• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

4 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

What do you mean next week? They were already pre-sold on FB!

Never had Facebook in my life.

2 minutes ago, theman73 said:

What a successful campaign for the real silver stackers...

Explain please 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Explain please 

Classic Bolognese

Ingredients:

1 tbsp olive oil

1 onion, finely chopped

1 carrot, finely chopped

1 celery stalk, finely chopped

2-3 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 lb ground beef

1/2 lb ground pork (or veal)

1/2 cup dry red wine

1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes

1 cup beef broth (or chicken broth)

1 tbsp tomato paste

1 tsp dried oregano

1/2 tsp dried thyme

1 bay leaf

Salt and pepper to taste

1/4 cup heavy cream (optional)

Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

Just now, theman73 said:

Classic Bolognese

Ingredients:

1 tbsp olive oil

1 onion, finely chopped

1 carrot, finely chopped

1 celery stalk, finely chopped

2-3 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 lb ground beef

1/2 lb ground pork (or veal)

1/2 cup dry red wine

1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes

1 cup beef broth (or chicken broth)

1 tbsp tomato paste

1 tsp dried oregano

1/2 tsp dried thyme

1 bay leaf

Salt and pepper to taste

1/4 cup heavy cream (optional)

Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving

Don't do drug's kids.

1 hour ago, bilko said:

couple of bits, 1902 proof half sovereign and a silver 4 leaf clover a 1st buy for me from crown cast silver

IMG_6531.jpg

IMG_6532.jpg

IMG_6534.jpg

IMG_6535.jpg

🤔nice … how big is the clover, weight and approx size?🤔

6 minutes ago, NGMD said:

Some pick ups.

2017 Sovereign Proofs

2024 Perth Mint 1oz Silver High Relief Dragon

2024 Perth Mint 1oz Lunar Yellow Silver Dragons

2024 Perth Mint Melbourne Expo 1/4oz Silver

2022 MS70 Memorial 5 Sovereign.

2022 PF70UC Piedfort Jubilee Sovereign

Christopher Ward C1 Bel Canto Timepiece.

IMG_7186.jpeg

IMG_7137.jpeg

IMG_7115.jpeg

Bought in the dip, amazing 👏👏👏👏

1 minute ago, 9x883 said:

Bought in the dip, amazing 👏👏👏👏

Yeah……..not really🤷‍♂️. A bit of trade and cash to get my first 5. Just things I like😁

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

1 minute ago, NGMD said:

Yeah……..not really🤷‍♂️. A bit of trade and cash to get my first 5. Just things I like😁

First 70 too I hear? 😆 

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

First 70 too I hear? 😆 

I can honestly say I see, and feel the appeal of a 5 sovereign now. It’s worth saving the pennies and buying quality over quantity. Who am I kidding😁, bring out the Silver!

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

1 hour ago, Dankanugget said:

Does anyone know a good LMU coin to buy and keep that's actually a special monarch or year?

The 1815 Maria Luigia di Parma 40 Lire coin.  She was Napoleon's ex after Josephine and the coin is quite spectacular.  Mintage on the 40 franc is much larger than the 20 franc, so paradoxically it tends to be cheaper.  1815 because it was only minted a few times and the 1815 mintage is the first and by far the biggest at about 220,000.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces21515.html

If you don't mind straying off the LMU, a young portrait Wilhelmina 10 Gulden perhaps

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces37612.html

Some of the earlier French 20 franc designs such as the Ceres

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces8003.html

European gold coins are a deep, deep rabbit hole and, unfortunately, they don't seem to be anywhere as well documented as sovereigns, at least not in any media accessible to googlebot.

Here are a couple of books on the subject.  They're pretty broad, with a fairly comprehensive treatment of their subject matter, but they tend to be shallow, with only some basic statistics on mintages and no real history.

Schlumberger, European Gold Coins Guide Book - https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/european-gold-coins-guide-book_hans-schlumberger/1045234/item/44932759/#edition=58389805&idiq=44932759

Friedburg & Friedburg - Gold Coins of the World - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112977903350

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

5 hours ago, Petra said:

🤔nice … how big is the clover, weight and approx size?🤔

2 oz thats it on top of the apple logo from my MacBook for size comparison :)

1 hour ago, Silverlocks said:

The 1815 Maria Luigia di Parma 40 Lire coin.  She was Napoleon's ex after Josephine and the coin is quite spectacular.  Mintage on the 40 franc is much larger than the 20 franc, so paradoxically it tends to be cheaper.  1815 because it was only minted a few times and the 1815 mintage is the first and by far the biggest at about 220,000.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces21515.html

If you don't mind straying off the LMU, a young portrait Wilhelmina 10 Gulden perhaps

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces37612.html

Some of the earlier French 20 franc designs such as the Ceres

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces8003.html

European gold coins are a deep, deep rabbit hole and, unfortunately, they don't seem to be anywhere as well documented as sovereigns, at least not in any media accessible to googlebot.

Here are a couple of books on the subject.  They're pretty broad, with a fairly comprehensive treatment of their subject matter, but they tend to be shallow, with only some basic statistics on mintages and no real history.

Schlumberger, European Gold Coins Guide Book - https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/european-gold-coins-guide-book_hans-schlumberger/1045234/item/44932759/#edition=58389805&idiq=44932759

Friedburg & Friedburg - Gold Coins of the World - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112977903350

Many thanks. I had a ten franc Ceres and still have a twenty franc angel.

1 minute ago, Dankanugget said:

Also I had an older Willamena but never seen the younger portrait.... thanks 

38 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

I've got a few LMU coins - a few Roosters and Vrenellis and a Belgian and Italian coin, plus a few others.  

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

7 hours ago, Silverlocks said:

I've got a few LMU coins - a few Roosters and Vrenellis and a Belgian and Italian coin, plus a few others.  

Belgium francs look nice 

1 hour ago, Dankanugget said:

Belgium francs look nice 

Yes, the mantle design in the reverse is nice.

2 hours ago, 0laf5on said:

1 for display case, 9 go to the dungeon (or boat).

20240302_115746.jpg

I've got to wait for my tubes, atkinsons run out of the 10 coin tubes

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

23 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Call me selfish, but I'd rather secure my refund first 🤣

You got the refund yet because I’m sure we would like to hear the full unfiltered story? You’d not be happy selling that as bullion and the pitchforks are at the ready.
I believe someone has a PF70UC for sell. Yeah….meeeee.

-Royal Mint 2024