• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

007 at 7:00, Monday

Shinus73

Everyone has gone mad. People are just buying the mintage, not the coin and The RM and flippers will milk this while they can. The losers will be those that buy on the early secondary market or possibly even in the first.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, happy2gether said:

Can someone explain me, why there are 2 different issues, the normal one and the special one?

Hopefully the mintage for 5oz is only little higher than the limited edition presentation mintage what is stated on their site. Confusing that both numbers 150 and 250 are mentioned, so which is the correct one.

For me the design of the special one looks better. 

I would have thought the special design could have been released as an ‘inspired innovations’ coin, like they did for Queen the band. Some of them have differences- micro engraving in the 007 part for example. And the front on DB5 view is A completely Different coin. 

all getting a bit confusing really

I have gone for the 5 oz Silver. Not sure what their game is with that said coin in regards to the confusing Mintage (two different numbers given and not even the usual 'Full Coin Mintage' given under the specs. I have contacted them about this. I would expect clarity from the offset (no hidden ingredients please).

AND, I can confirm that this coin was not on the site until at least 8.45am (I placed my order at 9.10am and had only seen it a very short while before).

22 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Same here I added one to the basket + I tried loads of different codes trying to get into the secret discounts but failed , then there was a £9 postage charge added 😣 so I bailed out quick glad I did now 😄

For me I didn’t like the design of the 1oz Silver and the mintage was too high.  The 1/4 Gold the same- and also, I flipped a 1/4 Queen coin for not much more than the gamble- not worth it. 

I really liked the 5oz Silver- but my gut feeling said no.The whole gamble of £400 over spot made me dither, not the postage- it might do well but for me the hassle of tying up cash made the payoff not worth it for me personally.

Also, I’m still outstanding my Silver Una from December the original one sent scratched- ditto with the 1oz Silver Queen coin- all of which is extremely frustrating. 

I’ll likely instead,  buy a couple of Sovereigns or another 1/2 Onza Gold Libertad to remind me what value really is. 

12 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

For me I didn’t like the design of the 1oz Silver and the mintage was too high.  The 1/4 Gold the same- and also, I flipped a 1/4 Queen coin for not much more than the gamble- not worth it. 

I really liked the 5oz Silver- but my gut feeling said no.The whole gamble of £400 over spot made me dither, not the postage- it might do well but for me the hassle of tying up cash made the payoff not worth it for me personally.

Also, I’m still outstanding my Silver Una from December the original one sent scratched- ditto with the 1oz Silver Queen coin- all of which is extremely frustrating. 

I’ll likely instead,  buy a couple of Sovereigns or another 1/2 Onza Gold Libertad to remind me what value really is. 

I've taken a punt on the 5oz due to low mintage, nice design and size. I doubt any of the others have a chance of holding value over time. 

I really don't like that you have to buy all three of the basic design to (kind of) make it work. 

I only just came back and looked, I'm surprised the silver 1oz proof sold out at 7007

I'm also very surprised the best design with the best mintage, 5oz coin 250, hasn't sold out yet?

Reading through the comments here you guys feel exactly the same about the 5oz

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

3 minutes ago, Kman said:

I only just came back and looked, I'm surprised the silver 1oz proof sold out at 7007

I'm also very surprised the best design with the best mintage, 5oz coin 250, hasn't sold out yet?

Not sold out yet because it was only added about an hour later, and many people don't even know about it yet!

3 minutes ago, Kman said:

Knowing the mint other sizes for the front view will come out when the other coins do. A privy version with a martini glass. 

21 minutes ago, verrachi said:

Am I blind or there isn't a Silver 1KG Proof 007 coin listed on The Royal Mint?

I'm only asking because on LPM it says coming soon O_o?

LPM EXCLUSIVE - 2020 1 KG GREAT BRITAIN SPECIAL ISSUE DB5 JAMES BOND 007 .999 SILVER PROOF COIN
https://www.lpm.hk/2020-kg-great-britain-special-issue-james-bond-999-silver-proof-coin.html

2 minutes ago, Kman said:

Seeing what people spent on the Brexit Sovereign this looks cheap 😛 

true .. even it’s the best coin out of the lot i can’t see myself spending £485 for 5oz silver would rather get another 70 sovereign 😋

1 minute ago, Sovereign said:

true .. even it’s the best coin out of the lot i can’t see myself spending £485 for 5oz silver would rather get another 70 sovereign 😋

However, if you are interested in a good investment, this 5oz silver is special, I can see it fetching over £1,000 soon. 

Not a fan of the three coin design. They've just plonked some general bond designs on them and the 007 isn't very obvious. The 5oz looks better but way to expensive for me. I'll leave this one!

Just now, Sovereign said:

I do hope so for the people who bought it 👍

Yeah. I regretfully couldn't participate in this one due to lack of funds...and don't want to sell my gold Queen's beasts to fund that... Hmmm, or maybe I should? 😛

2 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Yeah. I regretfully couldn't participate in this one due to lack of funds...and don't want to sell my gold Queen's beasts to fund that... Hmmm, or maybe I should? 😛

Also not seen any on eBay yet ..🧐

4 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

I will buy back With what you have paid me 😉

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Archived