed the earliest depictions of Britannia were as a captive, therefore probable slave on some ancient Roman coins:

britannia-seated-on-the-reverse-of-an-as

Which brings us very nearly full circle to where we came in.

Chards

2 hours ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

Who knows, I'm more interested in when this gold spot price is going to decrease 😂 Probably when the Marxists leave them be

I thought gold was looking cheap, considering it was almost £1600 per ounce last August.

Chards

3 minutes ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

True, however it was 1212 not too long ago and my cheap self can't let that figure go...

You've got a far better memory than I have.

1212 is over 800 years ago, and I can't remember anything that far back!🙂

Chards

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

I'm still trying to work out what "Woke" means, and who coined such an ugly and ungrammatical word.

Thanks for the History Debunked link, I just watched the most recent half dozen. I also feel annoyed that so much effort seems to be going into re-writing history.

Hi @LawrenceChard According to this article the word was probably seen in the first edition of “The Negro Digest” in 1942.  I suspect there is more to the word “woke” as  the article suggests. 

Before anyone explodes with confected rage, the Negro journal was created a black gentleman and for black people. 

Best

Dicker

https://theconversation.com/where-woke-came-from-and-why-marketers-should-think-twice-before-jumping-on-the-social-activism-bandwagon-122713

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

I was not aware of the extent of English and Irish slavery, but have frequently been reflecting recently about slavery being very common in ancient Greece, despite its reputation as the home of democracy; and of course in ancient Rome.

Indeed the earliest depictions of Britannia were as a captive, therefore probabe slave on some ancient Roman coins:

britannia-seated-on-the-reverse-of-an-as

Which brings us very nearly full circle to where we came in.

Many people are also not aware of the extent of European slaves in Muslim countries, from several fronts - via the Ottoman Empire and along the coasts, all the way up to England and Ireland. We are talking about millions:

https://archive.org/details/TheUntoldStoryOfWhiteSlaveryOttomanTurksArabAndBarbaryMuslimSlaveTrade

On 20/03/2021 at 13:30, jultorsk said:

Good effort @LawrenceChard however she quite literally flounced out with the Megxit proclamation. Cannot agree she represents the "spirit of the nation" by sitting in voluntary exile in her Californian mansion, surely? 😛

OK, we did a California version:

1453120573_2017USAGoldAmericanLiberty225thAnniversaryofUnion-ObverseMockUpwithMeghanMarkle.thumb.jpg.c0c55f5e233cbd650aa1a8feb3a1ee10.jpg

I wish they all could be California Girls.

Chards

Has anyone received the standard design of the 2021 2oz gold Britannia yet?

If so, have you found the gold to be of a darker colour where one of her knees would be, towards the centre of the coin? Is it meant to be like this? It looks a little like it is the same on the photos on the Royal Mint website.

My 2oz gold 2021 proof Britannia. I am not great at taking photos, but it looks superb in the hand. The coin is for sale with Britannia Coin Company for £12,500!

I think that this one is a keeper and will be put into my bank safe deposit box.

10FCD614-1122-41E5-8FD7-A5EB24474798.jpeg

1276C979-3BB2-46B7-A95D-8A9E6E3385A4.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived