• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Estimated price for 200g 9ct gold

Stackem

8 minutes ago, James32 said:

@Stackem my math was done on a calculator with only one battery ( I've edited my post to update price 🤣

@EStrading kindly and respectfully pointed out my error. 

Tbh, I'm ashamed of the rest of you lot for missing it 😁

I've seen from first moment that you divided at .375 instead to multiply.... 😁

3 hours ago, Stackem said:

How much would 200g 9ct gold sell for?

BBP: £48.91 per gram Gold (00:17 28 Sep 2022)

200g (weight) * £48.91 (spot) / 24k (pure gold) * 9k (actual purity) = £3,668.25

This assumes you have genuine (hallmarked or tested) 9k Gold

Edited by Darr3nG

Just now, stefffana said:

I've seen from first moment that you divided at .375 instead to multiply.... 😁

🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Darr3nG said:

BBP: £48.91 per gram Gold (00:17 28 Sep 2022)

200g (weight) * £48.91 (spot) / 24k (pure gold) * 9k (actual purity) = £3,668.25

This assumes you have genuine (hallmarked or tested) 9k Gold

Edited..you must have the same fake casio calculator as me.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

8 hours ago, stefffana said:

Please, Lawrence..... "Between" and "among" are two words very difficult for me (as foreigner) to distinguish the difference.

For example:

1. In this batch of .375 gold jewellery there are few high quality pieces hiding between/among low premium stuffs.

2. When Darren is asking you any question, I can read between/among his words that he want to ask you about shipping costs.

Can you, please, explain me when can be used "between " and when can be used "among"?

I have tried to understand several times from English Grammar books, but it is still cloudy in my mind.

No one else has answered this perfectly legitimate, if slightly off-topic question, and I assume it comes from genuine puzzlement so it deserves an answer. So here goes:

'between' would be used to describe, for example, the geographical position of Edinburgh 'which lies between London and the North Pole', or as in the statement that ' he (or she) was torn between love and hate in his/her feelings for his/her brother (or sister)'. Think of it being possible either literally or non-literally to draw a line BETWEEN two things;

'among' (or 'amongst' - no great difference) would be used to describe something or someone in an enclosed, defined group, as in 'among the inhabitants of London there are many recent immigrants' or 'among the many poor quality coins in the auction there were a few good ones'.

Hope this helps. (I used to be a teacher, I'm afraid, though my subject was History, not English, so my attempt at an explanation may not be successful.)

10 hours ago, stefffana said:

Please, Lawrence..... "Between" and "among" are two words very difficult for me (as foreigner) to distinguish the difference.

For example:

1. In this batch of .375 gold jewellery there are few high quality pieces hiding between/among low premium stuffs.

2. When Darren is asking you any question, I can read between/among his words that he want to ask you about shipping costs.

Can you, please, explain me when can be used "between " and when can be used "among"?

I have tried to understand several times from English Grammar books, but it is still cloudy in my mind.

While I often give Free English Lessons, similar to @Darr3nG's free Maths Lessons, I have got a really busy day today.

There are others on TSF who are better qualified than I am, possibly @dicker.

If you are still struggling, remind me at weekend!

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

3 minutes ago, RDHC said:

No one else has answered this perfectly legitimate, if slightly off-topic question, and I assume it comes from genuine puzzlement so it deserves an answer. So here goes:

'between' would be used to describe, for example, the geographical position of Edinburgh 'which lies between London and the North Pole', or as in the statement that ' he (or she) was torn between love and hate in his/her feelings for his/her brother (or sister)'. Think of it being possible either literally or non-literally to draw a line BETWEEN two things;

'among' (or 'amongst' - no great difference) would be used to describe something or someone in an enclosed, defined group, as in 'among the inhabitants of London there are many recent immigrants' or 'among the many poor quality coins in the auction there were a few good ones'.

Hope this helps. (I used to be a teacher, I'm afraid, though my subject was History, not English, so my attempt at an explanation may not be successful.)

Thank you, Teacher!🤗 

Finally, a gentleman among us! There are too many naughty boys on here, to be honest, but don't tell them my opinion about them, please, it is between me and you only....

See, your didactic experience been very helpful for me.🤗

1 minute ago, stefffana said:

Thank you, Teacher!🤗 

Finally, a gentleman among us! There are too many naughty boys on here, to be honest, but don't tell them my opinion about them, please, it is between me and you only....

Glad to have been apparently some use - for once. And your use of 'between' here is absolutely correct.

44 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

While I often give Free English Lessons, similar to @Darr3nG's free Maths Lessons, I have got a really busy day today.

There are others on TSF who are better qualified than I am, possibly @dicker.

If you are still struggling, temind me at weekend!

😎

39 minutes ago, RDHC said:

Glad to have been apparently some use - for once. And your use of 'between' here is absolutely correct.

Many thanks!🤗

Wait until I get my new MacBook Pro and I’ll work it out for you…….it’s got a great calculator on and it tells the time and everything! 

@dicker I’m between my 2nd and 3rd cup a coffee and I know I’m among a bunch of crazy people l! 

11 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Correct, but plenty of free information, and even education from the didactics amongst us!

😎

11 hours ago, stefffana said:

For example:

11 hours ago, Darr3nG said:

I believe he used the word "amongst" for added mirth :)

BxZ-co-IQAAB64k.jpg.75cd9e68953695ded1e91d76f08a25e9.jpg

11 hours ago, stefffana said:

Too racist !!!

Reported!

BTW... Now it is more cloudy....

Among / amongst?🤔

11 hours ago, James32 said:

So @HerefordBullyun and three of his neighbours will fit in "between" the rubber dolly!

Your hands will stand out "among/st" a large group of normal folk! Clear now??!

2 hours ago, RDHC said:

2 hours ago, stefffana said:

Thank you, Teacher!🤗 

27 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I need...

A little time to think things over...

😎

25 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

That sounds spot on to me.

Now we need to explain "amongst""

😎

So here goes:

Amongst and among mean the same thing, but among is more common, particularly in American English. Both words are prepositions that mean “into, surrounded by; in the midst of, so as to influence; with a share for each of; in the number, class, or group of; mutually; or by all or with the whole of.”

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/amongst-among/

Chards

6 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

So here goes:

Amongst and among mean the same thing, but among is more common, particularly in American English. Both words are prepositions that mean “into, surrounded by; in the midst of, so as to influence; with a share for each of; in the number, class, or group of; mutually; or by all or with the whole of.”

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/amongst-among/

@stefffana's head has likely fallen off🤣

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I learnt a lot from my gran'ma!

😎

This reminds me of the lesson in punctuation. Punctuation can save lives!

Lets eat, grandma.

or

Lets eat grandma.

Did the bear eat, John?

or

Did the bear eat John?

Sorry @stefffana English is complicated even for us as our first language. 😬

1 minute ago, Foster88 said:

This reminds me of the lesson in punctuation. Punctuation can save lives!

Lets eat, grandma.

or

Lets eat grandma.

Did the bear eat, John?

or

Did the bear eat John?

Sorry @stefffana English is complicated even for us as our first language. 😬

What did grandma, or John "do" on the bear? Seems harsh 😕