• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Who Would Like to Guess What These Two Gold Objects Are?

LawrenceChard

Who Would Like to Guess What These Two Gold Objects Are?

I have a feeling I have posted about one or more of these previously, but could not find them:

0.thumb.jpg.acb55dff3aa9ea020de18918a0529e0b.jpg

I have learnt to change the filenames, so this, above, is "0"

605238041_1(2).thumb.jpg.ce7942bbcc15949e87334612ec792564.jpg

Please assume this is called "1"

Over to you!

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

After looking again I think that’s a sovereign, I can see the outline of St.George and the dragon in the first image.

It looks like it’s been struck from the other side so if I’m right, the other side shows the reverse of a sovereign but incuse.

I can see it the more I zoom out. Either that or I need my eyes testing.

Edited by Foster88

9 hours ago, Foster88 said:

@LawrenceChard its got a milled edge, so somebody went to the trouble of doing something to it with the intention of it being something else.

So my guess is a circular saw blade.

No idea. 😆

They have both got milled edges.

Another brilliantly inventive guess!

😎

Chards

9 hours ago, Leonmarsh said:

Two banks stuck together in minting and I bet they have a stamp on the other side of the coins sovereign and a queen's head someone has seperated them 

What, NatWest and RBS?

Assuming that was a typo for "two blanks", almost perfectly correct.

They must have been one on top of the other in striking, but would not have stuck together, and I feel sure that if it required human intervention to separate them, they would have been rejected, althouth there are some TSF members who might disagree with this.

They will have separated naturally.

😎

Chards

9 hours ago, Foster88 said:

After looking again I think that’s a sovereign, I can see the outline of St.George and the dragon in the first image.

It looks like it’s been struck from the other side so if I’m right, the other side shows the reverse of a sovereign but incuse.

I can see it the more I zoom out. Either that or I need my eyes testing.

Excellent forensic work up to a point.

😎

Chards

6 hours ago, Oddjob said:

From 24 Dec 2021 @Roy post.

20211223_080423.thumb.jpg.147d157b81610ed21c85c95e6f03f185.jpg

I guess I have to award top marks for the correct answer.

We might have to throw this open to all TSF members to decide whether it counts when you have looked at the answer sheet!

😎

44 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

Do I win the what do I get from chards for a repeated competition of guess the coin ? Lol 🤣

You can certainly have an extra 😎

😎

Chards