• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tavex Verification?

I think we should know which dealers want and don’t want  ID  many of us use these dealers,

please name these dealers so I can avoid having to show ID to them, I’ve noting to hide but that’s not the point  

it’s very inconvenient and rude, intrusive, & untrustworthy. To ask a customer for ID after they have paid for PMs.

Atkinsons ask after 10k

Tavex after 1k

Chards 

shouldn't we be aloud to spend our hard earned how we like on what we like without government poking there nose in.

my bank Lloyds froze my account and had me go back home for ID a passport 

A driving licence wasn’t good enough for them,  just because I deposited 2k of old £20 notes 

treated me like a drug dealer,

when they unfroze my acc they wanted to know what I was withdrawing my money for WHAT is happening 

Will they knock on my door someday and ask for my coin collection,

NEVER TRUST GOVERNMENT is my motto

I pretty sure money launders already know how to launder money it’s there job to know.

Edited by Silverbull

1 hour ago, Silverbull said:

I pretty sure money launders already know how to launder money it’s there job to know

Your right, perhaps it just a way of making sure you have paid tax on your earnings. If you only earn 30,000 a year and you bank 30,000 cash then the tax man will come knocking. I have had loads of issues with my banks over the last couple of years from putting money in to my kids accounts to buying crypto. I have come to the conclusion I don't own the money I earn if I can't decide freely what to do with it. 

2 hours ago, Silverbull said:

I think we should know which dealers want and don’t want  ID  many of us use these dealers,

please name these dealers so I can avoid having to show ID to them, I’ve noting to hide but that’s not the point  

it’s very inconvenient and rude, intrusive, & untrustworthy. To ask a customer for ID after they have paid for PMs.

Atkinsons ask after 10k

Tavex after 1k

Chards 

shouldn't we be aloud to spend our hard earned how we like on what we like without government poking there nose in.

A driving licence wasn’t good enough for them,  just because I deposited 2k of old £20 notes 

when they unfroze my acc they wanted to know what I was withdrawing my money for WHAT is happening 

I pretty sure money launders already know how to launder money it’s there job to know.

You are more than welcome to ask dealers about their policies.  Indeed, many explain their policies around identity checks.

Money laundering is a serious issue, and businesses have specific regulations to follow around identification and reporting of suspected money laundering. 

The government is essentially ensuring that businesses are a first line of defence.

In specifics situations, governments can and do have the powers to look at everything about you.  If you want to break out in a cold sweat on this I would advise reading the Snowden papers….

Not my circus, not my monkeys

19 hours ago, Piperscoins said:

Tavex, I have only made small purchases from them but now they want verification because it gone over £1000 has anyone else had this?

If you are not spending over £1000 you are not doing it right!  🤣  This is normal compliancy  rules for anyone I've dealt Chards, Atkinsons, BBP, even with the  Royal Mint I've had KYC and compliancy checks.    

12 hours ago, Silverbull said:

Atkinsons ask after 10k

Tavex after 1k

Chards 

I share your feelings about the government and I can not stand the amount of control the banks have but you have wake up and understand once you have the gold you will need to convert it back into controlled fiat unless you are paying for goods in PM's.  

Bricks and mortar PM dealers have to comply with HMRC if they don't is game over for them, surely you must know this?  If you don't want to use a business that complies with the law then that is your prerogative,  you must realise even the doors that allow peer to peer trading can be very easily closed with a press of a button, even if you trade in cash banks now are limiting how much you can pay in per year the post office (the first of many) will only allow £2000 per month and 10k over a year.   Most business will not  take large amounts of cash.........some won't take any amount of cash.

You might want a list of dealer who have to comply with the HMRC , maybe look at it from the other side dealers can not have customers who don't comply?  

Maybe having proof you have dealt with a compliant HMRC PM dealer may become the only way you can liquidate your PMs in the future once all the other avenues have been closed?    You could rock up to one of those dealers you don't like at some point in the future as they are your last hope of liquidating your stack and they might not even be able to deal with you as theres no provenance  you have bought your PM's  legitimately, not saying this is a the case but it would not be hard for the government, banks and HMRC to enforce. 

As physical and analog as PM's are do not be fooled into thinking they are not 100% controlled by the digital system of compliancy......once cash as gone and we have a CBDC all the doors will be closed.

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

I always thought the rules were ID needed for any single transaction over £5000 and cumulative, everything over £10,000+ spent in a year 

We’ll that’s you nailed on your first purchase of the year! 

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

2 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

We should have a charity concert for you……😂 or a Charity Rave for the next great engrave? 

too old for those shenanigans these days - choose and ham toastie, cup of yorkshire tea and an early nights kip.  im in heaven 

31 minutes ago, Paul said:

I always thought the rules were ID needed for any single transaction over £5000 and cumulative, everything over £10,000+ spent in a year 

Those are the thresholds at which your details would need to be reported to the government by the dealer.

22 hours ago, Piperscoins said:

Tavex, I have only made small purchases from them but now they want verification because it gone over £1000 has anyone else had this?

Yes they made me do this too it was a pain in the ass. But since they were the cheapest I went and jumped through their hoops.

On 07/10/2022 at 21:57, Darr3nG said:

You need to invest in a good (or not so good) boat, my friend... 

I need to know more! Maritime law related? A good hiding place? Escape plan option or just recommended for a spot of fishing during one's well deserved recreation time? 

14 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Those are the thresholds at which your details would need to be reported to the government by the dealer.

Related to this.. does anyone know if the threshold is over a rolling 12 month period or within a set financial year?