• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

Saw that.... It's considerably cheaper than the lynx for some reason. Another cracker of a coin though. 

That bull design is fooking gorgeous 😍 

Mankind’s two greatest enemies are the state and central banks - Jeff Berwick

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

Saw that.... It's considerably cheaper than the lynx for some reason. Another cracker of a coin though. 

I think it's because the lynx is a rarer coin now, plus the lynx had a mintage of 12000 the Toro has 15000. I didn't buy mine from emk though, got mine from the European mint

6 minutes ago, Dakaras said:

@BullionBuyerUK am I been thick? When I go to register I can find every country in world but UK?

Ha no your not. I think its the only country in German that's not easy to spot, you need to select Grossbritannien

Edited by BullionBuyerUK
Spelling

8 minutes ago, Dakaras said:

To be fair mate we now get to que longer and us Brits do love a que

That’s very true but not always. Have you seen the outrage on here when theres a Royal Mint queue?

You’ve got to put your tin hat on in that queue. 😆

4 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Have you seen the outrage on here when theres a Royal Mint queue?

Not at all, it's very British... form an orderly queue, and when you don't get what you want, give out (under your breath) about [Brexit, them'uns, foreigners] the reason you didn't get what you queued for.

1 hour ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

It a great looking coin, the next 1oz version is the bull or "toro". Due to be released soon, so I would guess that's the next 1/10 but won't be out till next year.

https://www.emk.com/en-us/IKSPA12272

Hey @BullionBuyerUK,

I see from your posts you said you had pre-ordered a Spanish coin from the emk website. 

Do you know if those 1oz gold bulls are OK to order right now? It says the release date was the 27th, and it also states "Coming Soon".

If an order was placed right now would it be deemed a pre-order, and the coin dispatch once they land in stock?

It doesn't mention much about current availability etc.

Any insights would be appreciated as you've ordered from their site already. Did you have to pay any import duty or other fees other than insured shipping?

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning - Henry Ford

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

53 minutes ago, jackflash123 said:

Hey @BullionBuyerUK,

I see from your posts you said you had pre-ordered a Spanish coin from the emk website. 

Do you know if those 1oz gold bulls are OK to order right now? It says the release date was the 27th, and it also states "Coming Soon".

If an order was placed right now would it be deemed a pre-order, and the coin dispatch once they land in stock?

It doesn't mention much about current availability etc.

Any insights would be appreciated as you've ordered from their site already. Did you have to pay any import duty or other fees other than insured shipping?

Hi @jackflash123 I've orded from emk coins before, and if ordering gold there is nothing to pay other then international shipping fees, if ordering silver, the carrier (FedEx/UPS) will contact you with a VAT bill that you have to pay before they will deliver your items. 

As regards the pre-order, I pre-ordered mine last week on the 20th, which was the original release date, I paid 216 euros for the 1/10 lynx coin, the price now is a bit higher, but I've paid for the item at the pre-order price, so sometimes you win and the price goes up after, sometimes you lose and the price goes down and you end up over paying. But once you pay, that is the final price.

So if you buy the bull coin now at the pre sale price, that is the final price you will end up paying.

As regards stock levels, you know as much as me, as I say original release date was last week, now it's been put back till the 27th, so I guess it will be put back another week, so you could wait a while until it's available for delivery 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by BullionBuyerUK
Spelling

3 minutes ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

Hi @jackflash123 I've orded from emk coins before, and if ordering gold there is nothing to pay other then international shipping fees, if ordering silver, the carrier (FedEx/UPS) will contact you with a VAT that you have to pay before they will deliver your items. 

As regards the pre-order, I pre-ordered mine last week on the 20th, which was the original release date, I paid 216 euros for the 1/10 lynx coin, the price now is a bit higher, but I've paid for the item at the pre-order price, so sometimes you win and the price goes up after, sometimes you lose and the price goes down and you end up over paying. But once you pay, that is the final price.

So if you buy the bull coin now at the pre sale price, that is the final price you will end up paying.

Thanks @BullionBuyerUK, I wanted to check that if I placed an order for the bull, then it would count as a pre-order amd be delivered ince in stock.

It doesn't actually say pre-order on the page, it just states coming soon. I know it's late past the release date from reading the comments in this thread, so I wasn't sure if all the coins had already been purchased or not.

I understand that the price can change after placing an order as the spot price fluctuates, or demand increases or whatever, it was just the fact of knowing if it was OK to order or not.

It sounds like if I place an order then it will be dispatched as soon as it comes into stock. Am I right in thinking that?

Cheers 👍

1 minute ago, jackflash123 said:

Thanks @BullionBuyerUK, I wanted to check that if I placed an order for the bull, then it would count as a pre-order amd be delivered ince in stock.

It doesn't actually say pre-order on the page, it just states coming soon. I know it's late past the release date from reading the comments in this thread, so I wasn't sure if all the coins had already been purchased or not.

I understand that the price can change after placing an order as the spot price fluctuates, or demand increases or whatever, it was just the fact of knowing if it was OK to order or not.

It sounds like if I place an order then it will be dispatched as soon as it comes into stock. Am I right in thinking that?

Cheers 👍

Yep, it does say dispatch date is 10-14 after they get the coin. 

If you click on the menu button, there are coins listed under pre sale, some have the ability to be bought now, and some don't. The bull and both sizes for the lynx can be bought now

2 minutes ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

Yep, it does say dispatch date is 10-14 after they get the coin. 

If you click on the menu button, there are coins listed under pre sale, some have the ability to be bought now, and some don't. The bull and both sizes for the lynx can be bought now

Ahh I didn't see those options, maybe cos I'm looking on my mobile. Cheers @BullionBuyerUK. Will try with my tablet and hopefully I will see those options.

Thanks very much for your replies, much appreciated 👍 

Loved that lynx when it first appeared in the upcoming/new release section ages ago. Couldn't commit to the 1oz but had to jump on your bandwagon when I saw the 1/10 was available. Just ordered 3👊. Will look at bull when funds allow. Thanks for the heads up guys, I would never have ventured to emk without this thread👍 @BullionBuyerUK, @jackflash123, @Mtaybar and @Dakaras

Edited by FFposh

27 minutes ago, FFposh said:

Loved that lynx when it first appeared in the upcoming/new release section ages ago. Couldn't commit to the 1oz but had to jump on your bandwagon when I saw the 1/10 was available. Just ordered 3👊. Will look at bull when funds allow. Thanks for the heads up guys, I would never have ventured to emk without this thread👍 @BullionBuyerUK, @jackflash123, @Mtaybar and @Dakaras

Btw, @Mtaybar, is your private message inbox full, I was trying to contact you but you apparently cannot receive messages🤷

Edited by FFposh

25 minutes ago, FFposh said:

Btw, @Mtaybar, is your private message inbox full, I was trying to contact you but you apparently cannot receive messages🤷

Don't worry mate, I answered the question that I was going to ask you re shipping costs for one lynx rather than three. I made a dummy order for something else and the shipping was less for my three lynx. Must be value/insurance relative shipping costs. 

And they have the 22 Elephant massively cheaper than Atkinson's even with shipping. Have e mailed emk to see if they can add the elephant for relatively little difference in shipping. Shame I didn't think to look before I completed the order🤷🤷

Cheers👍

Edited by FFposh