• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

37 minutes ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

I have learned it's a fool's errand to warn people, they're too engrossed in Sportsball and Reality TV.

Bread and circuses...

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

6 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Bread and circuses...

Everything that’s happening in the world right now does have more than a slight whiff of the fall of the Roman Empire about it.

History doesn’t repeat but it often rhymes (or whatever that saying is).

Edited by EdwardTeach

Just now, EdwardTeach said:

Everything that’s happening in the world right now does have more than a slight whiff of the fall of the Roman Empire about it.

History doesn’t repeats but it often rhymes (or whatever that saying is).

There's loads that can be learned from history, human nature hasnt really changed that much even if the toys have.  The changes in toys are mostly things becoming abstracted / inherited to allow for greater complexity to be managed and navigated.  

9 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

History doesn’t repeat but it often rhymes (or whatever that saying is).

7 minutes ago, Zeuk said:

There's loads that can be learned from history, human nature hasnt really changed that much even if the toys have.  The changes in toys are mostly things becoming abstracted / inherited to allow for greater complexity to be managed and navigated.  

Absolutely, and the ambitions for totalitarian control by the wealthy and elite haven't changed in 2000 years either.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

4 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Absolutely, and the ambitions for totalitarian control by the wealthy and elite haven't changed in 2000 years either.

Yep i think thats human nature too, if it wasnt them someone else would fill the vacum.  There havent been many philosopher kings that worked for others, some but not many.

53 minutes ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

I have learned it's a fool's errand to warn people, they're too engrossed in Sportsball and Reality TV.

I had a few people over for dinner last night and you are right that's all they are interested in. I prefer to watch other countries to see how they are responding (especially the French) I find it easier to gauge how bad a situation is. 

There are a couple of guys at work who think outside the box but won't protect themselves in any way, I think they just like the controversial talk. 

6 hours ago, EdwardTeach said:

The history books show that the people who are in charge during an empire collapse are never the same people who are in charge after the collapse. If history repeats itself again, and it probably will, there’s a reckoning coming and the so called ‘elites’ should be afraid.

Agreed, but I think that's why they have all their fall guys lined up. Those that think they have a seat at the top table and will get fed to the wolves. The likes of Fauci, Macron, Trudeau, Sunak and potentially even Gates

17 hours ago, Gruff said:

Agreed, but I think that's why they have all their fall guys lined up. Those that think they have a seat at the top table and will get fed to the wolves. The likes of Fauci, Macron, Trudeau, Sunak and potentially even Gates

As long as when my house is burning, I can look over to see those b4st4rd's houses burning as well, it won't be so bad.  But if their houses are protected (and I suspect they are), it will be double as painful for the rest of us...

Real trouble is coming.  How long is anyone's guess.  But it's going to be bad because the west is so fractured now compared to 2008.  We are not a mono ethnic block any more.  Humans will fight each other on ethnic lines when the resources dry up.  It's just a reality that has played out again and again and again throughout history..  It's NEVER "different this time".  Check out Beirut if you doubt it.  It's within living history....

Here's a bit of music that might be relevant for the next crash.  AI is about to experience an event horizon.  And when it does, and things crash, we're going to experience a new type of hell....

Dark in here hehehe  Check out the lyrics...  "Humans were divided, probots and the robophobes.."

The next track (Eden) on this album is beautiful.  Worth a listen if you like retro 80's synth stuff.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

11 hours ago, silversky said:

Real trouble is coming.  How long is anyone's guess.  But it's going to be bad

AI is about to experience an event horizon.  And when it does, and things crash, we're going to experience a new type of hell....

I'm looking forward to it.

It’s exciting! I can’t wait! :D

On 19/03/2023 at 21:15, EdwardTeach said:

Everything that’s happening in the world right now does have more than a slight whiff of the fall of the Roman Empire about it

The reference to the fall of Rome is often used in our discussions here at home.  The lack of perception (and interest) from those around me in the real world constantly amazes me. They just go around behaving like everything is fine and dandy. Makes me want to give them all a good shake and shout at them to waken up.  My neighbours are idiots - blank and stupid, even though they have lots of money to waste on rubbish, which they do with abandon. Sometimes I could scream.

On 21/03/2023 at 11:24, EdwardTeach said:

I'm looking forward to it.

It’s exciting! I can’t wait! :D

I don't know mate.  🤔  I have a very bad feeling about it.  It's like I know something big is being planned and is coming, and although I'd personally like it to be the zombie apocalypse, I suspect it will be more like The Hunger Games meets 1984, with a hefty bit of Skynet chucked in.

Edited by flyingveepixie

7 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

I don't know mate.  🤔  I have a very bad feeling about it.  It's like I know something big is being planned and is coming, and although I'd personally like it to be the zombie apocalypse, I suspect it will be more like The Hunger Games meets 1984, with a hefty bit of Skynet chucked in.

