• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

007 at 7:00, Monday

Shinus73

Just now, BrumChris said:

I just meant that I prefer the old style 5oz box. Looks fancier. 

Sorry - understood now. I think they intended to use the regular box that you like. When you said 'new box' I thought you meant the box they had intended to use (and did for the first batch) rather than the leatherette box that we all received - which I am not a fan of and am pleased they will be replacing. So when you said new - I thought you mean new as in not the one you first received the bond coin in!! Sorry for the confusion....

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Yes, happy to say that the coin I received has nothing immediately obvious to the naked eye. Under a loupe it looks good too. I think I must be one of the lucky ones. I have however, still not had an update from the Mint re the new boxes and CoA. 

That good news. Might be worth grading that one. By the sounds of it a fair few have defects. 

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Sorry - understood now. I think they intended to use the regular box that you like. When you said 'new box' I thought you meant the box they had intended to use (and did for the first batch) rather than the leatherette box that we all received - which I am not a fan of and am pleased they will be replacing. So when you said new - I thought you mean new as in not the one you first received the bond coin in!! Sorry for the confusion....

Have they said they'll be replacing them? They only told me that they were printing the CoA and the special edition 007 themed outer cover.

44 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Got mine, perhaps i'm being too picky... but there are two light brown spots in the frosting, one visible to the naked eye, the other under the loop, one or two very small black dots and two very light hairlines in the mirror section above the Aston. I ask myself would I accept a coin like this if bought in the second hand market and the answer is no I wouldn't  - so its going on its merry trip back to RM. I will think on it tonight if I bother asking for a replacement or just give up. I take some hope in the fact @CadmiumGreen and @AndrewSL76 have received good ones, that said it seems you may have a very rare coin indeed! 🤬😭

Apparently getting my 2oz Elton (silver) tomorrow, can't say I'm looking forward to that now - i may give up on RM silver proofs altogether if this is how it is.

That's annoying. My first one had a brown dot next to the left hand wingmirror. My concern is that we might be at the stage of just getting other returns now. 

RM seem to be having real issues with silver proofs. Takes the joy out of receiving them.

I received my replacement today. It’s much better that the first they sent me, but...

It has a black dot ️ halfway up just inside the rim on the left hand side and then more on the rim itself. This is clearly visible to the naked eye.

I missed the opening hours today but will be on the phone first thing sorting another return. 

So disappointed. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 hour ago, BrumChris said:

Have they said they'll be replacing them? They only told me that they were printing the CoA and the special edition 007 themed outer cover.

I was told there would be a new glossy box and CoA. 

1 hour ago, BrumChris said:

That's annoying. My first one had a brown dot next to the left hand wingmirror. My concern is that we might be at the stage of just getting other returns now. 

RM seem to be having real issues with silver proofs. Takes the joy out of receiving them.

Out of interest, here is a photo of my most prominent brown spot, to the left of the wing mirror. Doesn't look too bad on the photo, but is obvious to the eye.

B6723080-4256-4D87-AEF3-C946F6AB9D96.jpeg

32 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I was told there would be a new glossy box and CoA. 

So basically they've sent coins out without the correct box, box cover and coa!!! Why not just wait till it was all ready. I despair. 

22 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Out of interest, here is a photo of my most prominent brown spot, to the left of the wing mirror. Doesn't look too bad on the photo, but is obvious to the eye.

B6723080-4256-4D87-AEF3-C946F6AB9D96.jpeg

That's not my coin but its the same type of spot. Mine was about 0.5cm further to the left near the rifling boundary. Hard to photograph but very obvious to the eye.

4 minutes ago, BrumChris said:

So basically they've sent coins out without the correct box, box cover and coa!!! Why not just wait till it was all ready. I despair. 

Well, in April they WERE able to send it out in the correct box, with the CoA etc......

14 minutes ago, BrumChris said:

I wonder if they have wanted the metal delivered rather than sitting in their stores and the value against their books in some sort of reserved pot. Why else push it out before ready. Need to make room for all these other 5oz coins coming through too I guess.

From what I have assessed, there is small blemish in the frosting on the reverse at about the 8 o’clock position, but not any of that black spotting all over the place.

C40B76D8-FD83-4553-B8DB-C2CF4E3A356B.jpeg.47888c49d422b472699fc411568d7ef2.jpeg

Does one need to ring The Royal Mint for them to send you a COA, and “correct” box? Or will they be sending them to all who were shipped from this last batch? Not really keen about being put on an expected hold with The Royal Mint with an international phone call.

11 hours ago, CadmiumGreen said:

From what I have assessed, there is small blemish in the frosting on the reverse at about the 8 o’clock position, but not any of that black spotting all over the place.

C40B76D8-FD83-4553-B8DB-C2CF4E3A356B.jpeg.47888c49d422b472699fc411568d7ef2.jpeg

Does one need to ring The Royal Mint for them to send you a COA, and “correct” box? Or will they be sending them to all who were shipped from this last batch? Not really keen about being put on an expected hold with The Royal Mint with an international phone call.

Most of the black spots seem to only be visible with a magnifier. When I spoke to the mint they were aware of the missing coa etc on these so I imagine that they'll be sent to everyone automatically.

Maybe email to confirm rather than calling? Given the Elton John release it could be quite a queue. 

9 hours ago, BrumChris said:

Most of the black spots seem to only be visible with a magnifier. When I spoke to the mint they were aware of the missing coa etc on these so I imagine that they'll be sent to everyone automatically.

Maybe email to confirm rather than calling? Given the Elton John release it could be quite a queue. 

Thanks, buddy! And thanks to other members whom recommended the same with me!! I just shot off the enquiry email to The Royal Mint...for  at least some closure and peace of mind.

I think i

9 hours ago, BrumChris said:

LPM got the right packaging! I hadn't realised RM made 350 coins for the international market.

I think I see a spot at the 12 o’clock just inside the rim. They seem to have sent out international orders first with the correct packaging, and sent the c**p out to domestic buyers. 

Has anyone had their second return back yet?

1 hour ago, Jeffers46 said:

I think i

I think I see a spot at the 12 o’clock just inside the rim. They seem to have sent out international orders first with the correct packaging, and sent the c**p out to domestic buyers. 

Has anyone had their second return back yet?

Yeah I noticed that spot. I think there's a couple of less obvious ones as well. 

On 13/07/2020 at 23:56, BrumChris said:

Has anyone had a second return back?

They haven't even confirmed receipt of my second return yet. They should let us know they have it, right? 

Calling them today, will update here after.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, BrumChris said:

Received my new box today but no coin...

Anyone else received their coin after a return?

I got another correct box (nothing wrong with my first box). So now there are 2 identical COAs floating around 😂 What a 🐔  up!!

Sorry I cant comment about the coin, mine was all right first time pre or just going into lockdown 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

20 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

I got another correct box (nothing wrong with my first box). So now there are 2 identical COAs floating around 😂 What a 🐔  up!!

Sorry I cant comment about the coin, mine was all right first time pre or just going into lockdown 

You couldn't make it up! I've just received an email for another delivery, which I presume is the coin. Why not just send it together in the right box! 

Fingers crossed it is the coin and not a second box and coa...

Archived