• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Which website/place usually have the best cheapest prices deals on Gold Britannias?

very452001

6 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I guessed so from the word "bullion" in the name, but I have never heard of them, or if I have, then I have forgotten.

😎

So, before I hit Submit Reply, I thought I would Google them:

Tavex Bullion: Tavex - Buy Investment Gold and Silver Onlinehttps://tavexbullion.co.uk
The largest and most trusted gold and silver bullion dealer in Northern Europe and Scandinavia! Tavex Bullion is now in United Kingdom!

Really!

How did I fail to hear about "The largest and most trusted gold and silver bullion dealer in Northern Europe"

There is usually somebody most weeks launching a website with a similar claim.

Companies House reveals paid up share capital £100.

and says "11 Sep 2021    Amended accounts for a dormant company made up to 31 December 2020"

Nominet Whois says: "

Domain name:
tavexbullion.co.uk

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 05-Nov-2020

Registrar:
GoDaddy.com, LLC. [Tag = GODADDY]
URL: http://uk.godaddy.com"

This probably explains why I don't remember hearing anything about them previously.

😎

Thanks for that, saves other people having to look that info up.

The OP asked a question, I answered it. Didn't mention you or chards in it at all, yet I find it odd you should react in such a defensive way.

And just for the record, Tavex charge a one off £5 postage fee 👍

3 hours ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

The OP asked a question, I answered it. Didn't mention you or chards in it at all, yet I find it odd you should react in such a defensive way.

They are very specific with their offerings, not a lot of choice.

10 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Nah, the card company's Ts&Cs can never override Section 75 protection. Section 75 is referring to the rights afforded to the consumer by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. In a nutshell, if the goods cost more than £100 and don't arrive, then you can hold the credit card company jointly and severally liable for the breach of contract.

If two bullion dealers were offering the same coin at the same price, but one accepted credit cards, you'd be daft not to go for the one that accepts credit cards - not just for the additional protection you get, but also the other perks like not having to pay for it immediately and probably also being able to accrue magical points that encourage you to spend even more so you can trade them in for prizes. Of course, those perks are partly funded by the higher processing fees that the seller has to pay, and I gather that's why Chards and a few others don't accept credit cards (particularly Amex) as methods of payment. Even so, there's still the odd coin out there that's cheaper from places that do accept credit cards.

All fair comment, although:

Credit card buyers can file a chargeback request within 6 months of purchase, causing the merchant extra work and cost. Not all buyers and cardholders are completely ethical, honest, or fair. While this can also happen with debit cards, it is not as common.

I also remember when card companies charged merchants fees of 4%, 5%, and even up to 7..25% or 7.5% for Diners Club, with American Express not far behind. Card companies often demand substantial deposits from smaller merchants as a guarantee against future chargebacks. Card machines are an extra cost. When refunds are issued on cards, the merchant fees are not returned unless the refund is made within 24 hours.

Consumers however are mainly hooked on using cards, rather like crack cocaine. This can be because of ease of use, cashback rewards, air miles, etc.

In many legal jurisdictions, where banks have successfully lobbied politicians, it is illegal for merchants to offer lower prices to consumers for alternative payment. In my opinion, this is an abusive use of power, and there is probably some degree of corruption. This leads to merchants charging higher prices to all customers, mainly without consumers being aware.

Banks and governments use propaganda. For example when the EU capped interchange charges on credit cards, this was announced as a great benefit to consumers. Nothing was said about debit card charges being raised, often from as low as 10 pence per transaction, to 0.3%. This partly helps to explain why most major bullion dealers including the most competitively prices ones, but also including the Royal Mint, to limit maximum debit card payments, with larger amount being paid by bank transfer.

Most of the above information, I have already published elsewhere, mainly on our websites.

Chards

4 hours ago, BullionBuyerUK said:

My first "reaction" (comment) was WTF are Tavex Bullion, which was an invitation to supply more information, not a defensive reaction.

