• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Good as a hedge

dicker

As soon as a saw the word hedge I was running for my Dr Martens ready to stomp all over silver🤣.  @dicker We all can feel the uncertainty around the corner and whats coming will be nothing like anyone has ever seen.   For me personally I feel if interest rates continue to rise it has historically had a negative effect on the PM market as its more attractive to liquidated hard assets for compounding returns from the banks.  For me I'd love to see 7%+ returns as this for my own circumstance will return all my fixed outgoings per year allowing for further inflation increases.

In the short term if the pound keeps diving gold will increase, it will level off at some point with the BOE ending up buying trillions worth of bonds.

I'm old fashioned when it comes to investments and I don't like risk, having something that I hold is attractive (sovereigns) and I can liquidate these quick, but I also like to be liquid with cash.

14 hours ago, dicker said:

Good as a hedge

Hi All

I often see gold derided as an investment and an asset. 

Gold has not behaved as I expected in relation to inflation.

But….against a background of the current economic lumpiness, it is doing its job pretty well.

JP Morgan boasts of having a “fortress” balance sheet, I would argue that anyone's personal “fortress” balance sheet should include a healthy proportion of gold. 

Best 

Dicker

Opinions are bound to differ about what is "Good as a hedge". Privet is very commonly used, copper beech looks great, yew is very classy, lavender is a great mosquito deterrent but doesn't grow very tall.

Whichever you opt for, it would be worth planting some rosa rugosa or rosa canina between or behind it as a security feature. That way if you get any intruders attempting to steal your stash, there will be plenty of blood around for DNA samples. I would also recommend it under ground floor windows.

😎

Chards

17 hours ago, dicker said:

Hi All

I often see gold derided as an investment and an asset. 

Gold has not behaved as I expected in relation to inflation.

But….against a background of the current economic lumpiness, it is doing its job pretty well.

JP Morgan boasts of having a “fortress” balance sheet, I would argue that anyone's personal “fortress” balance sheet should include a healthy proportion of gold. 
Best 

Dicker

17 hours ago, MonkeysUncle said:

I've just planted a lavender hedge by the way. It cost a lot less per oz than gold! 😁

16 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

As soon as a saw the word hedge I was running for my Dr Martens ready to stomp all over silver🤣.  @dicker We all can feel the uncertainty around the corner and whats coming will be nothing like anyone has ever seen.   For me personally I feel if interest rates continue to rise it has historically had a negative effect on the PM market as its more attractive to liquidated hard assets for compounding returns from the banks.  For me I'd love to see 7%+ returns as this for my own circumstance will return all my fixed outgoings per year allowing for further inflation increases.

In the short term if the pound keeps diving gold will increase, it will level off at some point with the BOE ending up buying trillions worth of bonds.

I'm old fashioned when it comes to investments and I don't like risk, having something that I hold is attractive (sovereigns) and I can liquidate these quick, but I also like to be liquid with cash.

3 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Opinions are bound to differ about what is "Good as a hedge". Privet is very commonly used, copper beech looks great, yew is very classy, lavender is a great mosquito deterrent but doesn't grow very tall.

Whichever you opt for, it would be worth planting some rosa rugosa or rosa canina between or behind it as a security feature. That way if you get any intruders attempting to steal your stash, there will be plenty of blood around for DNA samples. I would also recommend it under ground floor windows.

😎

Whilst on the theme of "Good as a Hedge":

InGOODweTRust.thumb.jpg.af385c4c2aa5b02d42fe7572fe56bd72.jpg

"IN GOOD WE TRUST"

😎

Chards