• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

007 at 7:00, Monday

Shinus73

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 20JMK20 said:

Ha. Only minutes ago it had '75% reserved' scrawled across the stock photo with 'Sold out' at the bottom.

And now as you quite rightly indicate, it's completely available!

Not in stock 🙈

7 minutes ago, 20JMK20 said:

@AndrewSL76 ...

It is available once again on the RM site for half of the eBay flipping price ;)

Thanks for this - limited to one per household though...All good, I may have a second one sorted for the original mint price. Thanks again!

4 minutes ago, happy2gether said:

not only 5oz available again, also 1oz silver, quarter oz gold and other versions. and also no indication how many reserved.

As someone who is new to the world of coin collecting I have seen The RM do this with other releases.

I wonder if this is to create hysteria thus panic buying!? 🤔

6 minutes ago, happy2gether said:

Royal mint corrected limited edition presentation numbers for 5oz silver to 440 coins.

007-5oz-new.thumb.png.7c334e11aab1332f64ce58f236af3729.png

440 mintage now cited- the earlier 150/250 ‘typo’ might prove an expensive one- or perhaps this is the typo? 

2 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

440 mintage now cited- the earlier 150/250 ‘typo’ might prove an expensive one- or perhaps this is the typo? 

Looks like a new trick. Hmm 🤔 let’s say the mintage is 100 then change our mind and double it after people have ordered!! 

FFS! At least **** Turpin wore a mask 😷 

😡 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

I believe AgAuNews is right with total mintage of 700 coins for the 5oz silver coin. If there is no kg silver version (LPM mentioned it, AgAuNews did not mention it) then 5oz silver is still the only silver coin with the front view of Aston Martin DB5.

58 minutes ago, happy2gether said:

Royal mint corrected limited edition presentation numbers for 5oz silver to 440 coins.

007-5oz-new.thumb.png.7c334e11aab1332f64ce58f236af3729.png

To fulfill the ordered demand no doubt ~ Oh the cynicism within 😜

Check later, it might be 900 Mintage 😆 

3 hours ago, happy2gether said:

More infos here:

https://agaunews.com/would-be-cheaper-to-buy-the-actual-car/

The 2oz versions have micro-engraved repeating list of the Bond movie titles.

really looking for the James Bond themed bars.

I have just read this. Did no one else spot the sarcastic reference to the RRP for the seven kilo coin?

'The blood of 1000 peasants'

🤣

2 hours ago, Kman said:

Will something like this be a desirable collectable? 

0071.thumb.png.ff41a5f6183220083c6e1847efcade40.png

I like this. Quirky. And I like different. I'm tempted. But as you ask @Kman, will it become a desirable collectable;

My hunch says potentially yes, considering Mr Bond is an institution of global interest. 

Sounds inviting ...

2 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

It’s expensive as the sheet weighs the half oz not half oz per ”stamp”. Cool  though !

The Royal Mail site states;

[ Silver stamps include ¼ ounce 925s Silver. ]

One would assume this pertains to the entire set.

Cool indeed!

1 hour ago, 20JMK20 said:

The Royal Mail site states;

[ Silver stamps include ¼ ounce 925s Silver. ]

One would assume this pertains to the entire set.

Cool indeed!

Stamp shaped bullion/proofs, now there’s an idea!! 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Glad I missed this, don't like any of them much and think the car looks absolutely dreadful I'm very sorry to say. The Mint 'antics' get worse and worse...

Heard the new Bond song on the radio for the first time today and have to agree with the singer - 'it's just no time to buy'.

When i first got on the site i was disappointed with the design, only the 5oz silver/gold had what i was looking for, but £500 ish for a silver coin (Royal Mint Issues) no thanks and i can't justify the Gold.

But when I seen the 3 coins together making the up the full design i liked it, so went for 3 x 1oz Silver Proofs and a 1/4 Gold.

I'm a 007 fan so im happy to keep the coins but I may part with the silver ones and just keep the Gold.

I checked them out.  I was really hoping for a knock out design that I would really like.  While I like the idea of using an Aston Martin in the design, the pictures on the website seemed really bland to me.  Pass.

Archived