My second, longer comment was in response to yours about them being one of our rivals. As I did some research about them, I copied some of the results to TSF. 

While this may constitute a defensive reaction, it is also informative. 

For example, their claim to be "The largest and most trusted gold and silver bullion dealer in Northern Europe" is highly dubious, and I automatically place a mental question mark against anyone who engages in such blatant hype and exaggeration. 

Chards

On 28/02/2022 at 22:50, very452001 said:

Great you know any dealers on that list that accepts Crypto such as Btc or $USDT or $USDC as payment? If so how do I send them crypto without expensive Ethereum gas fees? Is there a conversion fee to convert $USDT or $USDC into £GBP pounds before making the payment or is there a option on the dealers website to change currency to $ to see prices in $ that ships to UK?

Sharps Pixley, Bitgild, Silvergoldbull, Suissegold

But they will all have limits of around 5k max per purchase or 10k over 12 months before kyc.

Can't see your issue with Ethereum, it'll cost maybe $6-7 to send.

On 28/02/2022 at 22:50, very452001 said:

Great you know any dealers on that list that accepts Crypto such as Btc or $USDT or $USDC as payment? If so how do I send them crypto without expensive Ethereum gas fees? Is there a conversion fee to convert $USDT or $USDC into £GBP pounds before making the payment or is there a option on the dealers website to change currency to $ to see prices in $ that ships to UK?

On 28/02/2022 at 22:52, MJCOIN said:

No idea.  I have stayed away from crypto because I don't understand it.  I'd rather hold physical gold.

Someone else might be able to help you.

48 minutes ago, metallica73 said:

Sharps Pixley, Bitgild, Silvergoldbull, Suissegold

But they will all have limits of around 5k max per purchase or 10k over 12 months before kyc.

Can't see your issue with Ethereum, it'll cost maybe $6-7 to send.

As is often the case, you could have a look at https://www.chards.co.uk/

Including: https://www.chards.co.uk/info/gold-and-silver-cryptocurrency-payments

🙂

Chards

On 01/03/2022 at 21:27, LawrenceChard said:

Oh no, now you have switched back to bold face again!

During times of currency crisis where cash is devalued inflated, I remember seeing a documentary on Sky tv where the queen monarch has powers to instruct the government to confiscate the gold from its people to regain financial order. They force the people to sell the gold to them at face legal tender value shown on gold coin for worthless cash instead of selling it for true market gold value.

Anyone else on this forum remember that? I expect not.

I suspect it may have been Fox News, or some other loony right wing MAGA American outfit.

This already happened decades ago in USA,

No, it didn't. Read my our blog post: https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/confiscation-of-gold-bullion/778

and in Germany I believe after World War 1.

I'm sure the queen didn't!

... and I don't think anyone else did either.

The question is if Bullion dealers ask for sensitive documents off customers for CGT Gold Britannia coins, if its not for the HMRC taxman then who's it for? Is it for Government authorities so they or police can come down to your address to confiscate your gold during a currency crisis? Because the authorities know you have Gold because the bullion dealers/shops passed customers sensitive info such as address and ID to them?

Otherwise I cant make sense on why ask for such sensitive docs off customers for Britannia coins that CGT tax exempt anyway. What's the point of letting the HMRC of this on CGT gold silver? Doesn't make any sense :huh:

Try asking your M.P., HMRC, or your accountant.

P.S. I could give your the name of a UK bullion dealer who would probably not ask you for any ID.

Who is this Bullion dealer you speak of that doesn't ask for ID? If you don't ask for sensitive documents off customers then I buy it off you. 

Of course when a customers walk in your shop and ask questions like I do then its in your best interests for your business to tell the customer everything will be fine don't worry otherwise they will run out of the shop.

If I walked into a Rolex shop and buy a £50k Rolex watch there's no questions asked or any of that ID sensitive documents needed funny business going on. Customers that go in to buy luxury goods whether its Gold or Silver or even Rolex watches or heck even Lamborghinis expect to be treated like a king/queen with top customer service not to be treated like a criminal with 1001 questions, documents request and a DNA blood test too. 

