• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereigns from Harrington & Byrne.

Wolves

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

Brilliant!

What a great postman/postlady you have :)

I don't think postpeople are allowed to have genders these days (maybe I've been watching too much BBC?) :wacko:

Plus, how does he/she/it know it was YOUR chicken? I think you might be being watched myself :o

:ph34r:

5 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

I placed an order more than two weeks ago, and whilst my sovereigns arrived safe and sound, I have not received a single piece of junk mail. No enticing offers, no free postcards, nothing, nada, zilch.

I suppose I'm just not special enough to warrant being a favoured client.

Same here, I guess they checked my postcode and found out I live in a slum and obviously don't have the money for any of their premium goods! :angry:

1 hour ago, Fastnick said:

Brilliant!

What a great postman/postlady you have :)

My post girl signs for registered packages for me and puts them through my letter box. It works for me as I sleep at weird times and she doesn’t have to wait for me to answer the door.

11 minutes ago, Collectorharrison said:

That’s great. Has Anyone purchased from them before always dubious about first time buys. 

Thank you 

Run a search on the forum there are many threads on the topic

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

16 minutes ago, Collectorharrison said:

That’s great. Has Anyone purchased from them before always dubious about first time buys. 

Thank you 

Just as an FYI - they directors are the same guys that run The Jubilee Mint. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

13 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

With the way the gold price is going I may have to try and get some more Sovs from H&B this evening. 

Run a search for 224 on there site mate. Picked up a couple for £224 posted

23 minutes ago, Pipers said:

It states there is a limit to how many you can order to 3 sovs,  does that mean you can only order once or can you order every few weeks?

Want more wait until received your initial order and then order some more repeat the cycle until have as many as you like. Unsure if they have cotton onto people ordering more than three sovs and have closed the loophole but in the past allowed some of us (I have nine 2019 sovs from Harrington & Byrne) order more than the limit using the same account initially registered with.

1 hour ago, Downs523 said:

Have they really just sent these 1st class signed for and not special delivery? 

I kept the envelopes my previous orders came in and just checked there now. True enough, the last one was only 1st class signed for while the rest were special delivery. Never noticed before as it was the other half answered the door that last time. I'm not too keen on that - there were 2 sovs in that! Good job there were no issues.

The fact the return address is Bournemouth too just confirms what a few others have said too - they're effectively Jubilee Mint in Bournemouth just likely using a 'virtual office' in Mayfair for the prestige value of the fancy address.

I called them to enquire about the offer. The woman swiftly tried upselling to convince me to forget the offer altogether and go for their proof coins instead at double the price. She was really in hard sell mode too about how much better investments they are. If that's a taste of things to come if I buy from them, then I think I'll pass. I don't need a discount that badly. It came off very sleazy.

I tried to buy three more gold sovereigns a couple of days ago. Got an email yesterday saying that i wasn't allowed more than 3 of them and that i will be getting a refund.

The first time i bought these was about 3 weeks ago.

16 hours ago, Downs523 said:

Have they really just sent these 1st class signed for and not special delivery? 

20190515_170131.jpg

so in reply to my email of why they sent it 1st class recorded i got the following reply 

Hi Chris,

This it's quite simply due to the coins being bullions and being very easy to replace should anything happen in transit, unlike proof coins as you can hopefully apreciate.

You are lucky to have received these at all, as under our rules and regulations you are only allowed to buy three per houshold per year and have already acquired 6 as your second order slipped under the radar.

I hope this answers your question and wish you a nice day.

Warm regards,

Sascha

9 minutes ago, Downs523 said:

so in reply to my email of why they sent it 1st class recorded i got the following reply 

Hi Chris,

This it's quite simply due to the coins being bullions and being very easy to replace should anything happen in transit, unlike proof coins as you can hopefully apreciate.

You are lucky to have received these at all, as under our rules and regulations you are only allowed to buy three per houshold per year and have already acquired 6 as your second order slipped under the radar.

I hope this answers your question and wish you a nice day.

Warm regards,

Sascha

Don't call the wolf out of the woods, they are probably double checking orders from others now making sure they have not already had 3 :D

24 minutes ago, shawy2510 said:

Don't call the wolf out of the woods, they are probably double checking orders from others now making sure they have not already had 3 :D

I don't think that email is genuine myself, it says 'lucky' to be able to buy more Sovs with no personal insult to the poster for buying bullion, nor effort to upsell thousands of pounds worth of 'once in a lifetime' proofs :wacko:

:P

Archived