• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NEW St. George and the Dragon coin with Garter inscription

4 minutes ago, Olivard said:

Put it on ebay and sell it at ten times the price as a unique novelty. 🤣

That would be a crazy thing to do. Buy high sell low( or make it worthless) is the motto. Profit? Not on my watch.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

2 minutes ago, SiCole said:

I will give you spot for it before that out of love

You’ve got your own to make your Mr T pendant.

No you haven’t, I talked you out of it😁

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

14 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Tell me this is not one of the sexiest golds to come out of the RM in years?  Just look at it, it's stunning.  

The 10oz silver is going to be very interesting if the raised edge lettering is in scale with the coin 

image.thumb.png.24e871b4f9b5da26cb4b605d027413f4.png

image.thumb.png.41b7df00df215dd567cb41c1854f6798.png

Hi Dave. I think you’ve taken my comments out of context. I wasn’t implying that this release is from a “Not So Great Engraver”. I was responding to tpcob303’s post wherein he stated “No more after this release for GE I expect”. I merely suggested a Not So Great Engraver series as a follow up, purely because the RM is flogging the music legends series to death and could do so again with the Great Engravers series.

Perhaps you meant to quote tpcob’s own lengthy follow up comments after my own one?

Edited by GoodAsGold

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

7 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

Hi Dave. I think you’ve taken my comments out of context. I wasn’t implying that this release is from a “Not So Great Engraver”. I was responding to tpcob303’s post wherein he stated “No more after this release for GE I expect”. I merely suggested a Not So Great Engraver series as a follow up, purely because the RM is flogging the music legends series to death and could do so again with the Great Engravers series.

Perhaps you meant to quote tpcob’s own lengthy follow up comments after my own one?

Sorry I had to write at length my brain goes into over drive with ideas and opinions. Can make for difficult reading for some and get told I write too much. 

A not so great engravers is an unknown of course just not sure what they would bring to the table. Maybe a 1960 crown Quartered Arms or 1937 wreath crown perhaps.

Also does anyone know what the WWP initials on the buckle stand for that they apparently left out other times they used the garter belt.

14 hours ago, Zhorro said:

A cupronickel version could also encourage new collectors to come in, and who in future could move on to silver or gold coins.

Exactly how that particular bug started on me in 2016. Never bought another car since!

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

9 hours ago, Allgoldcoins said:

I wonder what people think these coins will sell for once the fuss dies down?

2oz silver ?

5oz silver ?

10 oz silver ?

2 oz gold ?

I be honest and say after watching this series from the start, I don't have a clue 😀

After the intial interest have a feeling you going to make a loss on the silver ones in the long terms.

What if the RM made a copy of the ancient Athena Owl Tetradrachm in proof 2oz, 5oz and 10z and charging them at the price of the original in top grade, these would be only worth little over spot value eventually.

For £275 I can pick up a historical 1818 Crown at EF grade. Commercially these homage or replica pieces albeit larger don't come near to having the same market appeal as the original coins so it is something to consider. The gold one is an enigma and may hold a different fascination.

45 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I was talked out of buying the gold Una and the Lion by someone with  comments like this ⬆️.   Now I trust my gut and vote with my cash......Thank god I started listening to myself   I'm far richer now.  

The market is big enough for people to buy what they want.  

The original Una and the Lion or the Three Graces are commorative pieces not made for general circulation. The replicas in the GE series share something with the original in that sense I guess. The original Gothic Crown however is a circulation piece and you probably know how the GE replicas is doing, that it will never come close to equalling the value of the historical original.

1 minute ago, Taikonaut said:

The original Una and the Lion or the Three Graces are commorative pieces not made for general circulation. The replicas in the GE series share something with the original in that sense I guess. The original Gothic Crown however is a circulation piece and you probably know how the GE replicas is doing, that it will never come close to equalling the value of the historical original.

Like I said the market is big enough to keep everyone happy.........   And if it's clearly not for you then don't worry about it.   Did you not fancy the gold?  

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I was talked out of buying the gold Una and the Lion by someone with  comments like this ⬆️.   Now I trust my gut and vote with my cash......Thank god I started listening to myself   I'm far richer now.  

The market is big enough for people to buy what they want.  

All I thought was I was paying £2000oz for gold when the Una and lion launched at £3995 RRP that's a bit dear, but it looks quite nice. Learnt a fair bit since then 

I have not seen it mentioned yet but the email I had from my Royal mint account manager mentions some bigger sizes in gold mintages 

2oz gold LEP 195

1kg gold LEP 5 

As were shown on web site 

There is also 2kg gold mintage 2  £176,850

And lastly

5kg gold mintage just 1  £437,150

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

I have not seen it mentioned yet but the email I had from my Royal mint account manager mentions some bigger sizes in gold mintages 

2oz gold LEP 195

1kg gold LEP 5 

As were shown on web site 

There is also 2kg gold mintage 2  £176,850

And lastly

5kg gold mintage just 1  £437,150

The LEP for  the 2oz is spot on.    

42 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Like I said the market is big enough to keep everyone happy.........   And if it's clearly not for you then don't worry about it.   Did you not fancy the gold?  

I always fancy the gold. The Pistrucci gold 2oz is the only one of that release I would risk if I was in it for profit.

12 minutes ago, 9x883 said:

Whatever happened to just enjoying the coins you buy? 🤷‍♂️

For me this is my biggest hedge,  buy what I like and a few extra, if the market takes off sell a few extra and it offsets what I hold in my collection.

For me everything has its price, but for this coin I’d need a substantial gain to even want to part with the gold, it looks stunning. 

If I wake up one day and it’s done an Una……then all the better. 

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

For me this is my biggest hedge,  buy what I like and a few extra, if the market takes off sell a few extra and it offsets what I hold in my collection.

For me everything has its price, but for this coin I’d need a substantial gain to even want to part with the gold, it looks stunning. 

If I wake up one day and it’s done an Una……then all the better. 

Master plan 💖👌

Imo always buy coins you like, not as a gamble, especially when they are high value coins.

So even if you just break even when the time comes to sell, at least you will have had the enjoyment of having owned it in your collection for however long you did.

If it makes a profit, great.

If not, you won’t have lost anything, hopefully.