• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Una and the Lion gold and silver bars

8 minutes ago, PhillyJive said:

Hello gentleman. 

Does anyone know where I can buy them already graded> NGC?

I am not sure any have been yet.... i did post a while back on the fact that the bars I received were of proof quality but not sure if anyone has had them sent for grading.. The Royal Mint certainly wouldn't have

5 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

I am not sure any have been yet.... i did post a while back on the fact that the bars I received were of proof quality but not sure if anyone has had them sent for grading.. The Royal Mint certainly wouldn't have

None of my bars are proof quality. The best one i have is the 1oz. All the rest have imperfections. I think a lot of people have the same issue. Most in fact. If you get a good one and get it graded it would probably be worth a good few quid.

3 minutes ago, theylivewesleep27 said:

None of my bars are proof quality. The best one i have is the 1oz. All the rest have imperfections. I think a lot of people have the same issue. Most in fact. If you get a good one and get it graded it would probably be worth a good few quid.

Luck must have smiled on me for a change... the 10oz I have is in pretty good nick and the 1oz ones seem good as well.... to be fair I haven’t had them under a microscope yet

Edited by Rll1288

14 minutes ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

Proof quality? Mate we'd be lucky if we could get RM to produce bullion quality 🤣

My AM must like me 🙂 ..  as the 10oz and the 1oz's don;t have any marks... maybe its my age haha I Won't be grading them though 🙂

IMG_8963.JPG

Edited by Rll1288

1 minute ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

They started off with significantly less of those listed though, there's only 1200 and something of those worldwide whereas they topped up the 10oz stock

True. I just want them all to sell out now so the ones i have gain in value 😀

1 hour ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

They started off with significantly less of those listed though, there's only 1200 and something of those worldwide whereas they topped up the 10oz stock

According to RM website they are stating only 1020 of the 100oz bars rather than 1200. I'm sure I saw 1200 originally but they changed it to 1020 a week or so ago.

7 minutes ago, MJCOIN said:

According to RM website they are stating only 1020 of the 100oz bars rather than 1200. I'm sure I saw 1200 originally but they changed it to 1020 a week or so ago.

I wonder if the royal mint is really that precise and accurate with mintage numbers? I mean really they could make any amount of them and we would never really know. Not so much the proof stuff as they have mintage numbers on them but the bars dont.

Edited by theylivewesleep27

6 minutes ago, theylivewesleep27 said:

I wonder if the royal mint is really that precise and accurate with mintage numbers? I mean really they could make any amount of them and we would never really know. Not so much the proof stuff as they have mintage numbers on them but the bars dont.

Hard to tell.  The gold bars have a serial number but that doesn't seem to be the case for the silver ones.  I guess we just have to trust them and there's probably little incentive for them to make more than the published mintages.

5 minutes ago, MJCOIN said:

Hard to tell.  The gold bars have a serial number but that doesn't seem to be the case for the silver ones.  I guess we just have to trust them and there's probably little incentive for them to make more than the published mintages.

Well i know a lot of people are sending bars back due to quality issues, The RM claim they melt them down and then make a replacement to send out but i really doubt that this happens. I think they just send the returned items out to new buyers as not everyone is as fussy. Someone on here said they returned an item like 3 times and each one had to be sent back. 

2 minutes ago, theylivewesleep27 said:

Well i know a lot of people are sending bars back due to quality issues, The RM claim they melt them down and then make a replacement to send out but i really doubt that this happens. I think they just send the returned items out to new buyers as not everyone is as fussy. Someone on here said they returned an item like 3 times and each one had to be sent back. 

I spoke to the infamous "Jane" from trustpilot. She confirmed they're being sent to scrap. They're definitely not minting replacements and half the time not even bothering to send out replacements they still have in stock, just refunding and moving on. They do seem to enjoy promising replacements for out of stock products but they're not sending them out. 

It would make sense to knock up replacements, I refuse to believe they don't have standard sized blanks lying around they couldn't utilise quickly to make a replacement. I'm also refusing to believe they're disposing of dies immediately either. 

Hey guys i have the same problem with shipment 

All 05 x 10oz silver una and lion bars came with the packaging opened and torned and many dents . 

100 oz britannia bar came with alot of scratches on the back that cant seem to be removed. 

I have contacted rm since last tuesday but haven't got a reply . Do you guys just sent it back on your own shipping cost or wait for rm for a reply first ? 

25 minutes ago, Bape85 said:

Hey guys i have the same problem with shipment 

All 05 x 10oz silver una and lion bars came with the packaging opened and torned and many dents . 

100 oz britannia bar came with alot of scratches on the back that cant seem to be removed. 

I have contacted rm since last tuesday but haven't got a reply . Do you guys just sent it back on your own shipping cost or wait for rm for a reply first ? 

you can download a free Royal Mail returns label here https://www.royalmail.com/track-my-return/create/3413

If the bars are still in stock and you can afford to buy them again I would encourage you to do that before returning. I do this and effectively issue my own replacements and request my refund instead. They can take up to a week to respond to emails and sometimeish on the phone. I know the stock levels were low so by the time you get a concrete answer and they receive the bars and issue a replacement they might sell out. Good luck getting a replacement after this, they've made it very clear they will not mint more and will send yours to scrap then potentially lie about their ability to replace. I had this issue with them, ordered on 01 March and only as of the last week is my issue now resolved. 

Fastest response you will probably get will be if you leave them a negative review on Trustpilot and even then it will be Jane who contacts you asking for your details and still takes another 48-120 hours to get someone on the phone to you. If you really want the bars, I wouldn't risk waiting in all honesty