• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

007 at 7:00, Monday

Shinus73

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a call from the friendly lady at the mint today, although mine has gone back to be replaced, apparently we will all receive a COA and a proper 007 box (rather than the royal mint box) in the post at some point. We will receive an email confirming this apparently. Seems like a right mess but there you have it.

1 hour ago, SilverMike said:

Had a call from the friendly lady at the mint today, although mine has gone back to be replaced, apparently we will all receive a COA and a proper 007 box (rather than the royal mint box) in the post at some point. We will receive an email confirming this apparently. Seems like a right mess but there you have it.

I did wonder about the box! Mine went back today. I checked with a lens and it had black spots as well. Hopefully we won't be sent each others return....

Yeah I called customer services and got a free returns label. They scanned it at the post office, it was quite simple. The lady did say they have some replacements in stock but the quality control has been non existent on these.

Those black marks- could they be flecks of dust on the dies? Really disappointing so far, I hope they sort it out.

10 minutes ago, Jeffers46 said:

Those black marks- could they be flecks of dust on the dies? Really disappointing so far, I hope they sort it out.

My guess is dirty dies. I also had an imperfection in the silver itself which I think might have been an oncoming milk spot. 

Shocking really. Forgetting the quality control, why send them out without the COA and box when they knew they were missing/being reprinted. Even a note/email explaining would have been nice. Instead everyone has to call the helpline.

This is why I hoped the Coin Connection would have some at release but alas RM exclusive.

3 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Seems the mint have turned my return around quickly, due to get the new one tomorrow 🤞

That is remarkable. They have said they will send out a new glossy box and certificate but I have not heard anything from them yet........Wonder what yours will be like - leather-ette box and no certificate or new glossy box etc! Please let us know!!

5 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Seems the mint have turned my return around quickly, due to get the new one tomorrow 🤞

Best of luck Mike.  

It took until Mid April to get my Silver Una sorted from the December release.

26 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

That is remarkable. They have said they will send out a new glossy box and certificate but I have not heard anything from them yet........Wonder what yours will be like - leather-ette box and no certificate or new glossy box etc! Please let us know!!

Will do 👍

43 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Mine is due tomorrow as well. I was only joking earlier about getting each others returns. Now I'm not so sure...

Got my replacement on Saturday already, but sending it back again small dot on windscreen , I think somebody mention it here coin with same problem , probably they just swapping coin and send each others. With note on invoice additional items will be send shortly. 

IMG_20200706_165206549.jpg

3 minutes ago, lubi29 said:

Got my replacement on Saturday already, but sending it back again small dot on windscreen , I think somebody mention it here coin with same problem , probably they just swapping coin and send each others. With note on invoice additional items will be send shortly. 

IMG_20200706_165206549.jpg

That looks similar to the dot I had in the rifling. I'm appalled that no one QC these coins before sending them out. I can understand on a £65 50p but these cost close to £500!

Have you looked for small black dots with a hand lens?

25 minutes ago, lubi29 said:

Sorry to read this. Did you receive the coin in the leatherette box with no CoA or was this in the correct glossy box with CoA?

Cheers.

11 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Sorry to read this. Did you receive the coin in the leatherette box with no CoA or was this in the correct glossy box with CoA?

Cheers.

I suspect that the leather style box is cheaper (it certainly looks it). I'd guess that everything will come in it from now on. Fingers crossed they have a few leftovers of the old one.

4 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Cheers.

It was only leatherette box without CoA

4 hours ago, BrumChris said:

That looks similar to the dot I had in the rifling. I'm appalled that no one QC these coins before sending them out. I can understand on a £65 50p but these cost close to £500!

Have you looked for small black dots with a hand lens?

No didn't , will check tomorrow morning but that one spot was enough.

My replacement arrived today. Sadly in the new box.

Looks good to the naked eye, although there are a few very small black dots visible under a 10x loop. These predominately appear on the rim. I think all of these coins will have them to a greater or lesser degree and probably relate to the silver used or the minting process. If a few get graded it will interesting to see if there are any PF70. Perhaps the first batch minted pre-virus are better.

P_20200707_120450.jpg

Got mine, perhaps i'm being too picky... but there are two light brown spots in the frosting, one visible to the naked eye, the other under the loop, one or two very small black dots and two very light hairlines in the mirror section above the Aston. I ask myself would I accept a coin like this if bought in the second hand market and the answer is no I wouldn't  - so its going on its merry trip back to RM. I will think on it tonight if I bother asking for a replacement or just give up. I take some hope in the fact @CadmiumGreen and @AndrewSL76 have received good ones, that said it seems you may have a very rare coin indeed! 🤬😭

Apparently getting my 2oz Elton (silver) tomorrow, can't say I'm looking forward to that now - i may give up on RM silver proofs altogether if this is how it is.

27 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Got mine, perhaps i'm being too picky... but there are two light brown spots in the frosting, one visible to the naked eye, the other under the loop, one or two very small black dots and two very light hairlines in the mirror section above the Aston. I ask myself would I accept a coin like this if bought in the second hand market and the answer is no I wouldn't  - so its going on its merry trip back to RM. I will think on it tonight if I bother asking for a replacement or just give up. I take some hope in the fact @CadmiumGreen and @AndrewSL76 have received good ones, that said it seems you may have a very rare coin indeed! 🤬😭

Apparently getting my 2oz Elton (silver) tomorrow, can't say I'm looking forward to that now - i may give up on RM silver proofs altogether if this is how it is.

Yes, happy to say that the coin I received has nothing immediately obvious to the naked eye. Under a loupe it looks good too. I think I must be one of the lucky ones. I have however, still not had an update from the Mint re the new boxes and CoA. 

7 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Why do you say 'sadly in the new box'? Is this not a good thing? Presume you got a CoA this time, too?

I just meant that I prefer the old style 5oz box. Looks fancier. Still no CoA. 

Archived