• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

007 at 7:00, Monday

Shinus73

I actually joined the que and had the option to buy any of the coins that were available at 7:05am,  my dad is a huge James Bond fan - especially the Sean Connery ones, to my dad there is and will only ever be one James Bond, and that is Sean Connery, his favourite car is also the DB5, so even though I personally though the coins and their designs were ''meh'', I thought my dad migh like then.  When I saw the prices that they were asking for the coins, especially considering my opinion of the coin designs themselves, they all got a hard pass from me, I actually bought him the 2020 James Bond Tuvalu 1 ounce silver coin instead, I thought the design of the Tuvalu coin was a much better design for a James Bond themed coin, and my dad would like it more as a James Bond novelty item than any of the offerings from the Royal Mint.  I can't help but feel and think that for such a world famous British institution and franchise - the only thing more Brittish than James Bond is Tea, the Royal Mint did't just let the franchise down, but failed it miserably.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Rgcoins said:

It’s smart when you have no real collectors buying. U hype it up dump it all on people expecting to make a profit, then they are stuck with an item they can’t sell easily unless near spot. 

pump n dump, and I guess the royal mint dumped on us. 

I expect to see them coming back in stock at the mint as people realise they aren't going to make money on these and exercise their right to return. 

7 minutes ago, Seth said:

I actually joined the que and had the option to buy any of the coins that were available at 7:05am,  my dad is a huge James Bond fan - especially the Sean Connery ones, to my dad there is and will only ever be one James Bond, and that is Sean Connery, his favourite car is also the DB5, so even though I personally though the coins and their designs were ''meh'', I thought my dad migh like then.  When I saw the prices that they were asking for the coins, especially considering my opinion of the coin designs themselves, they all got a hard pass from me, I actually bought him the 2020 James Bond Tuvalu 1 ounce silver coin instead, I thought the design of the Tuvalu coin was a much better design for a James Bond themed coin, and my dad would like it more as a James Bond novelty item than any of the offering from the Royal Mint.  I can' help but feel and think hat for such a world famous British institution and franchise - the only thing more Brittish than James Bond is Tea, the Royal Mint did't just let the franchise down, bu failed it miserably.

Your Dad has got good taste....... Connery is my fav too, i'm a 007 fan and was also disappointed but as a collector and not a flipper i had to get something from the first run, I also bought Tuvalu coin and do like that.

59 minutes ago, Melon said:

I expect to see them coming back in stock at the mint as people realise they aren't going to make money on these and exercise their right to return. 

That's a near certainty. I'm guessing that a lot of flippers will be watching the sold prices and getting ready to cancel. I suspect the special editions will be the only ones to not reappear.

1 hour ago, Melon said:

I hope a 5oz silver comes back, I want to get myself one to keep.

2 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Look, it’s in the earlier photo...on his work bench...

That's what my mum used on her gold...........lol

She's dead now but i still haven't found her gold stash🤣

2 minutes ago, wolfiemac said:

That's what my mum used on her gold...........lol

She's dead now but i still haven't found her gold stash🤣

That’s because every time you find a coin you’re saying ‘nah, that’s brass’........

13 minutes ago, BrumChris said:

I wonder if the buyer of the largest Una (5 kilo) is annoyed that they've lost the 'RM largest coin ever produced' title to a 7 kilo three months later 🤔

Thanks for asking about my 5kilo Una, I was bummed out at first... 

then I woke up and made myself a tea. 

6 hours ago, BrumChris said:

I wonder if the buyer of the largest Una (5 kilo) is annoyed that they've lost the 'RM largest coin ever produced' title to a 7 kilo three months later 🤔

I think the Una is a more intricate work of art by far, and possibly even more valuable than the bigger Bond coin...?

18 hours ago, wolfiemac said:

New Bond film delayed 7 months due to Virus

This is likely to kill any momentum on the aftersale price...

So many flippers will return these coins. On the flip side of that though, that will reduce the mintage number for the holders...

Surely the 5oz silver and the front on DB5 will do ok? I think the relief of that DB5 design will look ace on a large coin. 

1 hour ago, Jeffers46 said:

So many flippers will return these coins. On the flip side of that though, that will reduce the mintage number for the holders...

Surely the 5oz silver and the front on DB5 will do ok? I think the relief of that DB5 design will look ace on a large coin. 

Dunno, but in November unless the release date of the coins are delayed then you will have the full set of coins to flip when the film comes out and all the hype that come with it, so might be a good thing

16 minutes ago, wolfiemac said:

Dunno, but in November unless the release date of the coins are delayed then you will have the full set of coins to flip when the film comes out and all the hype that come with it, so might be a good thing

Really depends who the flippers are.  If it’s the regular crowd that have kept them, shortage of capital won’t be an issue. But if it’s new flippers joining the hype of the una and other coins after. I doubt they’d be more cash strapped and end up selling at a loss, or going to a pawnshop 🤣

17 minutes ago, zhoutonged said:

Is anyone in the market for a 7kg 007 selling at spot + 5%

I heard a rumour the RM were planning a 10kg Spice Girls coin, so looking to raise some fundz.

Now that’s a series I would collect. 
I mean who doesn’t put on “Wannabe” on full blast when the wife is out. Surely I’m not the only one here 😉 don’t be shy guys...

2 hours ago, Jeffers46 said:

Could be a good chance to pick up a couple of extra 5ozs

Archived