• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The coming Gold crash

Wonger
Message added by ChrisSilver

⚠️Please remain respectful to other members even if opinions differ. The truth is that no one knows what the future price of Gold will be and no one can predict with any certainty what it will be. People can make assumptions and guesses based on what they think will happen but at the end of the day anything can happen.

The future price of gold will either be the same, higher, or lower. So please debate respectfully of fellow members even if they have a different opinion or opposing views to the majority of members. 

No member will ever be banned for having a different opinion to another member but members who are rude and disrespectful do risk their account status. Please be polite and respectful of all members, we wish to maintain a pleasant place on TSF ⚠️

On 20/07/2020 at 19:54, Wonger said:

Can you define "similar" so I can fully understand your rules? 😁

Any scenario where the US Dollar is directly revalued (where the purchasing power of the UD Dollar goes up) per any form of government decree (thus a de facto revaluation (increase of purchasing power) via a deflation is excluded from this restriction).

Edit: per any form of government decree (US government  only) or by US law

Edited by silenceissilver

2 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

Any scenario where the US Dollar is directly revalued (where the purchasing power of the UD Dollar goes up) per any form of government decree (thus a de facto revaluation (increase of purchasing power) via a deflation is excluded from this restriction).

Edit: per any form of government decree (US government  only) or by US law

The definition of Deflation is a contraction of the Currency supply leading to increased purchasing power and in the circumstance of a USD revaluation it would be the complete opposite, it would be a decrease in purchasing power, the USD would be diluted which is called Inflation! 😉   

Edited by Wonger

7 hours ago, TheApe said:

My Gold and Silver stocks are through the roof!!!!😁

When is this joke of a thread going to be closed.

I think its great comedy value!!!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

21 minutes ago, Wonger said:

The definition of Deflation is a contraction of the Currency supply leading to increased purchasing power and in the circumstance of a USD revaluation it would be the complete opposite, it would be a decrease in purchasing power, the USD would be diluted which is called Inflation! 😉   

Revaluation means a new value is attached to the currency. As this was unclear to you - that's also how you have to read it. Deal?

1 hour ago, TheApe said:

Without an escrow you have zero chance of seeing that😂.

Not betting against this, lol. Anyone here wants to take that role? @Wonger May I suggest whoever does it, get a one ounce silver coin from the loser and it has to be someone with a high value in positive feedback and no negative feedback in trading and someone we can both agree on but I guess you will reject anyone here

19 minutes ago, Clens92 said:

No, you've posted claims that you're shorting.  No screenshots of the trades themselves.

Because they're fictional?  Or because they're so far in the red?

Because im not here to post screen shots of my personal P&L, but rest assured the S&P500 longs which were stated on here many many weeks ago along with targets are by a factor of ?? x outweighing losses on open Gold Futures Shorts which will soon be showing profits anyway as nothing has changed and my target is $385 by the end of 2021 whether you like or not this thread will continue! 😁   

2 minutes ago, Wonger said:

Gold Futures Shorts which will soon be showing profits anyway as nothing has changed and my target is $385 by the end of 2021 whether you like or not this thread will continue! 😁   

Good luck with that but if you are taking anymore wagers please do let me know. 👍

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

22 minutes ago, Wonger said:

Would this include the US Treasury re valuing Gold or do you need to think about that one? 😉 

If the US Dollar is revaluaded per se, it will affect the gold spot price. If gold is revaluated against the Dollar without the Dollar being revaluated per se (against everything else) then the answer is no - it would not be included in the restriction. But in practice this won't and can't happen (if it directly affects the spot price). But keep in mind, the bet would still be about the spot price, not the value the FED/treasury has in their books, for one ounce of gold.

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Good luck with that but if you are taking anymore wagers please do let me know. 👍

Next wager will be Shorting More Gold Futures contracts on the desk and personally around 2.00 am BST, you want to put your big boy pants on and play?

6 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

If the US Dollar is revaluaded per se, it will affect the gold spot price. If gold is revaluated against the Dollar without the Dollar being revaluated per se (against everything else) then the answer is no - it would not be included in the restriction. But in practice this won't and can't happen (if it directly affects the spot price). But keep in mind, the bet would still be about the spot price, not the value the FED/treasury has in their books, for one ounce of gold.

What if the Fed announces US Treasury yield curve targeting revaluing the USD via US Treasury purchases made through the US Treasury on the Feds behalf?

12 minutes ago, Wonger said:

Next wager will be Shorting More Gold Futures contracts on the desk and personally around 2.00 am BST, you want to put your big boy pants on and play?

Wonger you haven't graduated to big boy pants - thankfully you are still in nappies b/c you messed yourself when silver just stormed through $22.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

14 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Wonger you haven't graduated to big boy pants - thankfully you are still in nappies b/c you messed yourself when silver just stormed through $22.

Armchair Spectator sixgun, your getting all excited again like last time before Silver dropped over 40% like I told you it would!😁 

48 minutes ago, Wonger said:

You never accepted the first wager i offered you which related to $4 silver, so let's not get too excited about the 'next wager'. 
i am leaving this and Wonker's other thread - you should not mock the afflicted and i am tempted to mock. 

And by the way Wonky - the physical buy price of silver never fell - you couldn't get coins at those paper prices - the physical prices went up. All that happened is longs have started demanding physical and bullion banks have started pulling out of the metals business. They don't want to get caught short - the game has changed but you are still playing kiss catch at Infants School.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Just now, Witcher said:

I just checked...  it's approaching $23

Next stop according to Mr Wong is $4 and it will all happen in a millisecond. 

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

You never accepted the first wager i offered you which related to $4 silver, so let's not get too excited about the 'next wager'. 
i am leaving this and Wonker's other thread - you should not mock the afflicted and i am tempted to mock. 

And by the way Wonky - the physical buy price of silver never fell - you couldn't get coins at those paper prices - the physical prices went up. All that happened is longs have started demanding physical and bullion banks have started pulling out of the metals business. They don't want to get caught short - the game has changed but you are still playing kiss catch at Infants School.

Armchair Spectator sixgun, you make things up as you go along, the fact is you were completely wrong and the price of Silver fell over 40% like I told you it would, did you ever assess your own mental health state by any chance? 🤣

Edited by Wonger

20 minutes ago, Wonger said:

Armchair Spectator sixgun, you make things up as you go along, the fact is you were completely wrong and the price of Silver fell over 40% like I told you it would, did you ever assess your own mental health state by any chance? 🤣

You had been saying there would be a fall for the best part of a year. The physical price went up - this is what matters on this forum - the price of coins went up and have never come down since. Gold is heading for an all time dollar high - the game has changed. You are a laughing stock on the forum - the members are interested in physical. i said to you i would take as much $4 silver as you can come up with. Gold has jumped over $20 tonight. It is what it is and price is not crashing but your advice to short gold and silver has turned out to be a car crash. i fully expect there will be pull backs but it isn't going to $4 silver of $400 gold.

Edited by sixgun

23 minutes ago, Witcher said:

How much would you pay for a 2020 NIUE gold 1 oz Boba Fett (only 1000 minted)? 

The melt price - personally i don't like the look of the coin.

2020 Niue 1 oz Gold $250 Star Wars: Boba Fett BU

Just now, Witcher said:

That is funnier than Wonger.  hahahaha 
Obviously, not looking to sell anywhere near melt or spot.  

i offered a price i knew you would not accept b/c i don't like the look of the coin and wouldn't buy it except if it were a bargain and i know i could get shut of it with enough margin to make it worth my while.