• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Coronation King Charles III and Queen Camilla Gold Sovereign

Midasfrog

Just now, Midasfrog said:

They make a lovely collection something a bit different to a date run , I have spotted another 2012 SOTD going for £475 posted 🤫

I really like them, but I’m a sucker for grading everything, and I might be mistaken, but I think you’re unable to grade a lot of the pre 2017’s unless they’re still sealed, as you can’t tell them apart from the standard sovereign for that year.

2 minutes ago, Jake0111 said:

I didnt think they would have started shipping till after the 8th 

It’s a Silver 1oz…. I would have been somewhat surprised if it had been the Sovereign 😆

2 hours ago, bluffer said:

still showing on main page as 2 available but sold out when trying to add to basket.

Price got bumped from £725 to £850. with one available…..maybe it was off the website while they bumped the price or someone had it in their basket when you tried purchase so it came up as unavailable ?

Edited by Oldun

3 hours ago, Shinus73 said:

I really like them, but I’m a sucker for grading everything, and I might be mistaken, but I think you’re unable to grade a lot of the pre 2017’s unless they’re still sealed, as you can’t tell them apart from the standard sovereign for that year.

I believe you can tell them apart if you have a bullion and an SotD in hand to physically compare, but with just pictures online, and buying off eBay (for example), there’s a huge risk of a seller passing off a bullion as an SotD.

35 minutes ago, jason94151 said:

Just wondering does SOTD sovereign happens ever year or does this happen during specials events?

It’s supposed to be for special events, but it’s been struck every year since 2016, and sometimes for multiple events in the same year.

With the SotDs being differentiated from the Proofs by their plain edge and matte finish, they’ve become like a separate annual “product line” for the Royal Mint.

3 hours ago, westminstrel said:

It’s supposed to be for special events, but it’s been struck every year since 2016, and sometimes for multiple events in the same year.

With the SotDs being differentiated from the Proofs by their plain edge and matte finish, they’ve become like a separate annual “product line” for the Royal Mint.

oh I guess it not as special as I was thinking it was since the only one i know that is SOTD sovereign is the platinum Jubilee and this Coronation sovereign.

What was the other SOTD sovereign and made it "Special" Event?

36 minutes ago, jason94151 said:

oh I guess it not as special as I was thinking it was since the only one i know that is SOTD sovereign is the platinum Jubilee and this Coronation sovereign.

What was the other SOTD sovereign and made it "Special" Event?

Here are some from 2017 onwards that I remember:

- 200th Anniversary of the Sovereign

- Platinum Wedding Anniversary of the Queen and Prince Philip

- Sapphire Jubilee of the Queen’s Accession

- Sapphire Jubilee of the Queen’s Coronation

- Prince George’s 5th Birthday

- 200th Anniversary of the Birth of Queen Victoria

- 200th Anniversary of the Birth of Prince Albert

- Withdrawal from the European Union (Brexit)

- 75th Anniversary of Victory in Europe

- 75th Anniversary of Victory over Japan

- Queen’s 95th Birthday

- Platinum Jubilee of the Queen’s Accession

- Coronation of King Charles

42 minutes ago, Paul said:

They’ve gone past the £850 mark but that was to be expected.

I randonly went on the Britannia Coin Company website this morning and found a 1KG SIlver Coronation available - so bagged it. It was top of my wanted list yesterday but it didn't make it to the RM website. They still had other stuff in stock this morning.

17 hours ago, Oldun said:

Price got bumped from £725 to £850. with one available…..maybe it was off the website while they bumped the price or someone had it in their basket when you tried purchase so it came up as unavailable ?

would not surprise me.  they bumped a few prices of other stuff they still had in stock. including the 1oz silver which you can still buy from RM ( awaiting stock but not sold out )

• An exclusive 2oz gold coin only is coming out for Mint Marque clients gold tier status and higher, marketed to platinum level first  
  • Mintage is just 100
  • and it is in reverse proof set 2oz gold only 
  • RRP slightly higher than the standard 2oz gold at £5495

So it is https://www.royalmint.com/shop/monarch/charles-iii/coronation/ounce/the-coronation-of-his-majesty-king-charles-iii-2oz-gold-proof-coin/ 

in reverse proof

I think this is the one that will do the best for potential profits & desirability