• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Errors you notice with the new forum software

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Previous message here was accidentally deleted when merging another topic into here, and the top message has no edit history to restore. So here is a very brief summary:

The trading feedback is in development and will be re-added. Please do not worry your feedback has not been lost.

Other features may take a while to be re-added due to the developers of those features.

Theme issue, sometimes the edit box is not showing with the correct box. This issue can’t be addressed until all plugins / applications are updated to latest version. 

All missing images / media, should now be fixed. If you spot any missing please let me know :) 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant see any of the prize draws.  I can see them listed, but when I click, the pages that come up are blank.  I have tried clearing the cache, to no avail.  There is at least one draw I would like to enter which shows as current, but the page is blank for me, cant enter.  Also, cant check the status on prior entries.

• Founder & Administrator
7 minutes ago, PowerOfCheez1873 said:

I cant see any of the prize draws.  I can see them listed, but when I click, the pages that come up are blank.  I have tried clearing the cache, to no avail.  There is at least one draw I would like to enter which shows as current, but the page is blank for me, cant enter.  Also, cant check the status on prior entries.

Thanks for your report. I had already noticed this and sent a message to the developer for that. I will add into the orange notes at the top :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Hi Chris

Just to report that the Forum is the fastest I have seen it on all devices I use on the forum.  

I have seen no availability errors and the issue following links in emails has not happened again. 

Nice new look as well.  Many thanks

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

2 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

complete listing functionality seems to be missing now. 

Thanks. The quick drop down selection option hasn't been added yet, but if you edit a listing you can then use the blue button to choose the completed tag :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

16 minutes ago, ChrisSilver said:

Thanks. The quick drop down selection option hasn't been added yet, but if you edit a listing you can then use the blue button to choose the completed tag :) 

Ah ok I see you have to clear the sale tag first ;) 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

19 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

Is it just me or is anyone else finding this Verification Code system annoying???????🥴

You do not need to enable 2FA if you do not want to. Though if you would like better security you can have it enabled, only takes a few seconds to type the code in.  

Discounts / Offers

17 hours ago, ChrisSilver said:

You do not need to enable 2FA if you do not want to. Though if you would like better security you can have it enabled, only takes a few seconds to type the code in.  

The verification thing took me unawares.  I suspect I have enabled 2FA without even knowing what it is,

I have no idea how to scan funny looking boxes on my computer screen and the box did not seem to allow me to put in an email address.

Having trouble with the search function. It will show many results but when trying to go to the next page, it returns no results.

Reproduction;

Go to the uk sales section (not the sub graded/non-graded, just the main section).

From the search menu;

image.png.91f778c0f90810587570f5dc79c0ebc5.png

Results will be shown, click on any other page of results;

image.png.fa7f70e27b6523000978eba22625827e.png

Result is no more results being shown;

image.png.d46ef7941339c46629c3c71b858e3c5b.png

NOTE - it doesnt do it if you go into the exact sub forum, say graded only, appears to only do it from the top forum section meaning you cant easily search both sub sections you have to do each individually.

On 21/09/2020 at 19:37, ChrisSilver said:

Thanks. Haven’t upgraded the Prize Draws function or enabled it yet, which is why. Should be done later tonight though :) 

I still see an error when viewing the Prize Draws... Its is blank and shows no content

Thank you for the posts in regards to Prize Draws. We are aware that this feature currently isn’t working, please see the orange message at the top. We will get it fixed as soon as is possible but we need to wait for the developer of that work to get back to us. Thank you for your patience and apologies for the inconvenience and down time of this feature. 

We have new prize draws coming as soon as this feature has been re-added :) 

Discounts / Offers

Had a duplicate post, think it might be the same issue as @sixgun posted in the Coronavirus thread. It said my post hadn’t worked so posted it again and it duplicated the text.

C3DAFC7C-3D40-4AA2-95F3-AB9DD8891089.png

Mox Metals Logo Small.jpg  moxmetals.co.uk

Ethically sourced, 100% recycled .999 silver bars & other precious metal coins, bars and collectables.

(Mox, crowned The Silver Forums number one hairy chest in the Northwest - as voted for by @CazLikesCoins, a lady who's seen more than her fair share, allegedly...)

• ChrisSilver changed the title to Errors you notice with the new forum software
1 hour ago, Marc said:

Seems things have all changed and I cannot change my listing from "fopr sale" to completed and i cannot leave feedback. Have yuo taken off these options? If so how do I remove my listing? and it is a shame i cannot leve feedback anymore. Deep shame that.

You can edit the prefix from ‘for sale’ to ‘completed’ just hit the 3 dots on the top right of your trade listing, press the edit button. Then the x on the current ‘for sale’ tag, and then choose the ‘completed’ tag.

The previous quick drop down selection was a custom plugin and needs to be updated by the author of that, it will be some time unfortunately before that is added again. So in the meantime please use the edit button to change the trade prefix.

In regards to trading feedback please see the orange message above, this is in development. 

Discounts / Offers

On 26/09/2020 at 09:44, silverdocket said:

I can't comment on some of the topics... 

@silverdocket are they topics that are only open for Premium Members? 

If not and you still require assistance please start a support topic for this in the support section here with a link to the topic you are unable to post in and we will help.

Discounts / Offers

Members with broken / missing profile photos, if possible please can you re-upload a profile photo. Apologies for the inconvenience.

If you see any missing media in topics or posts please let me know by reporting the topic/post. I believe that it is only a few profile images that were affected and the topics/posts should all hopefully have all of the attachments. 

Discounts / Offers

Prize Draws should be fixed. Though there are some images that are not showing as there are a few images that need to be uploaded still, I am working on this.

For those who haven't entered Septembers Premium Member Prize Draw, you should be able to enter here: 

Discounts / Offers

1 minute ago, Troy77 said:

Any update on the existing photo error. Sorry if I have missed it.

I am using Android if that helps

👍

In the process of uploading the files, that should hopefully fix it. If not I need to upload another set. There are 100’s of thousands of files, so will take a good few days for the first batch to be uploaded whilst running full time in the background. 

Discounts / Offers

3 minutes ago, ChrisSilver said:

In the process of uploading the files, that should hopefully fix it. If not I need to upload another set. There are 100’s of thousands of files, so will take a good few days for the first batch to be uploaded whilst running full time in the background. 

Ah just uploading data no error. Many thanks👍 

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

uploading photos. If I use my iphone they upload fine and embed as normal. If I do it on my desktop (iMac) they attach as a downloadable file, or that’s what it looks like anyway. In a thread and in PM

edit: however, congrats on the migration @ChrisSilver,  running a lot faster and looks great  👍🏻 

Archived