• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

007 at 7:00, Monday

Shinus73

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, stackspot said:

With the 3 coin series I can live with 1 and 3 but 2 is an eyesore🤨

Once in hand, as a set i honestly think they will look great. The details around the DB5 are pretty special. You need to be a bond fan (or aston fan) though I guess, otherwise you need to find a bond fan to sell to and there are a few of them 👍

5oz silver now sold out. 

Added 0 minutes later...
1 minute ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Has anyone worked out whether there are 150 or 250? If the initial thinking is that 150 are in special presentation sets, then what are they doing with the other 100.....?

I assume its 150 as individual coins. The other 100 are going in a three coin set (I think). 

I spoke to the Mint today about this today (before I noticed the difference between 150 and 250). They said that they were not issuing the 5oz as a set. This arose because the lady I spoke to was asking me if it was the three coin set I was after, rather than a single coin. I asked whether she was sure this was correct and she then apologised and said that this was a mistake as the 5oz was not a series coin. She had thought we were discussing the 2oz coins.

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I spoke to the Mint today about this today (before I noticed the difference between 150 and 250). They said that they were not issuing the 5oz as a set. This arose because the lady I spoke to was asking me if it was the three coin set I was after, rather than a single coin. I asked whether she was sure this was correct and she then apologised and said that this was a mistake as the 5oz was not a series coin. She had thought we were discussing the 2oz coins.

Thanks. Anyone's guess on the actual mintage then! 

1 minute ago, Kman said:

I had the 5oz in my basket earlier but I find it hard to buy things I don't like even if I don't plan on keeping them 

That's one of the reasons that I didn't buy any gold. I work on the premise that I might not be able to flip so I need to like the design. 

29 minutes ago, happy2gether said:

007-5oz.thumb.jpg.f2a25947e510955b66b9ec933dbdf0dd.jpg

Not my usual area of interest as they are a bit modern, and much higher grade than I am used to, but my first thought was 'why have they put a VW Beetle on a James Bond coin'??🤔

- I then realised it is the background🤣

19 minutes ago, SilverTanner said:

Not my usual area of interest as they are a bit modern, and much higher grade than I am used to, but my first thought was 'why have they put a VW Beetle on a James Bond coin'??🤔

- I then realised it is the background🤣

Yeah I think the 1st coin looks like a Nissan Micra (the bubble car) from a certain distance. 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

14 minutes ago, arshimo2012 said:

https://shop.royalmail.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Bond

1000 mintage for the 1oz silver proof and 50 for the 1/4oz gold proof in stamp presentation.

Oh Ash- The headache of the the 007 coin choice conundrum on the RM site- now this Stamp Presentation- Absolutely mind boggling

I'm pleased to have shifted my headache by getting rid of my cash by buying @kneehow2018's 2019 1/2oz Britannia at Spot.

32 minutes ago, Kman said:

Will something like this be a desirable collectable? 

0071.thumb.png.ff41a5f6183220083c6e1847efcade40.png

It’s expensive as the sheet weighs the half oz not half oz per ”stamp”. Cool  though !

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

2 minutes ago, stackspot said:

5oz silver is not saying sold out at the moment at the Royal Mint

Ha. Only minutes ago it had '75% reserved' scrawled across the stock photo with 'Sold out' at the bottom.

And now as you quite rightly indicate, it's completely available!

Archived