I’ve seen the same things as you and I'm perfectly aware of what is going on in the world at the moment but I’m not going to worry about things that haven't happened yet and may not ever happen.  Even if some or all of those things do happen I’m already fully prepared and organised to deal with that situation too. Be prepared not scared that's my motto these days. Nothing beats me and I've never come across a system yet which can't be manipulated, 'played' and taken advantage of.

Edited by EdwardTeach

10 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

They just go around behaving like everything is fine and dandy. Makes me want to give them all a good shake and shout at them to waken up.  My neighbours are idiots - blank and stupid,

I have seen some small clips of some french police joining with protester's in Paris, they seem mone of a community over there. 

While on the subject can I ask where people get their news on things like this? (Other than YouTube, MSM, and zero hedge). 

6 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

I have seen some small clips of some french police joining with protester's in Paris, they seem mone of a community over there. 

While on the subject can I ask where people get their news on things like this? (Other than YouTube, MSM, and zero hedge). 

Bitchute   Odysee   Rumble ..

1 hour ago, Bigmarc said:

Other than ZeroHedge and the MSM I get my news from Rumble every day. The two best channels on there in my opinion are the Economic Ninja and Liberty & Finance (links below).  The third news channel which I regularly watch is by Neil McCoy-Ward, although this one is only available on YouTube but don’t let that put you off because he is very good indeed.

https://rumble.com/c/c-751835

https://rumble.com/c/LibertyandFinance

Here's todays news video by Neil McCoy-Ward:

Edited by EdwardTeach

38 minutes ago, Petra said:

They’re having a one because they’re going to have to work a bit longer for a pension. If only we had their retirement age!🤔😮

Was pushed through without a vote, probably the same here but don't know. 

40 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

Other than ZeroHedge and the MSM I get my news from Rumble every day. The two best channels on there in my opinion are the Economic Ninja and Liberty & Finance (links below).  The third news channel which I regularly watch is by Neil McCoy-Ward, although this one is only available on YouTube but don’t let that put you off because he is very good indeed.

https://rumble.com/c/c-751835

https://rumble.com/c/LibertyandFinance

Here's todays news video by Neil McCoy-Ward:

I am a fan of live streaming without commentary. It's really useful to get a feel of what is actually going on. All the usual suspects kicked most of it out a while a go and Putin throwing a wobbly just killed it. Nice to see a few channels still allowed to operate on rumble. 

If I get a bit of time later I will see what precious metal content there is.

On 24/03/2023 at 19:23, Petra said:

They’re having a one because they’re going to have to work a bit longer for a pension. If only we had their retirement age!🤔😮

The MSM keep saying that this is all about pensions but it isn't. The pensions are only a small part of the problem. The main issue the French people have is that Macron unilaterally created a new pension law using a special constitutional article. By passing this new law without having the usual parliamentary vote first he has totally disregarded participatory democracy and acted like a dictator or authoritarian monarch rather than a president. This is what these riots are really about.

Edited by EdwardTeach

23 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

The MSM keep saying that this is all about pensions but it isn't. The pensions are only a small part of the problem. The main issue that the French people have is that Macron unilaterally created a new pension law entirely on his own using a special constitutional article. By passing a new law without having the usual parliamentary vote first he has totally disregarded the French constitution and participatory democracy required. By sidestepping democracy in this way he has acted like a dictator or authoritarian monarch rather than a president. This is what these riots are really about.

If it wasn’t in the constitution he and the government couldn’t have done it. At the end of the day lots of the MPs wouldn’t have backed it because they would be scared of losing their seats. Didn’t side step anything really. The thing is in the constitution, obviously they don’t expect anyone to use it. Looks like come next elections there will be a new French president! If only we had their pension rules?

1 hour ago, EdwardTeach said:

The MSM keep saying that this is all about pensions but it isn't. The pensions are only a small part of the problem. The main issue that the French people have is that Macron unilaterally created a new pension law entirely on his own using a special constitutional article. By passing a new law without having the usual parliamentary vote first he has totally disregarded the French constitution and participatory democracy required. By sidestepping democracy in this way he has acted like a dictator or authoritarian monarch rather than a president. This is what these riots are really about.

Skimmed through 7 hours of footage, it's a huge protest and seems peaceful. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. 

1 hour ago, Petra said:

If it wasn’t in the constitution he and the government couldn’t have done it. At the end of the day lots of the MPs wouldn’t have backed it because they would be scared of losing their seats. Didn’t side step anything really. The thing is in the constitution, obviously they don’t expect anyone to use it. Looks like come next elections there will be a new French president! If only we had their pension rules?

Yes my mistake (I have amended my post).

The new pension law didn’t go against the constitution but it was undemocratic and this is the core issue.