• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

EBay sales be warned

To cut a long story short…

I sold a batch of gram gold bars on eBay a few weeks ago.
The buyer has never contacted me to return the bars and after 14 days of the delivery date, I received an email from eBay to say the buyer has opened up a dispute case under.. Buyer doesn’t recognise the transaction!

The situation I am in now is I owe the seller nearly £500 (if I lose the case ).

I have taken all sales down now because I’m sure eBay will hold payments to me until they bank the amount I may have to pay out.(not sure)
The dispute case takes between 2 to 8 weeks…

I have not received any of the 1g bars back and will be out of pocket both ways if eBay side with him.

I have sent eBay proof of delivery and this is where I think it gets pretty strange..

My package on the Royal Mail photo proof is hidden under another package and looks to me the photo was taken in a front room, on the arm of a chair. I have never had a postie come in my house to take photos of packages, this is usually taken place on the doorstep.

Just be warned.. eBay have control of your 💰 if you come across a tosser 😂

IMG_3512.thumb.jpeg.ac4e670a9bd63aef9719184595a510c8.jpeg

WEB:  http://www.riverbanksilver.com/     INSTAGRAM @riverbanksilver

That's a **** move from a buyer, I had this happen to me luckily with a low value mobile phone. Posting with traceability for eBay support is a must, really. I hope this gets resolved quickly for you, and the buyer gets some comeback against their account.

Best of luck with this, hopefully you will get a decision in your favour.

I stopped selling anything of value on eBay after my brother in law sold a games console and some games (all in perfect order) and the “buyer” decided they wanted to return it because it was “broken” when it arrived back it was smashed to pieces, looked like it had been hit with a lump hammer.

Ebay refunded the “buyer” and then spent 12 months chasing my brother in law for the money, Another seller had left feedback saying this person was a thief and they had swapped out a Hard drive from a games console and they had reported them to the police, of course the feedback was “positive” because sellers can’t leave negative feedback for buyers anymore to warn other people!

• 1 month later...

Just had a read of this. 

Really bad on eBay's part. Clearly the guy is a thief. 

I've stopped with eBay for the rest of the year I think, this time of year brings out all the idiots and I can't be bothered with it. 

I've sold all year on eBay with no problems, in the last week I had 2 cases opened against me by buyers. 

Both never contacted me before they opened cases, just straight to eBay resolutions. 

I keep all my post office receipts and pictures of the packages before I send them too. 

Both the cases are now closed as one had been delivered to the wrong number (not my fault). 

One was left with a neighbour for 2 weeks (not my fault).

I can't be bothered with the hassle right now for making a couple of quid here and there. 

Hope you get it all sorted out soon, I'm having a moan about eBay but at least they are not holding money from me, from a blatant thief. 

10 hours ago, RiverbankSilver said:

Just a quick update..

9 weeks later… EBay are still holding my money..

The buyer has still got 8g of gold for free and never returned a thing..

The dispute goes on….

This is utterly disgraceful from eBay.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Just now, RiverbankSilver said:

Well 9 weeks later and the customers bank has sided with the buyer. He is allowed to keep the money claimed back from eBay and also ran off with 8g of gold 🙃 

Luckily I was protected through eBay selling protection and have been returned all money they were holding 😅😓

IMG_3952.thumb.jpeg.9c3256d3d64537974a28214e850c3743.jpeg

Glad you got a positive outcome, although that won't cover lost time/stress. It's no wonder ebay fees are so high if this is their expert outcome. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Glad you got a positive outcome, although that won't cover lost time/stress. It's no wonder ebay fees are so high if this is their expert outcome. 

Sickening mate, it’ll be a while before I feel confident to sell on there again 

WEB:  http://www.riverbanksilver.com/     INSTAGRAM @riverbanksilver

I am glad you got your money back, but this is not good enough that a thief gets to keep everything.  

It is happening a little too often. 

I think the only safe thing to sell there now is jewellery with a value higher than £500 as you will automatically be protected as you be posting to ebay authentication agent and not directly to the buyer.  

Don't let it get you down as there still are many honest buyers there.  

Never Chase and Never Regret