• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereigns from Harrington & Byrne.

Wolves

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, kimchi said:

Despite telling them on the phone I wasn't interested in their proofs and only wanted any sort of notification of their yearly bullion deal I am getting junk mail every two or three days. I have decided to let it stack up until I have a postbox or two's worth and then send it all back individually (hopefully at their cost) marked 'return to sender' :)

Sending back ‘return to sender’ won’t cost them anything, Royal Mail don’t charge for that.

If you don’t want to receive any more just send one back marked ‘Gone away’.  They will think you have moved then and should stop sending them.

5 hours ago, Goldhooked said:

Sending back ‘return to sender’ won’t cost them anything, Royal Mail don’t charge for that.

If you don’t want to receive any more just send one back marked ‘Gone away’.  They will think you have moved then and should stop sending them.

It'll cost them time to bin it lol

6 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Take the nice, high quality reply paid envelope, stuff it with all your other junk mail, takeaway menus, ect, Then post it back.

I like your thinking! Not that I would ever consider such a thing of course :P

I wonder if the postage paid envelopes would cover junk, like an old fridge and sofa that...someone...might like to get rid of but not send to landfill...:ph34r:

5 hours ago, kimchi said:

Sounds a bit of a hassle, I know H&B love a 'once in a lifetime' offer though so I might sign them up for some mailing lists :)

"I went on a once in a lifetime holiday. I tell you what - never again" 

- Tim Vine

1 hour ago, Goldflinger said:

Snap today! If it's only your first, it certainly won't be your last. Here's my updated postcard collection - I've more postcards than coins.

My shredder'll need to go on a diet soon.

IMG_20190425_164048055.jpg

Something to look forward to then. The post man will soon know were I live as he is new.

7 hours ago, Goldflinger said:

Snap today! If it's only your first, it certainly won't be your last. Here's my updated postcard collection - I've more postcards than coins.

Lol isn't this a privacy concern? If these are postcards don't come in envelopes. 

8 hours ago, Goldflinger said:

Nice collection you have there, my girlfriend has been complaining about the wallpaper looking tired and drab in the living room for months, where do I signup?

3 hours ago, goldstacker94 said:

Lol isn't this a privacy concern? If these are postcards don't come in envelopes. 

These are just generic 'postcards' (blank on the reverse) they usually include in the envelope. 2 pages of bumph pumping the overpriced coin, then another page order form if you're daft enough, all on the fancy paper, and finally these little cards again with the 'great' offer. I collect all the little cards just to remind myself how much spam I've got to date, that's 13 wastes of paper now.

2 hours ago, Robjw said:

Nice collection you have there, my girlfriend has been complaining about the wallpaper looking tired and drab in the living room for months, where do I signup?

I might frame them up myself for a coin montage, or maybe just play a hand of snap when I get a full deck :P:lol:

Edit: I'm currently in talks to bring back an old gameshow

pycr1.jpg

pycr2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

A cease-and-desist letter to H&B did the trick and stopped the avalanche of junk mail.

I had one letter from H&B before my sovereigns arrived and I have had nothing since, that was months go! As to the capsules I'm not sure if they are branded Air Tites but I wouldn't mind more of them!

On 25/04/2019 at 16:50, Goldflinger said:

Has anyone thought of sticking these cards on ebay. I know there are plenty of philatelists who collects coins on stamps, so I assume there will be a few delitologists who collect coins on postcards. Might be a few quids worth there. :P 

On 25/04/2019 at 16:50, Goldflinger said:

If you get any duplicates in your card collection I would be interested we might be able to swop a few so that we both have a full set 😛

7 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

Has anyone thought of sticking these cards on ebay. I know there are plenty of philatelists who collects coins on stamps, so I assume there will be a few delitologists who collect coins on postcards. Might be a few quids worth there. :P 

6 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

If you get any duplicates in your card collection I would be interested we might be able to swop a few so that we both have a full set 😛

3 hours ago, Murph said:

And here’s me just throwing them away!  When we could be making our own trading card game called something like “Spam mail the gathering”.

A few more since for the collection (and they're the highly sought after front and back on black background 😛). It's just like Panini back in the day - got, got, need, got, need

thumbnail.jpg

20 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

Just bought some sovs from them, looking forward to my new postcard collection. 

Do we know how many are in the set?

:)

I've just got my official H&B album (and Pritt stick) from the newsagents. Needed a wheelbarrow to get it home though 🤣

h&b2.jpg

side.jpg

Archived