• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Errors you notice with the new forum software

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Previous message here was accidentally deleted when merging another topic into here, and the top message has no edit history to restore. So here is a very brief summary:

The trading feedback is in development and will be re-added. Please do not worry your feedback has not been lost.

Other features may take a while to be re-added due to the developers of those features.

Theme issue, sometimes the edit box is not showing with the correct box. This issue can’t be addressed until all plugins / applications are updated to latest version. 

All missing images / media, should now be fixed. If you spot any missing please let me know :) 

• Founder & Administrator
36 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

uploading photos. If I use my iphone they upload fine and embed as normal. If I do it on my desktop (iMac) they attach as a downloadable file, or that’s what it looks like anyway. In a thread and in PM

I had a similar issue but on iPhone, it was doing this when it was a .heif format.

If you go to your iPhone settings and change from .heif (high efficiency) to .jpg Most Compatible. Does that solve be the issue? I found that when I did this I don’t have any issues with uploading photos to the forum.

If not, if you are able to start a topic in the support section. We can look into it in more detail and submit a request to the software company who may need to edit something in a future update. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I submitted a “New Silver Coin” thread but it has not yet been accepted, is it working or has it been rejected?

Mox Metals Logo Small.jpg  moxmetals.co.uk

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

1 hour ago, Mox said:

I submitted a “New Silver Coin” thread but it has not yet been accepted, is it working or has it been rejected?

Was it the Dragon Cube? If so, thank you for submitting. I moved it to the silver section as I felt it was more appropriate there, as it was a cube :) 

I wasn't sure if it had a currency or not and if it was technically a "coin" but I felt that it would be better suited in the silver section. You can find it here: 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

51 minutes ago, ChrisSilver said:

Was it the Dragon Cube? If so, thank you for submitting. I moved it to the silver section as I felt it was more appropriate there, as it was a cube :) 

I wasn't sure if it had a currency or not and if it was technically a "coin" but I felt that it would be better suited in the silver section. You can find it here: 

That’s the one, thanks Chris

Mox Metals Logo Small.jpg  moxmetals.co.uk

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

I have enabled trading feedback. Just so that there is some functionality, it should work. Please note however that it hasn't been upgraded yet, so there are some elements missing. If anyone has any issues with the feature not working 100% correctly please let me know and I will need to disable it before the full release. Although I do not expect any as it should still run fine. Full updated version should hopefully be coming soon. 

https://www.thesilverforum.com/feedback/

Discounts / Offers

16 hours ago, ChrisSilver said:

I have enabled trading feedback. Just so that there is some functionality, it should work. Please note however that it hasn't been upgraded yet, so there are some elements missing. If anyone has any issues with the feature not working 100% correctly please let me know and I will need to disable it before the full release. Although I do not expect any as it should still run fine. Full updated version should hopefully be coming soon. 

https://www.thesilverforum.com/feedback/

Hi Chris,

Feedback doesnt appear at all on mobile, but works on my ipad. Thought I'd let you know 

Edit: following your link works on mobile, but cant seem to add feedback the normal way on someones profile on mobile 

1 hour ago, Squashie said:

Hi Chris,

Feedback doesnt appear at all on mobile, but works on my ipad. Thought I'd let you know 

Edit: following your link works on mobile, but cant seem to add feedback the normal way on someones profile on mobile 

Thanks for your post. The Trading Feedback hasn't been updated yet to work with the current version of software that we are using. The developer is in the process of doing this, I am not sure how long it will be, hopefully just a matter of a few weeks.

As such there may be some functionality missing, however I have re-enabled the trading feedback so it is at leats working to some degree in the interim. If you press the + button whilst on mobile (found in the top menu bar) you should then be able to create trading feedback for a member via there. 

Discounts / Offers

I had disabled the additional reaction points temporarily for super like and super LOVE, as this wasn't working and meant that some members were unable to use the reaction system. Currently you will be able to use all reactions, but all of the positive reactions will all currently count as 1 reputation point. 

As the original developer for this feature has not replied to us, we will need to look into hiring another developer to do some custom work and recode it. Apologies for the inconvenience whilst we update all of the features and get back to normal.  

Discounts / Offers

35 minutes ago, Bumble said:

Many of the images on the Home > Non precious metals > Personal Finance / Other Investments > Chart Of The Day thread are still missing.

