• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Random Rant

Bogart

3 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

I've been noticing the lack of people's attention span for years now, and all joking aside, I really did notice it when I first started to put out these long musical pieces.  That kind of stuff was what I grew up with in the 70s when one song could take up the entire side of an LP and lots of people loved it back then. I still love listening to longer epic pieces of music and am particularly partial in my old age to certain operas like The Magic Flute for example which is a three hour extravaganza in German with elements of colloquial Austrian dialect chucked in - a real challenge !   Nowadays if a song is longer than two minutes and if it contains any real instruments rather than a load of computer generated c**p and a robotic repetitious lyric line it's too complicated for most of the simpletons out there.

With regard to ticktock and instagram I'm afraid I've led a very sheltered life and have never once looked at them..😅  I don't regret it!

Lol I'm glad we are just out of touch, or not controlled MSM.   Mate I accidentally turn on Radio 1 in the car at times and the utter dross they play, the  pseudo-urban da dam, da dam, ya mam!  It all has the exactly the same  quasi-english almost subliminal repetitions. Any hook they can make up that will fit into the next tick-tock 20 second video.  

2 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Lol I'm glad we are just out of touch, or not controlled MSM.   Mate I accidentally turn on Radio 1 in the car at times and the utter dross they play, the  pseudo-urban da dam, da dam, ya mam!  It all has the exactly the same  quasi-english almost subliminal repetitions. Any hook they can make up that will fit into the next tick-tock 20 second video.  

Do they still make music? I thought they gave up in about 2000 or so.

18 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I accidentally turn on Radio 1 in the car at times and the utter dross they play, the  pseudo-urban da dam, da dam, ya mam!  It all has the exactly the same  quasi-english almost subliminal repetitions. Any hook they can make up that will fit into the next tick-tock 20 second video.  

Hideous.

12 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

I've even tried to listen to Radio 4. Had to turn it off, I think they run the perpetual ladies hours now. Every ones a victim unless the person happens to be a white male. My eldest daughter, now in Uni, having not done an hours worth of work in her life. Seems to be intent on collecting as many letters behind her name as possible, not the academic type mind you. ADHD, PTSD,...... etc. To be honest I'm probably best left in the solitude of my own company in my hermitage. However, I have found some kindred spirits on the forum. Whilst surrounded by the ever increasing madness of the world I've found it easier not to interact. 

Just as a recent funny I nearly found myself thrown out of spec savers the last time I went for my check up. In short I got sat down at a desk to fill out the preliminary questionnaire by a young girl with multi-coloured hair, blue, pink, yellow can't really remember now but she asked my name, I answered, then she asked my gender. "Can't you tell" I said. then came "what pronouns do you use?" I couldn't help myself, I said " I'm very sorry but I don't subscribe to this sort of b0l0ck$. If you have any questions that relate to my eye test continue." I thought she was going to cry she looked at the main desk and at that point I thought, Oh great I'm getting thrown out.  Anyway I was called away and with in a few seconds shoved in to an area to wait for my eye test.

That is actually quite a scary story, because it means the sheep will follow literally anything these days. It makes me wonder what else these same sheep would be capable of doing to you.

Remember how people ratted on you for leaving your house more than once a day.

Then there is all the people who lost their livelihoods for saying something innocuous but makes the sheep's hair catch fire. Even got convicted, in some cases. The same "crimes" would have been thought perfectly reasonable just 7 or 8 years ago.

5 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

I had an apprentice who listened to pink Floyd's pulse album on my recommendation. The only thing he said was the songs were too long. Those days are gone. 

The only comment?

Bullets are a fantastic invention when used appropriately!

2 hours ago, ZRPMs said:

Your right. What crimes have been committed by those that have prefaced their actions with "I'm sorry but it's my job I have to do it."

How many people were made social lepers because they didn't clap for the NHS. My own family shunned me until they needed the A&E department recently. They couldn't get an ambulance and when they eventually got there, They had a nearly 18 hours to get seen to. As you can imagine. I couldn't help but say" good job you clapped so enthusiastically " 

Frolics to the NHS. I'll possibly die of something simple and easily curable as their is no way on God's clean earth I go near the Quackery again. I'm a bit bitter still at a prognosis of game over by the weekend.

Ticking towards 9 years later...

5 minutes ago, MonkeysUncle said:

Frolics to the NHS. I'll possibly die of something simple and easily curable as their is no way on God's clean earth I go near the Quackery again. I'm a bit bitter still at a prognosis of game over by the weekend.

Ticking towards 9 years later...

I've had major misdiagnoses too as have members of my family. Then of course there is the Covid debacle. With so many instances of this, Occam's Razor is telling me NHS doctors are stupid, dangerous and ignorant - This has gone well beyond a bit of bad luck here or there.

Worst is when people are trusting the NHS enough that they may never know they were misdiagnosed, they just believe what they were told.

23 minutes ago, NGMD said:

praying to Broccoli.

I think you've hit on a great money making opportunity here... no such thing as a poor religion after all.

And Broccoli can be thanked for it's tasty goodness, as opposed to thanking fictitious characters in c**p stories.

• Founder & Administrator

Locked this as it’s gone off topic and last recent posts completely not about gold at all.

Please keep the non PM topics and posts strictly to the non PM section. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme