• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What series are you currently collecting?

caf84

I am attempting too many at the moment.  Latest thing is Canada Peace Dollar, which started in 2020. So I had to go back and buy 2 years.  I have a US Peace Dollar collection, so it makes sense.  Are the Queen's virtues 1 oz coin and 10 oz bars series? I may add that.  Also, I bought the latest James Bond 1 oz and 10 oz bars.  Maybe those are series?  I am doing UK Myths and Legends and RCM Creatures of the North too.   I am attempting Tudor Beast in 2 oz silver BU and 1/4 gold, that should be interesting.  I am doing quite a few of the Australian series. Etc. Etc. Etc.  I also started BYB's Ancient Fossil series by ordering an ammonite.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/03/2022 at 03:59, HappyHippo said:

I am attempting too many at the moment.  Latest thing is Canada Peace Dollar, which started in 2020. So I had to go back and buy 2 years.  I have a US Peace Dollar collection, so it makes sense.  Are the Queen's virtues 1 oz coin and 10 oz bars series? I may add that.  Also, I bought the latest James Bond 1 oz and 10 oz bars.  Maybe those are series?  I am doing UK Myths and Legends and RCM Creatures of the North too.   I am attempting Tudor Beast in 2 oz silver BU and 1/4 gold, that should be interesting.  I am doing quite a few of the Australian series. Etc. Etc. Etc.  I also started BYB's Ancient Fossil series by ordering an ammonite.

First issue of the canadian Peace Dollar was a reverse proof medal. Susan Taylor and John Mercanti designed one side each. The 2019 Peace & Liberty medal was also issued as 10 OZ and 1 kilo silver. Gold, if i remember right, only in 1 OZ. All pregraded PF70, never saw an ungraded one. 2020 and 2021 both only 1 OZ gold and silver, 2022 / pulsating fields, also in stunning 5 OZ issued. The 5 OZ of the 2022 makes sense, the effect on the big one is just impressive. Just received the 1 OZ yesterday. I like the design by Susan Taylor, the pulsating effect does not really come into it's own, but overall the coin still looks fantastic.

2019_peace_liberty_slv_1oz_uhr_rvpf70fdi_taylormercanti_cap_1.jpg

20220410_000128.jpg

Yes, I know the first Canadian Peace dollar was a medal.  But it is too pricey, so I'm only collecting the coins.  If you know Moonlight Mint, I also try to get his Peace Dollar variations if I am quick enough.  He overstrikes fantasy dates in high relief designs on real Peace Dollars.  He makes so few that some have sold out before I realized they existed.

As a newcomer, I was wondering what would be a good series to collect on a budget.

I've picked up the Superman coin and waiting on the Aquaman coin in the Niue DC comics series. Only got Batman and Wonder Woman to find for now. 

Was thinking about also doing the Marvel series but also like the look of Myths and Legends. 

Silver wise I’m stacking hundreds/thousands of dimes as you may know, and I have two premium collections of Johnson matthey vintage silver bullion and vintage engelhard,

unfortunately I might be moving one or both of my collections on soon to save on space and to fund a new business venture/new job, but needs must.

On 11/04/2022 at 11:49, StelliosDriver said:

Only got Batman and Wonder Woman to find

Only problem with that is a lot of times you have to pay alot to get back releases within a series.  We all have that issue to deal with it we like collecting series.  

5 minutes ago, HappyHippo said:

Only problem with that is a lot of times you have to pay alot to get back releases within a series.  We all have that issue to deal with it we like collecting series.  

Agreed.. . But I also enjoy the search and the sense of accomplishment when you finally get the pieces you're after