• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Too good to be true?!

Rossironworkz

Firstly, hello TSF, this is my first post, as I am a new member, only started collecting this year, not for me, but for my 5 yr old daughter, to have something when I'm gone.. Anyway, I've seen this seller on ebay pop up a few b. I. N. Offers, which seem.. Well... A bit sus to me! 

Has anyone had any dealings, and if so what was the outcome?.. Plated or solid? 

Thanks for your time and here's to a great future within TSF 👌🍻

Screenshot_20221201_130359_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

3 hours ago, Rossironworkz said:

Firstly, hello TSF, this is my first post, as I am a new member, only started collecting this year, not for me, but for my 5 yr old daughter, to have something when I'm gone.. Anyway, I've seen this seller on ebay pop up a few b. I. N. Offers, which seem.. Well... A bit sus to me! 

Has anyone had any dealings, and if so what was the outcome?.. Plated or solid? 

Thanks for your time and here's to a great future within TSF 👌🍻

Screenshot_20221201_130359_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

The most faked carded gold bar in existence unfortunately, Can't possibly tell from the pictures, the packaging looks ok ( could be zoomed in, but they look a little on the thick side to me) 

If you have no way of knowing even when they arrive, stay clear.

You could buy and get them tested inside the ( money back guarantee window)

Like @Orpster says, the price will likely climb closer to auction end. 

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Yes, that one is an auction.. I took the wrong screenshot, I'll see if I can find initial post... It was for 5g at £99 buy it now... But as name suggests, its always just a single day deal.. Which, in all honesty, could be a great marketing tool..  But yes, as you say, all feedback is good 🤔.. Maybe I've just got synical in my old age. Lol.. Should just take the leap. 😁👍

Just now, Rossironworkz said:

Yes, that one is an auction.. I took the wrong screenshot, I'll see if I can find initial post... It was for 5g at £99 buy it now... But as name suggests, its always just a single day deal.. Which, in all honesty, could be a great marketing tool..  But yes, as you say, all feedback is good 🤔.. Maybe I've just got synical in my old age. Lol.. Should just take the leap. 😁👍

5g at £99? Yeah santa isn't real unfortunately. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

14 minutes ago, Rossironworkz said:

Yes that would be too good to be true, and also taint all their other auctions

As to the one day deals, I often use one or three day auctions, seems to make zero difference to the achieved price from using 7 or 10 day listings

As already said, there are probably more fakes of these than there are the real thing. Also, nobody, absolutely nobody, sells 5g of gold for £99. You already know its too good to be true!

Spend your money safely here on TSF!

Edit - good stuff stacking for your daughter, one day she will be very, very grateful!

Edited by TheShinyStuff

I wouldn’t touch these with a bargepole irrespective of the sellers good reputation.

As has been mentioned above these are heavily counterfeited and the above looks too thick.

Counterfeiters latched onto the packaging lending a veneer of authenticity to fake goods and mass produced them. 

If you are new to collecting start with a dealer or items from this forum.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

14 hours ago, TheShinyStuff said:

As already said, there are probably more fakes of these than there are the real thing. Also, nobody, absolutely nobody, sells 5g of gold for £99. You already know its too good to be true!

Spend your money safely here on TSF!

Edit - good stuff stacking for your daughter, one day she will be very, very grateful!

Yes, I must upgrade myself so that I can get in on the deals here. 👌

And thank you, yes hopefully I can make her financial future a bit less 'worrying' than mine 👍 but at the moment she, as a 6 Yr old girl, absolutely LOOOVVEESSS holding a solid piece of gold or silver, she can't get enough. Lol. 

14 hours ago, dicker said:

I wouldn’t touch these with a bargepole irrespective of the sellers good reputation.

As has been mentioned above these are heavily counterfeited and the above looks too thick.

Counterfeiters latched onto the packaging lending a veneer of authenticity to fake goods and mass produced them. 

If you are new to collecting start with a dealer or items from this forum.

Best

Dicker

Thank you for your opinion, I think tbh, I'm in the same boat, I am yet to buy anything ( of any value) off of eBay and the like, and as yet, all of my g & s has come from my local shop, but I'm finding it difficult to get bars from him as he doesn't have any or buy any, just rounds, so I'm finding myself heading toward sites like travex and similar. 

Perth Mint published a very helpful and very in depth guide to spotting the difference between real and counterfeit assay carded bars some years ago. The article featured the older green cards and the more recent black ones and was extremely helpful for me when I was looking at these. Unfortunately they've removed the page, which is silly. I have managed to find a similar article on the wayback machine but this one is much lighter on information and only covers the black cards:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190223040530/http://www.perthmintbullion.com/us/blog/blog/15-05-20/don_t_get_duped_by_fake_minted_bars.aspx

If anyone is interested a bit of digging around may unearth the article in question.