Thanks. There are lots of images and media everywhere that is missing. :( 

I am working on this to try to restore them. 

Discounts / Offers

15 minutes ago, Witcher said:

I also have issues viewing and uploading photos.  I don't use a phone for the forum. It's all PC. 
I get a little icon and a link.  Even when I look at the top left of the page, there is no image... just a sentence that says silverforum when I hover the mouse pointer over it. 
Not sure if there is a fix on my end or if it is the new software from the switch over. 

In regards to viewing the forum this is probably a caching issue. If you clear your cookies and browsing data, it should then load a fresh set of pages and work normally. :) 

In regards to uploading photos, really not sure why that isn't working at present for you. If you are able to email the image to chris@thesilverforum.com I can test that photo to see if I am able to upload it from here.

Discounts / Offers

We have finally managed to find what was causing the missing media. In the process of moving those pieces across to the new server, please allow a couple more days to the end of next week for this and then all media should be restored :) they are being downloaded and uploaded in the background. Thank you for your patience. 

Discounts / Offers

All media should now be fixed. Please let me know if you see any missing. :) 

Discounts / Offers

Site is looking nice and smooth on mobile. 

The only thing that appears to be still missing is the ability to view someone's feedback. Which of course is an essential tool in trading. 

I'm under the impression that a fix is in the pipeline, but do you have any timescales on that happening?

1 hour ago, Uksilverstackers said:

me too plus cant see some pics just blank white squares.

Via Ipad.

Please check the description in each section, you are likely posting in a Premium member only section. Should you be posting in a section that should be open to you please post a support ticket via this link: https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/85-forum-support-reporting-errors/ and we will help out. 

Discounts / Offers

On 03/10/2020 at 13:35, HighlandTiger said:

The only thing that appears to be still missing is the ability to view someone's feedback. Which of course is an essential tool in trading. 

I'm under the impression that a fix is in the pipeline, but do you have any timescales on that happening?

You should be able to see their feedback when you go to a members profile and click on the feedback tab.

The full features will be restored on the next update, hopefully within the next 2 weeks, but it is dependant on the developer of this particular function there is nothing that we can do unfortunately. 

Discounts / Offers

14 hours ago, Witcher said:

I will specify the issue.  I can upload photos.  All of them are always jpg format. 
Yet when I look... for example, my graded Swan coin listing, I do not see the photos like I used to prior to the switch. 
Now there is an icon and a clickable link.  I snapped a photo so you can see what I see. 
How does my listing look on your end? 

Not sure why the photos are not visible on your side. Did you try clearing your browsers cache data? If you require further assistance please can you start a support topic in the following link so we can help out. https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/85-forum-support-reporting-errors/

The topic looks fine from this side:

Screenshot 2020-10-03 at 17.45.39.png

Discounts / Offers

17 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Today the layout has changed on the I phone. All the worlds are very close if not touching the left of the screen.       A step Bach from what had before

52C818EE-E04A-4174-9348-F32BCED96415.png

Does it work after clearing your cache.

If not, please change to the TSF default theme at the bottom, that should hopefully fix it temporarily.

There seems to be an issue and when I set a default theme it shows with some errors. We will fix this but this can’t be done until all apps have been upgraded to the latest version. 

Discounts / Offers

On 21/09/2020 at 20:54, Squashie said:

It’s faster on my android phone than my iPad lol, which doesn’t make sense when the phone is 2+ years old, and the iPad is less than 6 months! 

Makes perfect sense apple is literally made from Samsung's old hardware :)

@Witcher seems to be having an issue with viewing some media. Some members profile photos etc.

Are any other members also experiencing this? Since uploading all of the missing media I have been unable to see any missing images on this side.

If anyone sees any missing images whilst browsing the forum, e.g. missing member's profile photos. If you could please let me know, and also let me know if you are still experiencing the missing images after clearing your browsing data, cookies & cache etc?

Discounts / Offers

• 1 month later...

Seem to be encountering a server not responding / server not found error when trying to load the forum on IPad using IOS 12.4.9. Have tried clearing cookies etc, checking WiFi and loading the forum on IPhone. It works fine on the phone. Other websites load ok too on the IPad. 

Archived