• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Back door delivery

silverdocket

I did it. Just a couple of Eagles tho. If anyone stopped me I was just gonna plead ignorant and put on some good old thick  English charm. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

Check your personal "gift" allowance and that of anyone travelling with you that would help.
Forget the price paid for your silver coins and use spot as true value and you will easily get a tube of Eagles past the authorities without having to declare anything.

You are allowed to bring in goods totalling £390 without VAT or Duty being applied. Over that you are obligated to declare it. Whether you do or not is up to you but obviously you are at risk if you don't and you wind up getting checked.

https://www.gov.uk/duty-free-goods/arrivals-from-outside-the-eu

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Check your personal "gift" allowance and that of anyone travelling with you that would help.
Forget the price paid for your silver coins and use spot as true value and you will easily get a tube of Eagles past the authorities without having to declare anything.

it wont be me bringing them in so i don't want them getting into trouble... if it was me no problem. something to look into. cheers

11 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

You are allowed to bring in goods totalling £390 without VAT or Duty being applied. Over that you are obligated to declare it. Whether you do or not is up to you but obviously you are at risk if you don't and you wind up getting checked.

brilliant they can bring 430 euro worth into Ireland

cheers

52 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

thank you I will going to the states in 2019 and would like to bring back some silver but I am unsure about the quantity allowed without declaration to customs.

20 minutes ago, vand said:

If it is govt issued bullion you can declare it at the face value of whatever the coinage is, rather than the silver value.

surely if that's the case then it would come under currency regulations and be vat exempt even in this country?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

17 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

surely if that's the case then it would come under currency regulations and be vat exempt even in this country?

In a Freedom of Information answer i just read the view of the pirates is

Coins worth more than their face value are rarely or never bought or imported as currency, that is, to spend, deposit, exchange and so on at their face value. Their supply or importation 
is, therefore, not treated as that of currency and VAT is generally due. 

One could argue that you did buy it to pay wages at the face value - the idea of having your company pay you in silver/gold coin at the face value. You get paid £4 which just happens to be in sovereigns. If they are saying the coins are legal tender then they can be used to settle a debt and if they say they can't they aren't legal tender. They want their cake and eat it.

Clearly if there is a family coming back from the US they all should be loaded up with the maximum allowance.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

6 hours ago, sixgun said:

In a Freedom of Information answer i just read the view of the pirates is

One could argue that you did buy it to pay wages at the face value - the idea of having your company pay you in silver/gold coin at the face value. You get paid £4 which just happens to be in sovereigns. If they are saying the coins are legal tender then they can be used to settle a debt and if they say they can't they aren't legal tender. They want their cake and eat it.

Clearly if there is a family coming back from the US they all should be loaded up with the maximum allowance.

Someone must have tried the £4 trick... I can imagine HMRC leaping on that.  My accountant is so timid I could imagine him actually fainting even if I just brought the subject up!

1 hour ago, Tingles said:

Someone must have tried the £4 trick... I can imagine HMRC leaping on that.  My accountant is so timid I could imagine him actually fainting even if I just brought the subject up!

Surely it wouldn’t work with the minimum wage in place.  You would have to be paying them £8 or 8 sovereigns an hour!!  I’d like that job please :D 

1 minute ago, Goldhooked said:

Surely it wouldn’t work with the minimum wage in place.  You would have to be paying them £8 or 8 sovereigns an hour!!  I’d like that job please :D 

I could manage 30mins a week.

I would imagine the only way the "face value" argument would fly would be if you are bringing in large amounts of "junk" silver that is still usable as legal tender. In Canada the pre 68 dimes and quarters were 80% silver and a few years earlier the US dimes and quarters were (I think) 90% silver. In Canada those coins haven't changed and the US dime hasn't changed - I'm not 100% sure about the quarter. This is why it is possible to do the old coin roll hunt as people who don't know still get and spend these coins that had silver in them. In theory it seems you could bring €10000 worth of those "junk" silver coins into the country. Whether you'd want to is another thing entirely 🤣

2 hours ago, Goldhooked said:

The only way I think it could possibly work is if you were getting paid in cash and "officially" getting the minimum wage for a job that warranted for example twice that. You would be paid the majority in real cash with the extra made up in sovereigns.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 hour ago, Finbinfin said:

There is one way... But it wouldn't be shiny anymore! 

Would be if you had an enema first and lubed them well with some KY, setup a fake website selling sovereign buttplugs, and when you get pulled aside refer them to that website ;)

4 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Would be if you had an enema first and lubed them well with some KY, setup a fake website selling sovereign buttplugs, and when you get pulled aside refer them to that website ;)

Sounds like you have thought this through 😜

23 minutes ago, StackinJack said:

I'm not really sure I want to, vids with such titles.. 😅

He's very sneaky, he uses clickbait titles like 'how to recharge your batteries', you click on it, and next thing you know you're watching a masked gentleman attach electrodes to his two veg in the middle of a thunderstorm :o

Archived