• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official statement from BOE Governor about QE II banknotes

• westminstrel changed the title to Official statement from BOE Governor about QE II banknotes
3 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I will ask Julian (Brett) Chamberlain!

😎

I’ve not lived though a change of monarchy it’s all new to me.  What was it like when Queen Victoria died? 😉

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

How much money has been spent ( excuse the pun) changing the paper money to plastic? being ramped up these past 6 months and now needs to be recalled again ffs. There's only so many times you can lift floorboards before they need replacement 😤 @LawrenceChard your piano must be due a retune?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, James32 said:

How much money has been spent ( excuse the pun) changing the paper money to plastic? being ramped up these past 6 months and now needs to be recalled again ffs. There's only so many times you can lift floorboards before they need replacement 😤 @LawrenceChard your piano must be due a retune?

No, its just the way I play it!

😎

Chards

18 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Out of interest how long will QEII notes be legal tender in the UK?

Basically QEII was the first monarch to appear on the portrait-series of banknotes in 1960 on the 10/- and £1 notes, and has been ever since. All our notes are now polymer, having phased out cotton paper. Each series or issues of different denominations are eventually withdrawn as different designs replace them .A fixed date is usually given several months in advance, after which the notes cannot be used. However, banks rather than shops will usually take them. But the Bank of England will always exchange them as legal tender. It shouldn’t matter whether it’s QE or Charles on the obverse…..

6 hours ago, Britannia47 said:

Basically QEII was the first monarch to appear on the portrait-series of banknotes in 1960 on the 10/- and £1 notes, and has been ever since. All our notes are now polymer, having phased out cotton paper. Each series or issues of different denominations are eventually withdrawn as different designs replace them .A fixed date is usually given several months in advance, after which the notes cannot be used. However, banks rather than shops will usually take them. But the Bank of England will always exchange them as legal tender. It shouldn’t matter whether it’s QE or Charles on the obverse…..

We are in strange times where business now are refusing cash payments, there is no legal right to say business have to accept it, many businesses now don't want it and you get the 3rd degree trying to pay it back into the bank.   For me I'll keep on off loading in the petrol stations and super markets but it's only a matter of time before some large chains will stop taking it.   I like cash so I'll just have to keep flipping it all until they all have Charles III on them all.

In short I do not trust banks....have you read the new terms and conditions?  Thinking up to 85k per finical institution is safe is not as safe as it used to be because they have changed the laws, they can limit how much you can have in an account (this amount is up to them and can be changed at any time) they can also "in economic difficulties" can limit how much money they will allow to withdraw........It's not even your money the second you deposit it into the bank did you know that?

2 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

It is not even your money the second you deposit it into the bank did you know that?

Unfortunately, my employer deposits it into my account before I even get to it. I can't remember the last time I deposited something into an account, 2018 or so?

48 minutes ago, SidS said:

Unfortunately, my employer deposits it into my account before I even get to it. I can't remember the last time I deposited something into an account, 2018 or so?

I know this is the same for everyone, I withdrew a load of my cash in 2020 just incase SHTF with the cold,  I did not use it and trying to pay it back in was a nightmare totally got the 3rd degree paying my own cash back in that I withdrew.    

Halifax used to freeze my account with every Royal Mint purchase, I had to keep going back in with a pile of ID to unlock the account I kicked off the manger and said "is it illegal to buy VAT free, GCT, inheritance tax free legal tender gold coins"  he said it just flags the account? WTF I was working paying 40% in PAYE tax my wages were paid directly into  the same account yet they had the power to stop and disrupt me from legally buying gold with the money I've earned and paid a mountain of tax on it.  

The second an average joe tries to move more than they will allow they make it so difficult and it's only going to worse, they have total control and authority over your account.    I do have a lot (a lot for me)  of cash savings been totally boring and just slowly plodded money into savings over the last 20 years, I'm really sceptical about the recent changes in retail banking, yes I do have PM's in 3 party storage but I can't take it all out and have my eggs all one basket. 

In short I feel the avenues are closing for cash, either withdrawing it and also spending it,  and this does give me the dread that once they close all the avenues for cash transactions a bail in would be childs play, you can't put a run on the bank when theres nothing to withdraw.  Even if you try and move/ spend it online they will suspend transactions down to £150 per day or something like that......

I've recently experienced whats know as an exit scam with my crypto by a mainstream provider (my mate has the very same issue now)  It all started in March when they changed the T&C's  and the second I got that I should have moved it....then wham locked in can't move it, the price is falling.....I have managed to walk away with my around initial investment....could have walked away with a very positive return if I was able to move it before they locked me into the system..........These new T&C's for crypto providers  are very similar worded to the new retail banking T&C's if you have time to read them I would.