• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Anybody else waiting for silver from a mint/dealer?

Russell

I am waiting for a 1 kilo bar from Baird in Hatton Garden, another dealer told me that I wont get it and they will just refund me.  It does say on their site it is a three week wait for silver delivery.  I am thinking such a prestige firm wouldn't damage their reputation by messing customers about?

3 minutes ago, Russell said:

I am waiting for a 1 kilo bar from Baird in Hatton Garden, another dealer told me that I wont get it and they will just refund me.  It does say on their site it is a three week wait for silver delivery.  I am thinking such a prestige firm wouldn't damage their reputation by messing customers about?

It's happening everywhere.  I placed an order for a batch of 2oz QB White Lions on March 15th from BOLD Precious metals and they have yet to ship.  

I'm being patient though, because the premiums grown enormously since then, so for now I'd much rather wait than have it cancelled 🙂

1 minute ago, Lr103 said:

It's happening everywhere.  I placed an order for a batch of 2oz QB White Lions on March 15th from BOLD Precious metals and they have yet to ship.  

I'm being patient though, because the premiums grown enormously since then, so for now I'd much rather wait than have it cancelled 🙂

Yep that is why I am impatient to get hold of that bar, I will be gutted if they refund me and say I can't have it.  One went for 700 on Ebay the other day 🙄

MOST are OVER committed as in kinda forward sold in most cases - as and when ANY supply becomes available  -you can bet your bottom dollar - they will make good on first commitments/orders to save face,ensure integrity - 

IMHO - as @Lr103 says "patience"- the world today has become too much "ME" "NOW" - slowly and surely is the watchword going forward IMHO! 👍

1 minute ago, cravethatcoin said:

On a side note I ordered a chest freezer from Argos 3 weeks ago. A few days back they canceled and refunded my order due to shortages of chest freezers! :D

Despicable Me Minions GIF  60S GIF

2 minutes ago, cravethatcoin said:

On a side note I ordered a chest freezer from Argos 3 weeks ago. A few days back they canceled and refunded my order due to shortages of chest freezers! :D

I have a collection of 10 !!

I will get em on Ebay in the morning 😁😁

Somewhat related, as it has departed The Royal Mint, but I have had a bit of silver sitting at LANGLEY HWDC, The Royal Mail’s international processing centre since 25 March. I sent The Royal Mint an enquiry to see if they know anything on their end. I am not overly concerned given the state of the world. Further, kind of glad The Royal Mint hasn’t shipped the 5 oz Silver 007, as I view it safer just staying with them for the time being.

on march 16 i ordered 20 queens beast 2 ounce falcon from pinehurst coin. got them the first of april.  also ordered on the same day 100 half ounce rounds from golden state mint and have not got those yet but they mint them to order so i will wait.  jim

5 hours ago, Russell said:

That other dealer was talking nonsense, probably in an attempt to make a sale. Myself and many others have bought from Baird over the past few weeks, they are shipping well within the timeline they state. Just check out the "today I received" thread, plenty of bars from Baird lately. 

APMEX cancelled an order I made on 2016 .75 oz RCM Wolves coins. I'm skeptical because I got a really good price but they delivered every other order I made so I assume their website just had an error. BOLD took a while to deliver a 5 g Perth Mint Bar but it came the other day. Monument and Provident have been very good.  I'm waiting on several orders from Scottsdale Mint. I'm sure they'll come but it's taking time.

3 minutes ago, Derv said:

Just seen this on Bairds site Trading is currently closed and will re-open again shortly, please try again later. "

Baird is selling only on workdays when market is open, not weekends.

24 minutes ago, daca said:
30 minutes ago, Derv said:

Just seen this on Bairds site Trading is currently closed and will re-open again shortly, please try again later. "

Baird is selling only on workdays when market is open, not weekends.

Not a surprise, the dealers are suffering from supply issues, I believe this to be correct and invite @LawrenceChard to correct my understanding but if they take your money and can't deliver within, I think it's 28 day's, it in market terms goes from a physical sale and becomes a futures contract.... this puts dealers on a rocky platform as they can get screwed with fines.... that's my understanding I may be wrong and as said invite correction and help with my thinking from a trusted source. TTFN

I'm waiting on the latest Queens Beasts from Goldsiver.BE,  order placed on 18 March but has just stuck at "Payment Received" ever since, works out at £34 each inc. postage and today they are £42.50 on their website so it looks like a smart buy but only as long as I actually get them.  They were pre sale admittedly and the release date is showing 21st April but I'm certain that has been exended and when I ordered them the releade date was prior to this.

3 hours ago, KevinG said:

No cause they have no stock. I prefer to buy on the forum at this point.

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

waiting from Bairdmint and gold.co.uk. Received from both the gold ordered but not the silver 

Just look through the "Today I received" thread if you're worried. Lots of people myself included have been awaiting silver orders, both from UK (Baird etc) and abroad (GSB) and had them fulfilled within the promised timeline. These are big estabilished dealers, they aren't trying to screw you out of a couple of quid. 🙂

3 hours ago, ittle5huggy said:

Not a surprise, the dealers are suffering from supply issues

I believe selling weekdays during trading hours is there normal method. 

18 hours ago, Russell said:

They said they had it in stock before I ordered. I was talking to them on the phone on Thursday and they said they would be shipping early next week.

4 hours ago, ittle5huggy said:

Not a surprise, the dealers are suffering from supply issues, I believe this to be correct and invite @LawrenceChard to correct my understanding but if they take your money and can't deliver within, I think it's 28 day's, it in market terms goes from a physical sale and becomes a futures contract.... this puts dealers on a rocky platform as they can get screwed with fines.... that's my understanding I may be wrong and as said invite correction and help with my thinking from a trusted source. TTFN

It is my guess that Baird do not want to accept website orders over a long weekend for a few possible reasons:

1) In case of large bullion price changes over the weekend.

2) So they do not oversell any particular product (although I would have thought they would have set stock threshold limits).

It would be pure speculation to assign any other general meaning or inferences to any action by a single dealer.

Delivery within 28 days, or any other arbitrary limit is possibly irrelevant:

For any non-investment goods, normal distance selling laws would apply.

Deals on recognised Commodity Exchanges are different from "normal" deals, and Commodity Exchanges all have their own sets of rules and standard contracts. Your thoughts about "in market terms goes from a physical sale and becomes a futures contract" are not correct.

For investment products, including most gold and silver bullion coins, any deal is subject to whatever the two parties agree. Most if not all profesional traders publish their "Terms and Conditions", and require potential buyers to agree to them before making a transaction. If the "customer" does not agree with the "T&Cs", then it is their choice whether to enter a contract or not. Distance Selling rules do not apply. If this was not the case, then it would become almost impossible to buy or sell bullion online, over the telephone, or by mail. Profit margins and prices would need to increase to cover the increased risk imposed on any "distance" trader.

Most dealers apply their own policies in normal times, and also in unusual times like these, and most will keep their policies under review, changing them when market conditions change.

I hope this helps.

Chards

I ordered 73 oz from gold silver.be. Mid March and got an email saying ups will deliver Monday. A mix of the latest QB plus 2020 dragon bars and the 2oz Canadian goose 

all were awaiting stock when I made the order. Got to admit I’m surprised that they are coming at all. I will add photos Monday hopefully 

Archived