• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereigns from Harrington & Byrne.

Wolves

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been seriously mulling whether to jump on this or not. On the plus side it's looking like a fairly easy £10 profit per coin. On the downside it means that if one were to purchase by stretching one's credit then you've got your backside hanging out to the tune of more than half a grand, and then trying to get a quick turnaround on coins when the secondary market is likely to be flooded with offers from other folks who've taken the offer up 😕

Inevitable once people started taking the piss and talking about it.

The advantage players who got in early will have made their profit.

I would imagine their commercial return in terms of upselling overpriced coins will have taken a tumble recently and even they must have noticed all the people buying and then demanding to be taken off mailing lists.

It's a similar situation to bookmakers attracting new punters with special offers. If these newbies don't turn out to be a source of profit, they soon get knocked on the head. Any advantage players soon get restricted or banned.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Atkinsons said they can't price match the 1/4 Oz Brit but they have offered it for the price of purchasing 250+ or more so only about  £4 more then H&B price of £269.

Going with a more reputable company and pay £4 extra may be worth it.

Just had to order my 4th Sovereign from H&B via a close friend, as I was "rumbled" yesterday when I tried to get another one online via H&B's website......

6 minutes ago, Michal said:

Heh, rather 1st oprion. I remember they said in T&C that you have to write to them . I will send this letter from above, thank you.

They ignored my physical letter. Email them threatening ICO complaints and tell them not to contact you or pass your details on to anyone. 

I did this and haven't recieved any junk letters in months. Even after I bought 2 more sovereigns.

2 minutes ago, Fastnick said:

Shameful!!!

(reading The Mail on Sunday :o)

Nah not me mate I was just sorting out the morning papers putting the magazine's into the various different papers. (Sun, Sunday TImes, Mail on Sunday, etc)

Not a big fan of reading newspapers but I do like the Sunday times Business & Money section

6 hours ago, Tn21 said:

Ad from H&B on the back of the mail.on Sunday magazine 

Ooh what was this once in a lifetime offer? Amazing how they come around twice a week with this company!!! 🤣

1 minute ago, kimchi said:

Ooh what was this once in a lifetime offer? Amazing how they come around twice a week with this company!!! 🤣

Yh lol, it was for the sov for £224 if I remember correctly.

On 16/05/2019 at 13:38, Fastnick said:

I've just noticed that H&B are offering Quarter Ounce 2019 Britannias for £269:

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk/2019-united-kingdom-quarter-ounce-gold-uncirculated-britannia-coin-3074.html

Thanks... once my allocation of bullion sovereigns are filled, I'll work on this. It's a really good price, only £16 over spot. I like the colour and purity of the 24 carat gold. 

Archived