• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New collector

Hi all. I’m new to precious metals and hoping to learn more. 
Would have liked to get in on the British Monarchs King Henry VII 2022 silver proof coins but I’m so far behind they all sold before I could get one. So any advice on getting hold of these new limited mintage coins in the future, or even which other series are worth looking at, would be great. 

Edited by Worried

52 minutes ago, Worried said:

Would have liked to get in on the British Monarchs King Henry VII 2022 silver proof coins but I’m so far behind they all sold before I could get one. So any advice on getting hold of these new limited mintage coins in the future, or even which other series are worth looking at, would be great. 

Welcome to the forum!

I like these very much as well, and would have purchased a silver proof had they not been sold out. ☹️

Placing a “wanted” post in the trade section, or just perusing it regularly is a good place to start. There was a 1oz gold version of these coins that sold yesterday in the trade section, and I would have grabbed it had I noticed it sooner!

Edited by Lr103

Welcome to the forum.

I’ve seen Henry VII available on dealers websites. I think Chards has 1 oz available to preorder, but right now it unfortunately you will pay extra premium. Nobody knows if it will get cheaper or more expensive over time. However I don’t expect it to return to retail price anytime soon, if ever.

I was able to get mine from RM, but this seems to be lottery, so in the future I’ll be checking dealers before release if they have them for preorder for reasonable around retail price. 

Welcome, dealers will always have these and some follow members I can always get some small allocations of new releases if you need.  

As for new potential other releases you will not go wrong looking at sovereigns, either proof or bullion.  1/4 gold bullion coins like the queens beasts and the new Tudor beasts are a safe entry point into semi-numismatic as these are bullion have low premiums yet can fetch a premium later on. The monarch series has just started and I can see some very saught after coins, the Edward VII in September this year will be one I'm watching as a collector of sovereigns  I'd love to get hands on a modern gold proof Edward VII coin.  There's Henry VIII January  next year which I can see being very popular as well as many others.

Untimely it will be your own learning curve and I'd always say to anyone collect what you like first,  never stop asking questions there's loads of people on here with a massive collective knowledge.   

Cheers

Dave

welcome aboard matey, I'd say for a set atm if you are looking for silver would be the Tudor Beasts, there has only been one released to date with the next one due in a couple of months and the first one is still available at the Royal Mint, or even the Queens Beasts if you want to have a punt at sourcing the coins individually

Ultimately you will find your level on what you like and how hard some coins are to get esp the new proof releases from the RM 

Enjoy the trip, cos it is a trip.... and only order coins when you know your missus is going to be out on delivery day 😂

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

36 minutes ago, Gordy said:

and only order coins when you know your missus is going to be out on delivery day 😂

A pro coin collector tip, my only fear in life is if I die, my wife will sell my coins for what I told her I paid for them!

40 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

A pro coin collector tip, my only fear in life is if I die, my wife will sell my coins for what I told her I paid for them!

It's funny you should mention dying.

Not that my coins are worth that much in the scheme of things, mostly silver.

Yesterday, the wife was asking what she should do with the coins should I die. I said just sell them.

I am thinking she might me plotting my demise. If you see any headlines like "Man in Cheshire found in canal with concrete boots" you know collecting coins is a dangerous sport.

Edited by NewCoins

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

That's a classic in any hobby Lol

Welcome to this cracking forum 👍

9 hours ago, Worried said:

Hi all. I’m new to precious metals and hoping to learn more. 

Welcome to the forum!

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

As long as she does not sell them for the value that's declared on them it is not so bad ... 😇

2 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I hope you didn't tell her they were bought at face value - like a £100 face 1oz gold coin for £100, £500 face 5oz gold coin for £500 !!

Can I give you my phone number to be placed next to those coins ....... Just in case she needs a contact for coin valuation ?  😂

Hello and welcome 😄

3 hours ago, NewCoins said:

I am thinking she might me plotting my demise. If you see any headlines like "Man in Cheshire found in canal with concrete boots" you know collecting coins is a dangerous sport.

If she's looking to hire someone for this,i'd take payment in coins lol 😂

1 minute ago, blackadder said:

Hello and welcome 😄

If she's looking to hire someone for this,i'd take payment in coins lol 😂

Welcome to the forum @Worried.

Apologies I didn't welcome you earlier, I was thinking too much about my demise.

Perhaps you chose an apt name, you can see what the vultures around here are like 😉