On 01/03/2022 at 22:22, stackerp5 said:

You could bypass dealers and post a "wanted" ad on the forum, specifying how much you'd pay per ounce and if anyone is selling the quantity you'd like to buy, you can transfer the money directly to the person. You can ask for offers but I believe a price on the ad is necessary. You could probably fetch a better price per ounce as there are sellers on here which sell at reasonable prices/premiums over spot. In this instance you don't have to provide documents to the seller, only your name and address for coins to be posted to, and make payment to the sellers bank account. If the seller is local you may be able to collect in person.

Its a good idea however how do I get the Gold appraised before making payment?

On 01/03/2022 at 21:51, Sharron said:

I/we have purchased from many dealers. Some are cheaper,some are more expensive. For what it's worth if there is a certain coin do your RESEARCH and find the cheaper price. It all depends on the day,time and dealers price. There usually isn't much in it but if you are buying multiples it can save you £'s.

I'm convinced now that price is not the only factor, its also the customer service too on whether a customer can buy gold hassle free without none of that documents request ID funny business or we hold your payment as hostage thing.

On 02/03/2022 at 10:10, LawrenceChard said:

All fair comment, although:

Credit card buyers can file a chargeback request within 6 months of purchase, causing the merchant extra work and cost. Not all buyers and cardholders are completely ethical, honest, or fair. While this can also happen with debit cards, it is not as common.

I also remember when card companies charged merchants fees of 4%, 5%, and even up to 7..25% or 7.5% for Diners Club, with American Express not far behind. Card companies often demand substantial deposits from smaller merchants as a guarantee against future chargebacks. Card machines are an extra cost. When refunds are issued on cards, the merchant fees are not returned unless the refund is made within 24 hours.

Consumers however are mainly hooked on using cards, rather like crack cocaine. This can be because of ease of use, cashback rewards, air miles, etc.

In many legal jurisdictions, where banks have successfully lobbied politicians, it is illegal for merchants to offer lower prices to consumers for alternative payment. In my opinion, this is an abusive use of power, and there is probably some degree of corruption. This leads to merchants charging higher prices to all customers, mainly without consumers being aware.

Banks and governments use propaganda. For example when the EU capped interchange charges on credit cards, this was announced as a great benefit to consumers. Nothing was said about debit card charges being raised, often from as low as 10 pence per transaction, to 0.3%. This partly helps to explain why most major bullion dealers including the most competitively prices ones, but also including the Royal Mint, to limit maximum debit card payments, with larger amount being paid by bank transfer.

Most of the above information, I have already published elsewhere, mainly on our websites.

How can a credit card company do a chargeback to you when you delivered with delivery proof to the customers billing address or when customer inputs his/her correct pin number in shop? Customers don't sign their names for card transactions anymore like they did decades ago. I don't understand. Do you deliver to alternative delivery addresses other than billing address? If so then you get chargebacks for obvious reasons.

As a business owner you have the right to offer discounts for cash buyers if card fees are expensive. Cash is legal tender meaning by law you have to accept it as payment.

On 01/03/2022 at 21:51, Sharron said:

I/we have purchased from many dealers. Some are cheaper,some are more expensive. For what it's worth if there is a certain coin do your RESEARCH and find the cheaper price. It all depends on the day,time and dealers price. There usually isn't much in it but if you are buying multiples it can save you £'s.

Okay when you say depends on the day/time, usually what day of the week or what time of the day where prices are at its cheapest for online orders at Bullion UK dealers?

On www.https://www.coincompare.co.uk

Which website from list in the above link has the fastest updated prices reflecting current market prices?

What I don't like is lets say for example Silver Market price is down by 20% today but website still selling physical silver at yesterday prices for silver at 20% more expensive than today you know what I mean.

Where do most Bullion UK dealers get their precious metals market pricing data from?

Cheers,

1 hour ago, very452001 said:

Who is this Bullion dealer you speak of that doesn't ask for ID? If you don't ask for sensitive documents off customers then I buy it off you. 

STUNT & CO LIMITED

Company number 09324960

or:

LONDON GOLD BULLION LIMITED

Company number 10398572

😎

Chards

Of course when a customers walk in your shop and ask questions like I do then its in your best interests for your business to tell the customer everything will be fine don't worry otherwise they will run out of the shop.

We would, and do, explain the legal requirements, relevant to purchase of Investment Gold and AML.

I think I have already told you most of these in a previous response here, but you can also read them on our website here:

https://www.chards.co.uk/blog/acceptable-forms-of-id/413

https://www.chards.co.uk/info/payment-ID

Most dealers also have similar pages explaining the same points.

Chards

If I walked into a Rolex shop and buy a £50k Rolex watch there's no questions asked or any of that ID sensitive documents needed funny business going on. Customers that go in to buy luxury goods whether its Gold or Silver or even Rolex watches or heck even Lamborghinis expect to be treated like a king/queen with top customer service not to be treated like a criminal with 1001 questions, documents request and a DNA blood test too. 

Do you know any of the above as fact, or are you simply guessing or assuming?

You are not @BarryWoods under an alias are you?

Chards

Okay when you say depends on the day/time, usually what day of the week or what time of the day where prices are at its cheapest for online orders at Bullion UK dealers?

On www.https://www.coincompare.co.uk

Which website from list in the above link has the fastest updated prices reflecting current market prices?

What I don't like is lets say for example Silver Market price is down by 20% today but website still selling physical silver at yesterday prices for silver at 20% more expensive than today you know what I mean.

Where do most Bullion UK dealers get their precious metals market pricing data from?

Cheers,

Just do some research, takes 5 minutes, then either buy or don’t. Can’t be much simpler.

As a business owner you have the right to offer discounts for cash buyers if card fees are expensive.

As I have already stated, it is illegal to do it in some jurisdictions, and this used to include the UK, and the EU.

Chards

Cash is legal tender meaning by law you have to accept it as payment.

Any business can refuse to trade with anyone, for almost any reason.

Like most people, you appear to misunderstand the concept of legal tender.

You may find the Julian @BrettChamberlain videos entertaining and informative. He probably knows more about legal tender than 99% of lawyers, police, and businesses.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBPRtPWhSaOs6qQA6JG5cXQ

You might also benefit from reading this:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/money-laundering-regulations-high-value-dealer-registration#:~:text=HMRC considers a high value,payments and payments on account

Including 

"You must not accept or make a high value cash payment until you have registered as a high value dealer."

Chards

Its a good idea however how do I get the Gold appraised before making payment?

All sellers here have a reputation to maintain (including myself as seller), so if you were to buy on here I recommend buying from members with a Silver/Gold/Platinum or Business Membership. I've been on here for a little over a year and haven't heard of any fake bullion being sold on the forum.

I personally use a Sigma PMV to test my bullion but that's quite an investment for a starting stacker. @BackyardBullion offers a service for verifying bullion. If I'm not mistaken it costs 2% of the trade value + postage from him to you. He's an established member w/ a YouTube channel, well known within the community.

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

3 hours ago, stackerp5 said:

All sellers here have a reputation to maintain (including myself as seller), so if you were to buy on here I recommend buying from members with a Silver/Gold/Platinum or Business Membership. I've been on here for a little over a year and haven't heard of any fake bullion being sold on the forum.

I personally use a Sigma PMV to test my bullion but that's quite an investment for a starting stacker. @BackyardBullion offers a service for verifying bullion. If I'm not mistaken it costs 2% of the trade value + postage from him to you. He's an established member w/ a YouTube channel, well known within the community.

Usually how much is the Sigma PMV tester and is that what the pros on Pawn Stars use?

56 minutes ago, very452001 said:

Usually how much is the Sigma PMV tester and is that what the pros on Pawn Stars use?

