• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

To try and answer that in my limited capacity, if silver was £500 oz it would make so many things too expensive as it’s more of an industrial metal than a precious metal. 

If would be more expensive, the recycling systems would be more efficient than now.

From Electronics-waste, only a very small percentage of silver is recovered at the moment, because it is not profitable.

All this talk of paper price manipulation, I would agree prices are manipulated to some degree by some actors over relatively short periods of time,. But does anyone seriously believe the Gold and Silver markets have been suppressed on Comex over the long term?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

2 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

. But does anyone seriously believe the Gold and Silver markets have been suppressed on Comex over the long term?

Yes because Andrew McGuire nearly lost his life for it over blowing the whistle on manipulation.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Yes because Andrew McGuire nearly lost his life for it over blowing the whistle on manipulation.

I agree there is day to day or hour to hour manipulation I just don't think it much effects the price over the long term. Gold is expensive by any metric, are "they" manipulating the price up?

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

6 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

I agree there is day to day or hour to hour manipulation I just don't think it much effects the price over the long term. Gold is expensive by any metric, are "they" manipulating the price up?

Yes

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

1 minute ago, theman73 said:

Yes

Personally I think its Central Banks buying Gold thats driving the price, makes more sense to me.

22 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Personally I think its Central Banks buying Gold thats driving the price, makes more sense to me.

Last 2 months they bought gold in record numbers and the price went down...

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

3 minutes ago, theman73 said:

Last 2 months they bought gold in record numbers and the price went down...

Yes because they want it as cheap as possible, its a cartel.

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

14 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Personally, I think the influence of private buyers is at least equal with Central Banks.

Let's put together only the population of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, countries well known to be gold lovers. There are 1.6 billion people. If only 10% of them are buying this month only 2g of gold, will be a quantity of 1,000,000 ounces of gold absorbed by private market. Only in Indian Subcontinent.

35 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Personally, I think the influence of private buyers is at least equal with Central Banks.

Let's put together only the population of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, countries well known to be gold lovers. There are 1.6 billion people. If only 10% of them are buying this month only 2g of gold, will be a quantity of 1,000,000 ounces of gold absorbed by private market. Only in Indian Subcontinent.

Yes, ordinary Indian households own more gold (perhaps 25,000 tonnes) than all of the world's central banks combined!!

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

Silver is currently £18.91/$22.88 and has done the square root of Richard relative to gold lately. It's disappointing but that is a general theme with silver - disappointment

I still have faith silver will end up being the big winner I just don't know how many centuries I'll have to wait to realise those gains. Anybody interviewing any vampires perchance?

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

12 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

I still have faith silver will end up being the big winner I just don't know how many centuries I'll have to wait to realise those gains.

The third wave will be the Big Kahuna, when it happens you will know about it.

On 06/10/2023 at 11:12, Zhorro said:

The paper to silver ratio continues to fall.  Two weeks ago it was 254.88:1, now it is 242.67:1.  Back in March is was 364.29:1. Yet, it does not appear to be having much impact on the spot price of silver.

Paper-silver-6-10-23.jpg

On 25/10/2023 at 17:44, silversky said:

Does anyone have a good source of paper vs physical premiums which is updated on a daily basis?  My only source s looking at sales prices from dealers which is hardly much use and also is not chartable.  I'd like to see a chart, to see where the lines cross over during the paper panics, and where they drag down the physical market during the repression years.

The paper to silver ratio continues to fall.  Three weeks ago it was 242.67:1, now it is 224.44:1.  Back in March is was 364.29:1.

What baffles me is that I have seen no discussion of this anywhere, and that it does not seem to have had much impact on the spot price of silver.  The traditional argument has been that it is all this paper silver that is being used to keep down the price of silver, so logically, one would have thought that this massive reduction (since March) in paper silver would have freed up the silver price.  However, since mid-March the silver price has only increased by about less than 3%!

Paper-silver-27-10-23.jpg

9 hours ago, Zhorro said:

The paper to silver ratio continues to fall.  Three weeks ago it was 242.67:1, now it is 224.44:1.  Back in March is was 364.29:1.

What baffles me is that I have seen no discussion of this anywhere, and that it does not seem to have had much impact on the spot price of silver.  The traditional argument has been that it is all this paper silver that is being used to keep down the price of silver, so logically, one would have thought that this massive reduction (since March) in paper silver would have freed up the silver price.  However, since mid-March the silver price has only increased by about less than 3%!

Paper-silver-27-10-23.jpg

Maybe the fireworks are let off once were under a ratio of 200 to 1?

Also if the demand of paper silver delivery out is being met with no problems, the price probably wouldn't be effected too much until deliveries get constrained or are deliverable?

Edited by monkey

Just now, Petra said:

So where’s the big spikes? Nothing great today🤔

Clearly on the gold side of the trades today. Silver will follow

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

4 minutes ago, Petra said:

So where’s the big spikes? Nothing great today🤔

3 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Clearly on the gold side of the trades today. Silver will follow

gold has had a spike, but looking at the gold silver ratio, it has maintained or dipped a little so silver has at least moved in tandem with gold. I agree with @silversky that silver is in a stronger set up to claw back some ground on gold.

It would appear EVs will be getting a tad more expensive! along with most things electronic.

Spikes? Where is it now? Lots of things do this, however, I think it’s fair to say you try and level things out a bit and go from there? Spikes massively for half an hour? Isn’t really going to effect joe blogs prices much is it? Or not for very one any way. Saying that, Atkinsons sovereign are now over £400, but Hattons is still below!

3 minutes ago, Petra said:

Spikes? Where is it now? Lots of things do this, however, I think it’s fair to say you try and level things out a bit and go from there? Spikes massively for half an hour? Isn’t really going to effect joe blogs prices much is it? Or not for very one any way. Saying that, Atkinsons sovereign are now over £400, but Hattons is still below!

When I say spike I was looking at the weekly chart (I could be using the term wrong, still getting my bearings a little with charting), 3 strong weeks on the gold chart. Silvers had a bit of a bouncy time.

Joe blogs price will only be effected on daily or weekly candles really.

I think silvers going to have a big move around the end of the year, or gold will retrace with silver retracing less. The G/S ratio is still at silly highs. I cant see how it will stay this high for too much longer.