• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

what was your first silver buy

On 30/04/2024 at 12:43, CultureOfCurrency said:

First order had a silver buffalo that I gave away whenever I got monetized on YT (very sentimental lol). First premium was the Puffin of Alderney coin! I have documented all of my purchases on YT! Such a fun journey!

Don’t remember the 1st, but the last was the 2018 Eagle, from your part of the world in Beaumont, Texas, whilst on a ‘shooting visit!’ 
Now, it’s all about Gold for me, but recognise that Silver, despite the difference in value, enables the collector to get the latest designs for a fraction of the price. Photo shows all my ‘keepsakes’…..

IMG_0426.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

Don’t remember the 1st, but the last was the 2018 Eagle, from your part of the world in Beaumont, Texas, whilst on a ‘shooting visit!’ 
Now, it’s all about Gold for me, but recognise that Silver, despite the difference in value, enables the collector to get the latest designs for a fraction of the price. Photo shows all my ‘keepsakes’…..

IMG_0426.jpeg

🤔nice looking selection 🤔

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My first buy was at the ATH in 2011, 2 100oz bard for $9600. I had just cashed out a 50k 401k that was invested in the banking sector and had lost more than half. This was the start of a 12 year obsession to bring down my average and re-evaluate my financial decisions. Since that time I started two businesses, invest mostly in them and a small amount in index funds. Now I am sitting at an average of $15/oz mostly from buying collections during covid near the $13 mark.

It appears I never gave a serious answer to this! 

Physical in your hands possession - 50oz Silver Brits from Chards in 2020. 
Prior to that was silver in BullionVault in 2014/2015.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

My first silver buy was a 10oz Johnson Matthey bar bought with money scrimped and saved from birthday presents and earned by mowing my neighbors' lawns when I was young.  I still remember the coin shop I bought it from.  It was owned by a real nasty dude (ex-cop) who always wore a pistol on his hip and the shop had a double entry door with iron bars that made it look and feel like entering a prison.

The complete set of Tuvalu Marvel 1oz series of silver coins. The first 6 in the series as a bundle. Back in 2019. I really liked the designs and they reminded me of my childhood when I use to watch the original cartoon series. Shortly after that I focused on silver britannias for silver coins.

Posted (edited)

My 1st silver coin was a Morgan Dollar 1887 (Which I still have)  Went into my local coin shop in 2012 to see what gold coins he had, saw it and thought of those classic Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns and banging it down on the bar ''whisky bartender'' and payed £20.  Will add a photo next time I get to it. 

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2024 at 22:20, Spyder said:

My 1st silver coin was a Morgan Dollar 1887 (Which I still have)  Went into my local coin shop in 2012 to see what gold coins he had, saw it and thought of those classic Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns and banging it down on the bar ''whisky bartender'' and payed £20.  Will add a photo next time I get to it. 

There is a little flat spot to edge Liberty side right hand side. Could have been banged on the bar with this edge.

1887 Morgan Dollar 1.jpg

1887 Morgan Dollar 2.jpg

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret