• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How will silver help against CBDC’s

Organics

1 hour ago, bluemoon said:

In a possible beacon of hope, EU MEPs have been found with huge amounts of cash in their homes. So it seems the lawmakers do see the value in cash after all and may hopefully keep it.

Cash is useful for taking bribes, tax avoidance and all the other illegal activities that MPs get upto behind closed doors.

3 hours ago, EdwardTeach said:

Cash is useful for taking bribes, tax avoidance and all the other illegal activities that MPs get upto behind closed doors.

Frankly the politicians can use it for bribes if they want, as long as it allows the rest of us to use cash without their state intrusion.

Edited by bluemoon

I hardly ever eat meat too and quite happily go for months at a time without eating any at all. It would require a lot of time and work in the garden but I would have no issues with living off just fruit and vegetables that I've grown myself and a few eggs bought direct from a local farmer.

Edited by EdwardTeach

1 hour ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

The problem with living off your own efforts is that neighbours will steal and you will have to defend you and yours.

Wouldn't worry too much, if the sh*t hits the fan and your are vegan then you are the last person on my list to visit. I have a mate that is a prepper in a big way, the problem is that everyone knows it. 

25 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Wouldn't worry too much, if the sh*t hits the fan and your are vegan then you are the last person on my list to visit. I have a mate that is a prepper in a big way, the problem is that everyone knows it. 

I just plan to eat the vegans … what’s not more carbon neutral than that! 

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

15 hours ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

I'm vegan so will have something like stuffed peppers

The prevailing view, supported by a confluence of fossil evidence from sites in Ethiopia, is that the emergence of flaked tool use and meat consumption led to the cerebral expansion that kickstarted human evolution more than 2 million years ago.

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

13 hours ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

The problem with living off your own efforts is that neighbours will steal and you will have to defend you and yours.

My vegetable garden is in the countryside a good distance away from any highly populated towns or cities. The neighbours are people from a small village or local farmers. Most of them would already be in a good position to grow their own food if required. If any of them are having difficulties I would gladly share what I have and if they don't already know how to grow and store food I would show them how and help them to get started so they’ll be able to support themselves and others in the future.

For small communities living out in the countryside ‘survival’ should be considered a bare minimum. There’s no reason why they couldn’t have an abundance of food. It’s not like living in the city, there’s plenty of fertile soil here and many of the villagers already have the required knowledge and skills to grow vegetables. It’s not uncommon for people here to have small vegetable gardens on their land already. These could be expanded to produce more food if required and there’s plenty of spare land around which could also be used too. All that’s needed is a bit of good luck with the weather and the willingness of people to put in the required time and hard work.

In my opinion things probably won’t get bad enough to reach this stage though. But even if it does it’s not the end the world (unless you live in a city and expect the government to support you during a major food crisis in which case you could be in big trouble).

Edited by EdwardTeach

5 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

My vegetable garden is it out in the countryside a good distance away from any highly populated towns or cities. All the neighbours are people from a small village or the local farmers. Most of them are already in a good position to grow their own food if required. If any of them are having difficulties I would gladly share what I have and if they don't already know how to grow and store their own food I could show them how to and help them get started so they’ll be able to support themselves in the future.

For small communities  living far out in the countryside ‘survival’ should be considered a bare minimum. There’s no reason why they couldn’t have an abundance of food. It’s not like living in the city, there’s plenty of fertile soil here and many of the villagers already have the required knowledge and skills required to grow and store food. It’s not uncommon for people here to have small vegetable gardens on their land already. They could easily be expanded to produce more if required and there’s plenty of spare farm land which could also be used too.  All that’s needed is the a bit of good luck with the weather and the willingness of people to put in the required time and hard work.

In my opinion things probably won’t get bad enough for things to reach this stage though. But even if they do it’s not the end the world (unless you’re expecting the government to support you if there is a major food crisis in which case you’d be in big trouble).

In the countrside would probably be better, cities tend to be more isolated, but in the countryside communities are tighter and would probably work better together.

6 minutes ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

In the countrside would probably be better, cities tend to be more isolated, but in the countryside communities are tighter and would probably work better together.

I worry for the people in the cities if the food shortages get bad. :(

On 13/12/2022 at 10:11, GoldDiggerDave said:

Not even tried it, suppose it will be good for a day after madras!  Turkey is the most bland driest thing.   I’m just doing a few different roasts, beef, pork and a few ham shanks.  

Im going for Tomahawk steaks this year, reverse seared on the bbq - will get some judgement from the outlaws as i suspect they'll be expecting a traditional roast but im looking forward to them 😇

2 minutes ago, Zeuk said:

Im going for Tomahawk steaks this year, reverse seared on the bbq - will get some judgement from the outlaws as i suspect they'll be expecting a traditional roast but im looking forward to them 😇

Good on you mate, no point sticking to tradition when theres far better grub to eat.  Make a kick ass steak dinner and sick a small turkey crown in the oven and give them the option......bet they go for the steak. 

2 hours ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

That is wrong. My partner who is an omnivore farts far more than me and smells. Our lad is pure carnivore and he puts old Macdonald's cows to shame.

2 hours ago, theman73 said:

The prevailing view, supported by a confluence of fossil evidence from sites in Ethiopia, is that the emergence of flaked tool use and meat consumption led to the cerebral expansion that kickstarted human evolution more than 2 million years ago.

That is wrong too. There are no vegans or vegetarians in the Tory government. Boris Johnson, Liz Truss, KK and the present bunch of lying thieves is what happens to meat eaters 🙂

I would worry about the people in the countryside if food shortages gets really bad in the cities.

If people from cities venture into rural communities with good intentions, asking for help and are willing to work hard in return for food they’d probably be ok. But if they ventured into rural communities with the sole intention of causing harm I’d be more concerned for them.

You might not realise this but rural communities are often well armed. For example there’s a local farmer here who has over £20k worth of ammunition alone. God knows how much his shotguns and rifles are worth but he has plenty of them and some are really nice ones. It’s not just the farmers either. Anyone who keeps livestock or chickens on their land can and often do apply for a gun licence.

Edited by EdwardTeach

That is wrong. My partner who is an omnivore farts far more than me and smells. Our lad is pure carnivore and he puts old Macdonald's cows to shame.

I am pure carnivore, as in I literally don't eat plant food, only meat, eggs and butter, I find that I hardly fart at all, except for when I have plant food because I'm at some social occasion, in which case I fart like an animal and get bloated.

When you consider the reasons it actually makes sense, as most gas is produced when bacteria have to deal with undigested fibre, which is absent on a carnivore diet and the only gases are produced usually by the digestion process itself. It is a well known fact that adding fibre to a diet causes excessive flatulence, if you live on plants it means that everything you eat has fibre, you do the math.

That is wrong too. There are no vegans or vegetarians in the Tory government. Boris Johnson, Liz Truss, KK and the present bunch of lying thieves is what happens to meat eaters 🙂

On the first part, it is not wrong, there is plenty of evidence and is the leading theory. I'm not sure what to say about the second part...

Edited by LemmyMcGregor
typo, hope I haven't missed more