• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

5 minutes ago, sjhdesmond said:

I am pretty much in agreement so far but I just want to add - Education. If our schools did more than pay lip service to basic financial education then it would start to make a difference. Imagine if there was a common understanding that the buyer has as much power as the seller.

The government would never allow it. They need people at the bottom of the heap. The ill informed ill educated are required to serve the few. The government say they serve the many, infact they serve themselves and the few. And if does happen I will walk on my hands from lands end to john o' groats, no doubt I would be sweating like a glassblowers arris if it did! 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

28 minutes ago, James32 said:

When I say to the wife in the supermarket, do you notice the bag count is less but the bill is higher??? Her answer is "will we try another supermarket " 🤣🤣

Im not surprised - women are another dimension in themselves. I have rarely come across one that has brains (and believe me… its rare… really rare)

Edited by Minimalist

Here is my technical analysis

image.png.355da1015d7429892180ae3967b54a6d.png

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

15 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Im not surprised - women are another dimension in themselves. I have rarely come across one that has brains (and believe me… its rare… really rare)

🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

🤣🤣

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Welcome back £1200 weve missed you! 😁 @stefffana hasnt 😁

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Can't argue with that!

However, tomorrow there is a large economic data dump from the US, and if the news is bad, I wonder if precious metals will start rising again?

1 minute ago, Zhorro said:

Can't argue with that!

However, tomorrow there is a large economic data dump from the US, and if the news is bad, I wonder if precious metals will start rising again?

Then Jerome the Gnome will say meh lets print some money!

13 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

Can someone explain to me why Jerome brrrrrrrr Powell remaining as FED chair would be bearish for Gold?  🤓

I can offer an armchair observation the $ has strengthened so there is more about this than gold.  Powell represents stablity and I believe is considered more likely to start tapering than the other contender. 

1 minute ago, Martlet said:

I can offer an armchair observation the $ has strengthened so there is more about this than gold.  Powell represents stablity and I believe is considered more likely to start tapering than the other contender. 

If the $ has strengthened how come all other governments keep dumping it? Utter nonsense.

If Powell represents stability how is that inflation has rocketed and he attempting to conceal the true rate of inflation? 

8 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

If the $ has strengthened how come all other governments keep dumping it? Utter nonsense.

If Powell represents stability how is that inflation has rocketed and he attempting to conceal the true rate of inflation? 

Read the DXY chart that tracks actual trading, not what you want to believe is happening.  The market might be irrational, might be wrong, can't hide its been heading in a clear direction for months. 

3 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Read the DXY chart that tracks actual trading, not what you want to believe is happening.  The market might be irrational, might be wrong, can't hide its been heading in a clear direction for months. 

No it doesnt, the Fed controls the DXY charts. Wake up.

Just now, Martlet said:

Oh, of course.  Hide millions of exchange trades across the world and replace with their own feed.  Gotcha. 

Its a WGm by the Feds propaganda. The note is Federal Reserve note, by the Feds data which is highly manipulated and primary based on deception. Dont even deny it.

4 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Its a WGm by the Feds propaganda. The note is Federal Reserve note, by the Feds data which is highly manipulated and primary based on deception. Dont even deny it.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about now.  I was talking about the DXY, an index calculated from currecny exchange spot trading.  It goes up when traders sell currencies to buy $, it goes down when they sell $ to buy other currencies. Its a usful tool to determine worldwide sentiment on the strength of the $ in the market. 

18 minutes ago, Martlet said:

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about now.  I was talking about the DXY, an index calculated from currecny exchange spot trading.  It goes up when traders sell currencies to buy $, it goes down when they sell $ to buy other currencies. Its a usful tool to determine worldwide sentiment on the strength of the $ in the market. 

The perceived value/strength is predicated on data, im not attempting to deny that traders go in and out of the market on sentiment. Im telling you the data behind the futures are flawed to maintain an illusion.

3 hours ago, Minimalist said:

I've met and worked with many women with brains, in fact I'm married to one. However, it's the way they use those brains that is incomprehensible at times😉

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I don't think so

you sure still dropping?

image.png.8f64d5818ca95dc5624c43f237a92fed.png

34 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I've met and worked with many women with brains, in fact I'm married to one. However, it's the way they use those brains that is incomprehensible at times😉

You married a good one, Steve. I agree, incomprehensible is the appropriate word.

26 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

depends what you meant by 1200

I took it literally to mean exactly that, not into the 1200's

I dont think it will hit exactly 1200 but could make the 1200s? Mypoor old mate @stefffana would be having kittens and for every 100 it goes down hed have to give me another oz! Thats right isnt it mate @stefffana 😁