• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bungling Burglars Beaten Back at Blackpool Bullion Brokers

Just now, Darr3nG said:

Indeed - upping the amperage on your electrified room traps! We're on to you Mr. C!

They did actually "****-**" part of our alarm systems.

At least I did get to experience our smoke system, although it did make it difficult to finish checking a half sovereign I had been looking at.

😎

Chards

15 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Breaking News...

bunglingburglars.thumb.jpg.82452de31a57afa46db10e126d531809.jpg

BUNGLING BURGLARS 
FOILED AT BULLION
DEALERS

Burglars were baffled when their tunnel came up 50 feet short at Chards in Harrowside Blackpool.
Staff at Chards, the UK’s Leading Coin & Bullion Dealer were amused to find the gaping hole on Wednesday morning in an obvious attempt to tunnel into their underground strongroom.

MO9A5961.thumb.jpg.a6f1044542f1830be436c50a4948aee7.jpg

Turned out to be Electricity North West doing some routine maintenance!

😎

Have they leccy that far up north? Do you have running water also? Im surprised.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Just now, LawrenceChard said:

What do you think they were installing?

😎

Tunnels to rob your shop!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

I don't understand. You're saying there wasn't a burglary attempt? But this story was published? How would they get that wrong? Didn't they interview you? I mean they said Chard's staff were amused to find the tunnel or something, which would require them to have talked to you or your staff. Is this some fake paper? (I don't see anything about aliens or whatever on the cover.)

I tried finding the story online but couldn't. I did find this though: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3483679/Hatton-Garden-gang-sentenced-14million-gem-raid-today.html

Those geezers were also involved in something called the "Brink's Mat" gold heist. We have a Brink's armored car firm in the US, but I don't know what the "Mat" refers to. Somehow they got caught every time, which makes me a little bit sad. Why do these sorts of big-time heist crews always get caught? What's the point of doing something if you're just going to get caught? What happened to pride in one's work, in one's craft? I mean, I'm not condoning robbery, but jeez, if you're going to do something, do it right. In California, they had a similar big robbery of an armored car company cash depot – it was a seven figure haul. They got caught because one of them tried to pay a realtor for a house with cash still wrapped in the armored car company's branded cash straps...

Edited by Bimetallic