• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

30 minutes ago, James32 said:
I was born in the Dublin street
Where the loyal drums do beat,
And the loving English feet walked all over us;
And every single night when me dad would come home tight,
He'd invite the neighbours out with this chorus:

" Come out you silver stackers ......  " 

41 minutes ago, James32 said:
I was born in the Dublin street
Where the loyal drums do beat,
And the loving English feet walked all over us;
And every single night when me dad would come home tight,
He'd invite the neighbours out with this chorus:

@James32 would sing that song , after he’s had 2 pints and his balls have grown , and thinks he’s che Guevara , I definitely don’t sing it , in fact the f kin pair of you  report to the Rex bar in the shankill rd , for a well deserved , and over due , community beating 😀👍

7 minutes ago, Skyfiller said:

Come and face me like a man

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

Come out and fight me like a man....but A for effort. 

Its everywhere tonight. Any one up for comparing broken trucks. I guarantee I have the worst.  

6 minutes ago, 9x883 said:

I wonder what Friday's data will bring? Close at £1750/1760?

I think the rise will be a little slower now, ive seen some forecasts have gold at 1820 by the end of june. I think this is realistic if rate cuts are kept to, and data is as expected.

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

2 hours ago, Upsidedown said:

I think the rise will be a little slower now, ive seen some forecasts have gold at 1820 by the end of june. I think this is realistic if rate cuts are kept to, and data is as expected.

There wont be no rate cuts and they have no credible data

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

34 minutes ago, Petra said:

🤔😮gold up! Take it that most of you celebrating are not selling and not buying😮🤔🤣

With stocks (VWRP/world) and gold up year to date by similar amounts, 50/50 target stock/gold weightings and adding to the most-down or drawing from the most-up ... would have you adding or withdrawing in around equal measures of stocks and gold. Time averaging in/out ... washes, sometimes you'll be buying (selling) at highs, or lows, unknown at the time, only with hindsight, but that broadly averages out.

9 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

The news of the UK being in recession is likely to have an impact. Watch this space. Gold for sale on the forum at spot or under is very good given this news. 

That's a lagged measure, by the time a official recession is flagged, it may already be over.

9 minutes ago, Bratnia said:

That's a lagged measure, by the time an official recession is flagged, it may already be over.

The news is specific to the period at the end of 2023. Like you say - a lag. However, we have seen in previous recessions that the news ant the point of release impacts the price given the reaction to the news as investments in gold are sought.