• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereigns from Harrington & Byrne.

Wolves

12 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Thanks... once my allocation of bullion sovereigns are filled, I'll work on this. It's a really good price, only £16 over spot. I like the colour and purity of the 24 carat gold. 

I might be missing something but I make that 6.5% over spot. That's not a mark up that gets my juices flowing....... :(

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

I might be missing something but I make that 6.5% over spot. That's not a mark up that gets my juices flowing....... :(

Sure... :) But can you perhaps point me to another dealer where one can get a new 2019 1/4 Britannia for cheaper? :) I don't think you'll easily find them for under £275.

https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/buy/quarter-gold-britannia

Have to pay delivery though from hattons! (And random year)

23 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Sure... :) But can you perhaps point me to another dealer where one can get a new 2019 1/4 Britannia for cheaper? :) I don't think you'll easily find them for under £275.

Always worth posting on the wanted board just before you pull the trigger, you never know right now someone might offer theirs closer to spot. 

3 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

I got my second H&B postcard today. I feel under appreciated, as I've only had two pieces of mail from them in 4 weeks. 

It's a horrible feeling isn't it, Stockholm Syndrome should be renamed :(

2 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

I got my second H&B postcard today. I feel under appreciated, as I've only had two pieces of mail from them in 4 weeks. 

Probably cut backs due to the cost of several people posting house bricks to them with their prepaid envelope attached to the front of the packages. 

32 minutes ago, RichRock said:

Probably cut backs due to the cost of several people posting house bricks to them with their prepaid envelope attached to the front of the packages. 

A brick? I got rid of two old printers, a fridge freezer and an old sofa :)

Council would have charged me £80 to collect that lot, plus I still have envelopes left!

On 14/05/2019 at 10:29, RichRock said:

Harrington were sending me junk mail every week. Sent email asking to desist, still kept coming. I then sent the following email advised by Information Commissioners Office, mail stopped immediately. FYI, Harrington outsource their junk mailing to a 3rd party, this may or may not be a concern, but for me I prefer privacy.

[ Your full name ]
[ Your full address ]

[ Today's date ]

Data Controller / Company Secretary
[ Organisation's full address ]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Notice under the Data Protection Act 1998 not to use my personal information for direct marketing

I, [ your full name ] of [ your full address ] require you to [ stop / not to begin ] processing personal information relating to me for direct marketing as soon as possible and in any event within 28 days of the date of this [ letter / e-mail ].

If you do not normally handle these requests for your organisation, please pass this [ letter / e-mail ] to your Data Protection Officer or the person who does.

Please note that if you do not comply with this notice, I can apply to the court for an order against you under Section 11 of the Data Protection Act.

Yours faithfully,

[ Your name ]

I also sent a cease-and-desist letter to Harrington & Byrne after being inundated with junk mail every week. It did the trick because H&B is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and have to comply with the request or risk legal action. Hearing the never-ending thud of their junk mail every week was driving me nuts. I was relieved when it stopped.

On 15/04/2019 at 20:32, Wolves said:

Just placed another order for two more sovereigns from Harrington & Byrne. Price still at £229 long may it last.  👍

Nice.

Funky question, but do they charge postage for 2 sovs?

1 hour ago, Serendipity said:

I also sent a cease-and-desist letter to Harrington & Byrne after being inundated with junk mail every week. It did the trick because H&B is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and have to comply with the request or risk legal action. Hearing the never-ending thud of their junk mail every week was driving me nuts. I was relieved when it stopped.

Can I get a "come and get me" letter to send to them, only two letters in a month is very disappointing. I'm trying to collect all their postcards.

;( 

On 16/05/2019 at 17:03, Fastnick said:

Just had to order my 4th Sovereign from H&B via a close friend, as I was "rumbled" yesterday when I tried to get another one online via H&B's website......

Time for a VPN?

I have absolutely no idea what a VPN is.......

but I'm sure that I need one....

.......and maybe H&B could even do me a "too-good-to-miss deal" on one :)

Archived