• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Queens current health. (Has now sadly passed away, RIP)

Ukbullionfan

• Ukbullionfan changed the title to The Queens current health. (Has now sadly passed away, RIP)

Gosh, that went fast. My condolences to everyone here. Although I have never been a monarchist, she always was the exception to the rule. 

How are the bets that Charles Philip Arthur George abdicates right away and gives over to William? 

Numismatically speaking, I ordered an additional double, two full and two half bullion 2022 Sovereigns this afternoon when the news began to trickle in.

Edited by xthomasx

why do i get a bad feeling about this?

wasn't elizabeth (truss) against a monarchy?

our new "King" was best friends with Savile, wants us to "own nothing and be happy"

can't even access the royalmint site so many visitors:

Thank you for visiting our website

Following today’s announcement we are experiencing high volumes of visitors to our website. Please bear with us while we work to minimise any delays or disruption to the site.

Number of users in queue ahead of you:3571

Your queue number:

11 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

our new "King" was best friends with Savile, wants us to "own nothing and be happy"

Following today’s announcement we are experiencing high volumes of visitors to our website. Please bear with us while we work to minimise any delays or disruption to the site.

Your queue number:

Hi there,

I am all new to sovereigns , why would this be?

Why are they facing a lot of traffic on their website after her death?

regards

Certainly our last 2 long-serving Queens, Victoria and Elizabeth made their mark on British history, but in different ways. Victoria will be remembered for the rise and peak of the British Empire, especially persuading Disraeli to make her ‘Ind Imp’ whilst Elizabeth’s objective was smoothing out the transition of the decline of the Empire to a family of Nations - the Commonwealth. Who will be best remembered I wonder?…… Women, What are they like!

2 hours ago, Goldyyy1 said:
14 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Your queue number:

Hi there,

I am all new to sovereigns , why would this be?

Why are they facing a lot of traffic on their website after her death?

regards

Not entirely sure maybe they think anything with her head on it will increase in value or they want to grab something before old jug lugs gets his head on the coins and Charles has been friends with the WEF too so maybe that's a concern for people about what they might be able to own in future I don't know really but look at what people are like; look at the toilet roll scramble in 2020 and people paying £40 for bottles of hand sanitiser. Fascinating thing the hive mind.

Edited by Pilgrim

1 minute ago, Pilgrim said:

Not entirely sure maybe they think anything with her head on it will increase in value or they want to grab something before old jug lugs gets his head on the coins but then you know what people are like; look at the toilet roll scramble in 2020 and people paying £40 for bottles of hand sanitiser. Fascinating thing the hive mind.

I suspect it's a case of buy them as they'll go up in value.

It's a weird one because, if they perceived something to have value, it gives it demand and therefore value.

Logically, if the 2022 coins are bought in their thousands/millions it makes them more common and thus less rare. So over time they could lose value too.

All first year issues are common too - 1816, 1887, 1893, 1902, 1911, 1937, 1953, 1968/1971 - they are always available in a range of grades from very top to very bottom.

9 minutes ago, SidS said:

I suspect it's a case of buy them as they'll go up in value.

It's a weird one because, if they perceived something to have value, it gives it demand and therefore value.

Logically, if the 2022 coins are bought in their thousands/millions it makes them more common and thus less rare. So over time they could lose value too.

All first year issues are common too - 1816, 1887, 1893, 1902, 1911, 1937, 1953, 1968/1971 - they are always available in a range of grades from very top to very bottom.

Indeed. Perception and value; interesting to look at in latin on google translate and their related words and meanings

Edited by Pilgrim

20 hours ago, Ukbullionfan said:

The Queens current health. (Has now sadly passed away, RIP)

Awful news to hear, when she dies will our collection of proofs be worth more ? Morbid question I know. Mods can remove this if it’s felt it’s in bad taste.

Not looking too good at the moment!

... That originally contained a typo "Not looking too god at the moment!"

😎

Chards