• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Experiment to settle £1020 bank debt costing only £850 - Sealed £20 and £100 silver legal tender coins bundle, plus bonus

24 minutes ago, Blacksmith876 said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but can't you cash these in at the Bank for either cash or to add to your balance?

Unfortunately not. Bank will not accept them. 

1 hour ago, Blacksmith876 said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but can't you cash these in at the Bank for either cash or to add to your balance?

57 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Unfortunately not. Bank will not accept them. 

Wait a minute!

I think can be settled any debts according the law, so a 1000 pounds debt at bank can be probably settled using them and the bank can not sue you for failing to repay!

I am not 100% sure, but any thoughts are welcomed.

Edited by stefffana

25 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

I have a story I am inclined to believe from someone I work with, for the purpose of this story my colleagues friend will be called MR X (disclaimer this story is a few years old)

So. Once upon a time there was a man called MR X who spent his time scooping up legal tender coins on eBay and the like at below face value, by all accounts over a period of some time MR X had amassed quite a hoard of these coins. MR X banked with Barclays and had a Barclay Card. Every month MR X would go into his local branch of Barclays and attempt to settle his credit card account with legal tender coins such as listed here. Every month the Bank teller resisted MR Xs attempt to settle his debt with said legal tender coins. Every month X insisted on seeing the "Manager" and every month MR Xs account was settled.

The End

Beautiful story, thank you for sharing!😘

I totally understand the reluctance in buying a £850 bunch of coins without knowing if it will work or not to settle bank debts. If I would have a credit card or a bank overdraft, I would tried to use myself.

If an established member with good trading history would like to give a try to pay his debts to a bank, I can send the coins and wait up to 14 days for payment or return, depending if the experiment will have positive or negative result. 

This will be beneficial for all of us, to know for future and to understand better the concept of legal tender coins.

Please, comment your interest on the thread.

Don't be shy, have a try!🤗

• stefffana changed the title to Experiment to settle £1020 bank debt costing only £850 - Sealed £20 and £100 silver legal tender coins bundle, plus bonus
1 minute ago, ArgentSmith said:

Someone with big balls 

That Is certainly not @stefffana judging by his antics this weekend!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Unfortunately this probably won't work. I remember a story in the papers about a guy doing this at HSBC for a while some years ago. Buying from the mint using his HSBC card, getting cashback then paying them in at his local branch.  Eventually they worked out what he was doing and refused him further service and he was left with a huge amount of coins. 

There is also a guy on youtube who goes around petrol stations, supermarkets etc using these coins. It has worked a couple of times but mostly not. That might be your best chance lol.

It might work if presented to the right person in the bank, ie someone who has a personal interest in coinage and/or silver and who might accept them on the basis that he/she keeps them himself and pays the agreed amount into the debted account.  Long shot however, and I suspect it's more likely that the experiment will not work as people with an interest in such things are very much a minority group, and we all know the reputation of banks and bankers don't we...

Edited by flyingveepixie

52 minutes ago, James32 said:

I’d love to but my b@lls shrivelled to the size of garden peas when I looked at my bank balance 😂

4 minutes ago, AddictedtoPreciousMetals said:

I’d love to but my b@lls shrivelled to the size of garden peas when I looked at my bank balance 😂

It is free trial, so risk free for you!

You can win a free £170 (1/10th of gold equivalent) if your bank will accept the payment or to lose £8 the returning costs.😊

Edited by stefffana

12 minutes ago, stefffana said:

It is free trial, so risk free for you!

You can win a free £170 (1/10th of gold equivalent) if your bank will accept the payment or to lose £8 the returning costs.😊

If they accept them at gun point does that still count as a win? Asking for a friend 👀😂

The problem you have with this experiment is that who ever presents these coins to pay any debt would have to remove from packaging. If it fails, you will be returned coins un packaged which will be harder to resell.  These could be good to pay a parking fine

Never Chase and Never Regret