• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

007 at 7:00, Monday

Shinus73

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Ducat916 said:

I had high hopes for these Bond coins but don't like any of the standard ones. I like the special edition db5 but umm'd & ah'd & decided it was just too much. I look on it as saving myself £485 ;)

I got one, but can also see your point of view given what you could get for £494 (don’t forget the £9 postage!!). 

18 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I got one, but can also see your point of view given what you could get for £494 (don’t forget the £9 postage!!). 

Ah yes, forgot about the postage! The 5oz is a lovely coin, I very nearly went for it but think I made the right decision for me. Hope you enjoy the coin when it arrives.

30 minutes ago, Melon said:

Bunch of ugly ducklings. Fed up of everything selling out at the mint no matter how naff it is. 99% flippers now. 

The standard design is boring and only half works with all three coins overlapping. I'm going to see what the special actually looks like and return if no good. 

Definitely seems to be flippers mass buying. Most things shouldn't sell out in a morning. I don't like these pre-sales on ebay or this queue system at RM which appears to be a hyping tool. 

Next up..dino 2.

The Royal Mint is creating a bubble in speculative buying of pretty ordinary designs and trying to hide it with smaller or “trendy” mintages e.g. 7007 etc., Engravers and 2017s, notwithstanding , because those designs are already classics and are reproduced. Everything else is pretty cack.

5 minutes ago, Platinum said:

I agree, the hype feels too high for the good of the product.

It’s smart when you have no real collectors buying. U hype it up dump it all on people expecting to make a profit, then they are stuck with an item they can’t sell easily unless near spot. 

pump n dump, and I guess the royal mint dumped on us. 

Don’t be surprised if the do a “special” Brexit coin at the end of the year then guys!! You know when Brexit officially happens! They like anniversaries too, so a 5 years since Brexit coin will happen and then every 5 years after that etc etc

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

9 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Don’t be surprised if the do a “special” Brexit coin at the end of the year then guys!! You know when Brexit officially happens! They like anniversaries too, so a 5 years since Brexit coin will happen and then every 5 years after that etc etc

I think this too 👍

20 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Matt finish sotd, with mirror finish portcullis privy. £950

25 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Or the wedding at No10 and the prime ministers new baby sovereign 🤣

will be his 6th kid tho lol

This looks cheap!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F143545807473

It’s not my listing but it could be had for less than Mint price??? 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Archived