• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Errors you notice with the new forum software

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Previous message here was accidentally deleted when merging another topic into here, and the top message has no edit history to restore. So here is a very brief summary:

The trading feedback is in development and will be re-added. Please do not worry your feedback has not been lost.

Other features may take a while to be re-added due to the developers of those features.

Theme issue, sometimes the edit box is not showing with the correct box. This issue can’t be addressed until all plugins / applications are updated to latest version. 

All missing images / media, should now be fixed. If you spot any missing please let me know :) 

• Founder & Administrator

Please use this topic to report any errors that you see over the coming days.

This topic will be monitored and we will try to fix each one.

Note that some errors may exist because we are awaiting for the associated plugin/application to be upgraded by the developer for that particular element.

We may be unable to respond individually to each point raised below, but we thank you for bringing it to our attention,.

This topic will then be removed / hidden once we have addressed the issues or are aware of any outstanding issues.

Thank you for your help :) 

Update: please don’t forget to check the orange message above, and other members posts as we may already be away of the issue and are working on it.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used mainly for sever status updates)

Billysilver's Detailed Trading Guide - great info and tips for new members trading on the forum. 

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Interested in Travelling?
Join our sister forum: The Travel Forum and share your journey.
The Travel Forum

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello I am viewing on Samsung Galaxy S10 Mobile and the spacing on the gold and silver price header is incorrect. My current gold price +/- is shown underneath the gold price and below the header area so i am unable to see it. See below screenshot. Also I am unable to see the trading section icon, but maybe you are already aware of this.

Screenshot_20200921-170022_Chrome.jpg

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

Note for the next 60 mins or so there is a lot of background tasks happening. So the speed on the front end may be severely affected whilst it reindexes, this is just temporary and the forum is not currently running to the full speed.

There is also more optimisation work that we are doing over the coming days to increase speeds to the full potential. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used mainly for sever status updates)

Billysilver's Detailed Trading Guide - great info and tips for new members trading on the forum. 

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

The Travel Forum

19 minutes ago, Argentknight said:

The metals prices header is showing up in USD' instead of GBPs.

If you click the bar itself you can change through the different currencies. :) 

Discounts / Offers

The Travel Forum

33 minutes ago, Pipers said:

Seems there is no edit function. 

@Pipers If you press the 3 dots on the right, you will then get a drop down menu with the available options. Including edit. 

Discounts / Offers

The Travel Forum

1 hour ago, jackflash123 said:

Hello I am viewing on Samsung Galaxy S10 Mobile and the spacing on the gold and silver price header is incorrect. My current gold price +/- is shown underneath the gold price and below the header area so i am unable to see it. See below screenshot. Also I am unable to see the trading section icon, but maybe you are already aware of this.

Screenshot_20200921-170022_Chrome.jpg

The spacing of the gold price and +/- price change in the metals header seems to now be fixed on my Samsung Galaxy S10. That was a great quick fix 👍

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

Just now, jackflash123 said:

The spacing of the gold price and +/- price change in the metals header seems to now be fixed on my Samsung Galaxy S10. That was a great quick fix 👍

Whoops, spoken to soon its gone back to how it was again. I will update this if I notice it has been corrected.

I have found the 'for sale' section prices are high and the word 'bump' on every other thread 🤣😅 hopefully not a forum issue, just user error :) nice to see things back up again, will keep an eye for issues glitches and gremlins

53 minutes ago, dicker said:

Hi @ChrisSilver

The forum is responding quicker.

I have noticed that when clicking on the Competition Banner, I am getting the following.  Just a broken link I think?

Thanks. Haven’t upgraded the Prize Draws function or enabled it yet, which is why. Should be done later tonight though :) 

Discounts / Offers

The Travel Forum

2 hours ago, Blockhead said:

Will the feedback functionality and the "scroll to the top" arrow return when all the upgrades are completed? 

Noticed this as well with the Feedback  It is very useful for buying / selling decisions.

Hi,

Been on here for about 15 minutes this evening. Very slow, but as previously mentioned the updates are obviously causing the lag so that’s fine :)

not sure if this is a fault with the forum, but twice now on sending PMs the site has gone very old School html looking lol (sorry, not very tech-y and don’t know how to describe!). Will try to attach screen shot

thanks

AF6722E8-EBFF-4F02-8394-8EE7CEC16E1E.png

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

All things seem nice n nippy on my android phone over a beer

It’s faster on my android phone than my iPad lol, which doesn’t make sense when the phone is 2+ years old, and the iPad is less than 6 months! 

• ChrisSilver changed the title to Errors you notice with the new forum software

Archived