• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best (cheapest) place for womens real gold jewelry?

Dom

Ok so basically I'm wanting to buy some real gold earrings for my gf but just wondering if there's anywhere I can go that charges close to bullion price rather than over inflated Warren James or H.Samuel prices. I'm tight and want as close to bullion price as possible 🤣.

23 minutes ago, Dom said:

Ok so basically I'm wanting to buy some real gold earrings for my gf but just wondering if there's anywhere I can go that charges close to bullion price rather than over inflated Warren James or H.Samuel prices. I'm tight and want as close to bullion price as possible 🤣.

Easier just to get a new gf 🤣

13 hours ago, Dom said:

Definitely secondhand, I only buy pre owned jewellery, often from small ‘kiosk’ type jewellers. It is often far better quality than new 🌞

Coins are not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. (Joseph Campbell).

The markup on jewellery is bonkers,  even before I got into PM's I just got jewellery made for my wife.  its a nicer more personal experience for her (woman love pondering for hours what to buy)   So just get your hands on 2 stones you can buy certified stones if you need   Gift them to her  and then get a jeweller to mount them in a gold/white gold or platinum setting.   It's not as expensive as this sounds.   Going back 10-12 years now it was only £650 for the jeweller to make a platinum shank for the wife's ring......and of all place who did this was H.M Samuels!    

Other local jewellery shops have made neckless and bangles and they were not as expensive as buying one off the shelf.  

If you are cute about this you can turn it into 2 presents, one the stones and then for Christmas (lets be honest it will take here that long to decide)  you get them set for Christmas   A 100% personal one-off present thats got to keep you in the good books for a few years!   

.......If you need any more tips to keep her in-doors happy just ask 🤣

9 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The markup on jewellery is bonkers,  even before I got into PM's I just got jewellery made for my wife.  its a nicer more personal experience for her (woman love pondering for hours what to buy)   So just get your hands on 2 stones you can buy certified stones if you need   Gift them to her  and then get a jeweller to mount them in a gold/white gold or platinum setting.   It's not as expensive as this sounds.   Going back 10-12 years now it was only £650 for the jeweller to make a platinum shank for the wife's ring......and of all place who did this was H.M Samuels!    

Other local jewellery shops have made neckless and bangles and they were not as expensive as buying one off the shelf.  

If you are cute about this you can turn it into 2 presents, one the stones and then for Christmas (lets be honest it will take here that long to decide)  you get them set for Christmas   A 100% personal one-off present thats got to keep you in the good books for a few years!   

.......If you need any more tips to keep her in-doors happy just ask 🤣

You are quite right.

We had my wedding ring made and some years later had it remade again by the same bespoke jewellers, combining the gold and diamonds from my engagement ring. In real terms the cost was small and the ring is unique.🌞

Coins are not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. (Joseph Campbell).

Cheers guys, some good suggestions. I like the personal touch @GoldDiggerDave definitely considering that. I know a guy who does jewellery making as a hobby so I'm gonna ask him though I'm not sure how advanced he is ie can he make intricate stuff. If not I'll probably just search online for second hand sites. I seem to remember Peter Schiff advertising a place that does jewellery close to bullion prices as possible but it was probably just in the US.

14 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Just buy her a lovely new sovereign!

I think this would be the best value for money, but they're not really wearable unless she wants to look like Vicky Pollard, which is a look I think both of us want to avoid.