I bought this model, new. Had to pay VAT when it entered the UK:
https://www.sigma-verifiers.com/en/buy/original-precious-metal-verifier
I don't know what they use in Pawn Stars.

Edited by stackerp5
link

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

On 01/03/2022 at 22:33, LawrenceChard said:

I guessed so from the word "bullion" in the name, but I have never heard of them, or if I have, then I have forgotten.

😎

So, before I hit Submit Reply, I thought I would Google them:

Tavex Bullion: Tavex - Buy Investment Gold and Silver Onlinehttps://tavexbullion.co.uk
The largest and most trusted gold and silver bullion dealer in Northern Europe and Scandinavia! Tavex Bullion is now in United Kingdom!

Really!

How did I fail to hear about "The largest and most trusted gold and silver bullion dealer in Northern Europe"

There is usually somebody most weeks launching a website with a similar claim.

Companies House reveals paid up share capital £100.

and says "11 Sep 2021    Amended accounts for a dormant company made up to 31 December 2020"

Nominet Whois says: "

Domain name:
tavexbullion.co.uk

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 05-Nov-2020

Registrar:
GoDaddy.com, LLC. [Tag = GODADDY]
URL: http://uk.godaddy.com"

This probably explains why I don't remember hearing anything about them previously.

😎

Hello and thanks to our customers who referred to this forum. 

This has been an interesting thread to read through :)

Just to clear things up and help Mr. Chard and others who might be interested to get acquainted with our "claims" , I am happy to share our audited accounts for 2020 (2021 is not ready yet). I hope you find some assurance there. 

Although I agree with Mr. Chard regarding pricing transparency regarding free shipping and hidden fees (we also display shipping separate from the products), we will include free shipping for now if you use voucher code SILVERFORUM at checkout. The winner of healthy competition is the customer, right  😎

I will include the spread comparison table for 1 oz 2022 Gold Britannias here as well, so we can be fully transparent and feel free to add us to your comparison table :) (This is before adding transport) 

Qty Tavex C______ Difference
1 3 4 25%
5 3 3.95 24%
10 3 3.9 23%
20 3 3.8 21%
50 3 3.7 19%
100 3 3.6 17%
200 3 3.5 14%

I am happy to answer any questions here or feel free to check out our website tavexbullion.co.uk or drop us an e-mail. 

Priit from Tavex 

2021_06_28-Tavid-AS-Konsol-AA-2020-ENG-FINAL-w-signatures.pdf

1 hour ago, TavexBullion said:

Hello and thanks to our customers who referred to this forum. 

This has been an interesting thread to read through :)

Just to clear things up and help Mr. Chard and others who might be interested to get acquainted with our "claims" , I am happy to share our audited accounts for 2020 (2021 is not ready yet). I hope you find some assurance there. 

Although I agree with Mr. Chard regarding pricing transparency regarding free shipping and hidden fees (we also display shipping separate from the products), we will include free shipping for now if you use voucher code SILVERFORUM at checkout. The winner of healthy competition is the customer, right  😎

I will include the spread comparison table for 1 oz 2022 Gold Britannias here as well, so we can be fully transparent and feel free to add us to your comparison table :) (This is before adding transport) 

Qty Tavex C______ Difference
1 3 4 25%
5 3 3.95 24%
10 3 3.9 23%
20 3 3.8 21%
50 3 3.7 19%
100 3 3.6 17%
200 3 3.5 14%

I am happy to answer any questions here or feel free to check out our website tavexbullion.co.uk or drop us an e-mail. 

Priit from Tavex 

2021_06_28-Tavid-AS-Konsol-AA-2020-ENG-FINAL-w-signatures.pdf 1.01 MB · 4 downloads

Thanks Priit for joining in the conversation.

It will be interesting to have some worthwhile competition.

I just skimmed through your accounts, which do look impressive.

I will tag @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer in to this thread, to give them a "heads up"!

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards