• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

SILVER DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please use this topic only for sharing deals from different dealers in the UK & Europe.

For discussion please use other topics on the forum OR feel free to create a topic if no topic exists. Please try to keep this deals topic here exclusive for sharing deals :) 

4 hours ago, SilverMaple said:

Unfortunately not CGT free, only silver and gold Britannias along with gold sovereigns are CGT free in the UK. 

Also other legal tender UK coins such as the lunar series or queens beasts etc would be CGT exempt as well. 

Edited by Melon

19 minutes ago, Melon said:

Also other legal tender UK coins such as the lunar series or queens beasts etc would be CGT exempt as well. 

You're correct, I didn't know this until you mentioned it!

Its a shame about the VAT on silver, it's ridiculous they charge it considering some coins are legal tender.

It puts UK bullion dealers at a huge disadvantage compared to bullion dealers in the EU where VAT is either lower or non existent on silver.

21 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Great price! Has anyone used this dealer before? 

me, I have purchased a couple of times and it is a a good dealer. Fast a well packaged. I don't know how much is the delivery price to UK but here in Germany is 9 euros. It is not too much expensive in comparison with other dealers in. Germany. 

15 hours ago, SilverMaple said:

@WotNxt They are restrikes based on historical coins.

https://coinweek.com/world-coins/the-east-india-company-coins/

The series were probably released to appeal to collectors as they trade at a slight premium compared to standard bullion issue coins.

Unfortunately not CGT free, only silver and gold Britannias along with gold sovereigns are CGT free in the UK. 

But CGT allowance is quite generous £12k+ so unless you had a massive stash you wanted to liquidate or silver goes to the moon, I wouldn't be too concerned about CGT.

If you did have a massive stash to liquidate you could 'CGT harvest' each year and sell up to the CG limit.

...The queens beats AND UK lunar coins are also deemed currency and are CGT free.

Also don’t forget your CGT allowance as I understand it applies to ALL your capital gains. Ie. If you sell your house and get CGT from that or Shares (outside an ISA) then you could easily burn up your CGT allowance in a year and if your into higher income bracket you can get burned if you have a big stack to sell off that is not a CGT free coin. #buybritish

Edited by Silverman2U

1 hour ago, Neilcollier said:

Hi are we still ordering from europeanmint ? Link seems to be closed and i cant find any other thread with information on it?

Cheers

Neil

BYB put the link in his sub-forum this time. Took me a while to find it as well 😛

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/33000-european-mint-group-order-despite-covid-it-is-open/

26 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

I was soo tempted! Still i manged to end up ordering a bunch of Brit's, price was too good to pass up!

best deal for the Brits going atm! they're out of the oriental boarders now which i don't have....

i got 4 tubes of 2020 brits from gold.co.uk  when they were £14.40 + vat about a month ago.

and got another 4 tubes from STG when they were £18 a coin.

do you use transferwise for fx when paying in euros. my standard bank offer a lousy rate of 1.05 atm. also i note delivery from this company is 20 euros to the UK. How many tubes do you generally buy at a time to soften the postage cost per ounce?

Edited by SilverMaple

16 minutes ago, SilverMaple said:

best deal for the Brits going atm! they're out of the oriental boarders now which i don't have....

i got 4 tubes of 2020 brits from gold.co.uk  when they were £14.40 + vat about a month ago.

and got another 4 tubes from STG when they were £18 a coin.

do you use transferwise for fx when paying in euros. my standard bank offer a lousy rate of 1.05 atm. also i note delivery from this company is 20 euros to the UK. How many tubes do you generally buy at the time to soften the postage cost per ounce?

Someone snapped up all the oriental's before i could get a tube also! Managed to get 5x single orientals and 2 x tubes of standard Brits. Are you sure it was a month and not three that you got that £14.40 price? I've not seen price's like that for a while 😅 And i just buy what i can to keep the postage looking fair, its not actually that bad was 30euro for my order which is £26.92.

Also i use my Revolt card's euro account giving 1.1069 currently! 

78av.gif

5 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Someone snapped up all the oriental's before i could get a tube also! Managed to get 5x single orientals and 2 x tubes of standard Brits. Are you sure it was a month and not three that you got that £14.40 price? I've not seen price's like that for a while 😅 And i just buy what i can to keep the postage looking fair, its not actually that bad was 30euro for my order which is £26.92.

Just checked I placed the order in April but it took a whole 6 weeks before I received them. With vat though it works out £17.28 a coin.

i need to look into this - revolt,  that is a fair rate! 

what are your thoughts on the Australian dragon bars? Is this something that you would consider stacking? 

2 hours ago, SilverDrum said:

This mix of 100oz from the link Kraittos shared is also a good deal if you just want ounce's! 100 Troy Oz @ £1768.68 - Spot £1,394.20, Premium £374.48%, 26.857 %

https://www.silber-werte.de/Anlagepaket-1-Kg-Feinsilber/en

They have all the time that kind of purchase with 100 oz or 50 random oz. Honestly I have never purchased that but sometimes they have prices completly out of the market (low I mean) in specific coins. so you could have something interesting.

21 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

I have resolut when I purchase in Royal mint and the rates are very very good without commission and what is better is that you can stack the currency and exchange when the rates goes down.

15 minutes ago, SilverMaple said:

Just checked I placed the order in April but it took a whole 6 weeks before I received them. With vat though it works out £17.28 a coin.

i need to look into this - revolt,  that is a fair rate! 

what are your thoughts on the Australian dragon bars? Is this something that you would consider stacking? 

There is the lowest price I found. It is around 21.5-22.5 euros and today it is 20.50 euros so it is not a bad price. I love the bar and it has a mintage so you get a really beautiful bar for a BU price with a mintage

1 hour ago, SilverDrum said:

I was soo tempted! Still i manged to end up ordering a bunch of Brit's, price was too good to pass up!

What was the total cost and estimated delivery time? 

Edited by Stacktastic

3 hours ago, Kraittos said:

There is the lowest price I found. It is around 21.5-22.5 euros and today it is 20.50 euros so it is not a bad price. I love the bar and it has a mintage so you get a really beautiful bar for a BU price with a mintage

Just ordered a tube of those dragon bars, I have heard theres some issue with quality control though; the sides are all often scratched up or the finish isn't good. Not usual for perth mint tbh!

I just ordered a fat 10oz falcon too from queens beast series, price seemed decent at 215 euros! 

17 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

What was the total cost and estimated delivery time? 

All postage, transfer fee's included(used transferwise in the end, better rate), it came to just short of £18.41 a coin 🙂 I've only just paid, so will update with delivery time, and arrival in due course!

78av.gif

@SilverDrum

That's just typical! I placed an order yesterday. I've noticed prices for coins tend to be higher on the weekend whilst the silver market is closed. I only managed to get one oriental yesterday, a tube of dragon bars and some fractional queens beasts. I wonder if you can just call them up to add things onto an order? don't fancy shelling out on postage again.