• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

12 minutes ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

Are they of any use for testing jewellery, chains,bracelets and rings etc?

That is the problem, they can not test jewellery unless in bar size at least 22ct.  Can not understand why they can not adapt the machine to test 9ct upwards

Never Chase and Never Regret 

1 minute ago, Spyder said:

That is the problem, they can not test jewellery unless in bar size at least 22ct.  Can not understand why they can not adapt the machine to test 9ct upwards

Backyard Bullion did a great video on YouTube I think he has done them all now.  All reviewers say that they are useless for Jewellery and you need an XRF machine.  These PMV need flat surfaces relatively clean.  They handle sovereigns great but throw a gold chain, rings and bracelets at it and it will shut itself down and go on strike.

Just now, Thelonerangershorse said:

Isn't 9ct really just silver contaminated with gold?

I was watching a Chards Video the the day trying to find out why my latest sovereign failed the PING COIN test🙄 and he was saying that usually the normal quantity of Silver is 0.4% but the old sovereigns can have as much as 0.25% and it can throw machine based testers off.  Anyway tested i with my new Sigma investor I got today and it passed.  Be Interesting to run it through an XRF though to see the read outs?

2 hours ago, Chronos said:

Expect More Inflation No Matter Who Wins The Election:

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/expect-more-inflation-no-matter-who-wins-election

There is always lag for it to feed into the general population. I expect inflation to kick up again, back towards 8% for the remainder of the year and into 2025. We might see some "normalisation" of around 3-4% in late 2025-2028. I can't see it dropping below that. And in all fairness the BoE and government need it at that level to eat into the debt pile and reduce the interest payments

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

3 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Isn't 9ct really just silver contaminated with gold?

No, it is copper with some gold added😂

Never Chase and Never Regret 

Market opening is going to be interesting tonight. 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

13 hours ago, Chronos said:

Expect More Inflation No Matter Who Wins The Election:

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/expect-more-inflation-no-matter-who-wins-election

Some hold bitcoins or suchlike, which I know relatively little about. Personally I hold McG's. McG's are my pet name and are simple enough, you open a "ewallet" such as a 212 or ii brokerage account and buy McG's, which for a British investor might be a 50/50 split of VMIG (a FTSE250 (MidCap) stock index accumulation fund) and Gold (which you may instead prefer to hold via gold coins/whatever). You'll have a regular cheque/bank account linked into that ewallet (brokerage account) and be able to transfer/exchange between (to/from) McG's and Pounds in order to pay for things in Pounds. More often I'll pay for things using my credit card and then at the end of the month sell enough McG's to pay off the credit card bill. If the gold value is higher than the stock value then sell some gold, otherwise sell some stock value (if saving then add new savings to the one that is the least value at the time).

Unlike Pounds that tend to buy less over time, with McG's they tend to buy more over time. Broadly prices of 'stuff' (priced in Pounds) has tended to decline at around a 6%/year rate (slope).

spacer.png

More inflation (higher prices) in Pounds can mean stuff becoming cheaper more quickly in McG's - perhaps something to celebrate.

5 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

I think you meant to post that over on the silver thread.

One doesn't associate with those kinds of folk, bartering their chickens and eggs for silver shiny or whatever they do over there 

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm someone who couldn't hold onto a penny in my 20s.

Gold has helped me achieve a nice six figure nest egg of comfort and security, whatever lies ahead

If it goes parabolic, would nice to be fiat millionaire £ 

This is kind of me too, except for the 6 figure part, I'm still stuck way down in the 5 figures

I used to waste my money on all sorts of c**p until I started buying metals a few years ago. Buying physical is the ultimate savings account

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative