• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tavex Verification?

I just registered with Tavex bullion last month, they called me back to cheek on a purchase.
Atkinsons bullion also look for verification when spending over 10k in one year.

it feels like the power’s  that be are closing in.  

Edited by Silverbull

I had to show proof of id driving License or Pass Port, and a mug shot.  I rang them up and they said its because i have now spent over £1000.  I have to say I have had accounts with most UK bullion dealers for many years and they have never asked me for id apart from Hatton gardenmetals.  Oh yeah Chards when picking up coins.  My Tavex order is by mail and is only my standard small order 2 sovs. 

20 minutes ago, Piperscoins said:

Got me thinking now am i on some type of list 🤔

You would not be the first to wonder, its why some people are happy to pay (upto) dealer prices on forums like this

32 minutes ago, Gordy said:

I.D can be standard for dealers to comply with regs... Chards do it, not a biggy really unless you're selling fine white powder to fund it.. 😂

I love fine white powder. The more of it the better.

In November I will be off to France to find the stuff.

Don't worry, I should be in the good company of a qualified mountain guide where advisable. They can usually find the best slopes and orientation. Importantly this also helps to reduce the risk of being caught by avalanches.

Does anyone want more photos when I get there?

😎

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I love fine white powder. The more of it the better.

In November I will be off to France to find the stuff.

Don't worry, I should be in the good company of a qualified mountain guide where advisable. They can usually find the best slopes and orientation. Importantly this also helps to reduce the risk of being caught by avalanches.

Does anyone want more photos when I get there?

😎

As long as they're not in your underwear.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

13 minutes ago, Gordy said:

Yep, you're on their verified users list.... ask @LawrenceChard what he's allowed to do with the lists!!

Very strict rules under GDPR, and quite rightly too.

We don't sell or share any of ours. Some dealers and other businesses do, but they are supposed to ensure you opt in rather than having to opt out.

The data is also supposed to be kept secure. We have our systems PEN tested, even though we are not legally required to.

I feel certain that not all bullion dealers have fully secure systems.

😎

3 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

As long as they're not in your underwear.

I hope you don't want me to remove it!

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

Very strict rules under GDPR, adn quite rightly too.

We don't sell or share any of ours. Some dealers and other businesses do, but they are supposed to ensure you opt in rather than having to opt out.

The data is also supposed to be kept secure. We have our systems PEN tested, even though we are not legally required to.

I feel certain that not all bullion dealers have fully secure systems.

😎

😎

Looks like I have just fallen victim to the "Your posts have been merged" feature!

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

😎

Yes, please don't.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

3 hours ago, Piperscoins said:

Tavex, I have only made small purchases from them but now they want verification because it gone over £1000 has anyone else had this?

Yep. I went through that process with them a couple weeks back with, if I can recall, a verification company/app called verifi. Bought again since and was super fast

4 minutes ago, SiCole said:

I did the same thing with their app. Quite logical tbh to protect both parties from fraud.

Or collecting information to feed in to the future AI computers. 

I know it sounds a bit tinhat but have been reading up on it and seems we are not that far off.

2 hours ago, Gordy said:

I.D can be standard for dealers to comply with regs... Chards do it, not a biggy really unless you're selling fine white powder to fund it.. 😂

What powder does one speak of?

If anyone wants to trade sovereigns for washing up powder, pm for details. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

What powder does one speak of?

If anyone wants to trade sovereigns for washing up powder, pm for details. 

Beechams..... like rocking horse sh!t atm..... 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

I've been through the verification process with Tavex, pretty straight forward, they wanted a copy of a photo id uploaded and then they want you to take a picture of yourself through their web site.

I seem to remember a similar process for goldsilver.be and chards.

Some dealers want it, some don’t.  I don’t think it is good practice to publicly name which ones do or don’t because this is a gap which money launderers may well use.

I certainly don’t want my ID docs across many dealers as there is always a risk that the less professional ones may not pay for proper cyber security.

I had personal details leaked twice over the last 10 years so know it does happen - even to big corporations who should be super secure.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys