• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Alarm bells

arcticfox

While scrolling for a bargain i have seen quite a few listing including Sov's at very low prices. Now you may get the unknowingly person selling but lots from same seller.

Is it me ? or am I right to be suspicious, If someone on here I'm sorry HAHAHAHA

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/thecoinman1981/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Ta

J

Took a chance, thought there might be some pre 47 silver included but only a 1937 and 1932 50% silver 3d. Even postage charge was a rip off with stamp £1 less than charge. My fault, something looks to good to be true then it probably is!
OLD BRITISH COINS JOB LOT / TIN OF OLD COLLECTION - BRITISH! (#384513176576)
9***3 (562)
£16.00
Past month

Reply by thecoinman1981Left within past month.
To clarify, the description states older British coins including silver, which is exactly what you received. In fact, the postage cost was £3.69 and was sent 1st class, recorded post. Not sure what exactly you expected to receive for £16!

29 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:
Took a chance, thought there might be some pre 47 silver included but only a 1937 and 1932 50% silver 3d. Even postage charge was a rip off with stamp £1 less than charge. My fault, something looks to good to be true then it probably is!
9***3 (562)
£16.00
Past month

To clarify, the description states older British coins including silver, which is exactly what you received. In fact, the postage cost was £3.69 and was sent 1st class, recorded post. Not sure what exactly you expected to receive for £16!

Well that's a nice response LOL

5 hours ago, arcticfox said:

While scrolling for a bargain i have seen quite a few listing including Sov's at very low prices. Now you may get the unknowingly person selling but lots from same seller.

Is it me ? or am I right to be suspicious, If someone on here I'm sorry HAHAHAHA

Ta

J

4 hours ago, Stacktastic said:
9***3 (562)
£16.00
Past month

What did you expect from someone called:

The Con Man
Robin (Bastard) Joy
😎
Seriously, he has 18 broadly similar listings, all sprinkled with otherwise valuable restrike fakes conspicuously on the top as sucker bait.
He even states the wrong date for one of his fakes. In this listing 384625029738, he says there is a 1903 KING Edward Sovereign, but the photo shows a 1905!
Most of his fakes can be bought from China for about £2 each including postage, or less in bulk (usually 50 pieces).

Chards

5 hours ago, arcticfox said:

Yeah but the tin isn't included in the sale. That's probably why the prices are so low.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

FEEDBACK    

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

13 minutes ago, harrygill111 said:

Haha - also the pictures aren't even in a tin, they're in a cardboard box! 

Yes I heard he was targeted by a team of hightly professional burglars who knew exactlly what they were looking for.

Only took the tin, left the coins.

😎

Chards

Bullion by post are offering a massive 1% off the 2022 sovs - its still not ringing my bell until gold gets monkey hammered some more.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

9 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

That makes their lowest price only about £2 more than a famous Blackpool dealer.

😎

I d rather pay the extra with you Mr C, least i know Im going to get decent fish n chips!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Just now, HerefordBullyun said:

I d rather pay the extra with you Mr C, least i know Im going to get decent fish n chips!

Thanks, but ours are not extra, they are less, on quantity at least.

You save about £2000 if you come and collect 1,000.

Although they are about £1.40 less if you only buy one, but then you might as well buy from Harrington and Byrne.

😎

Chards

9 hours ago, arcticfox said:

Ta

J

These sellers have been doing this for a long time..its a con..they place a few reasonable coins on the top...the rest are c**p....old scam!!

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

Thanks, but ours are not extra, they are less, on quantity at least.

You save about £2000 if you come and collect 1,000.

Although they are about £1.40 less if you only buy one, but then you might as well buy from Harrington and Byrne.

😎

See i like the transparency in the response. Your welcome to marry my older sister anyday! But be warned you should hear the noises she makes when she eats a boiled egg. But least you would like ya future mother in laws apple crumble, if you did marry her - its bit fishy but very healthy!

An absolute gent Sir!

3 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

See i like the transparency in the response. Your welcome to marry my older sister anyday! But be warned you should hear the noises she makes when she eats a boiled egg. But least you would like ya future mother in laws apple crumble, if you did marry her - its bit fishy but very healthy!

An absolute gent Sir!

Screenshot_20220106-200545_Google.jpg

His Grandad was a serious coin collector each full tin was carefully stored away ready to pass down to the next generation when the time was right or if Ebays £1 selling fees came up first would be offered for sale to anyone 😂😂

Edited by Midasfrog

On 06/01/2022 at 16:21, LawrenceChard said:

Most of his fakes can be bought from China for about £2 each including postage, or less in bulk (usually 50 pieces).

Surely its illegal and against the rules to sell counterfeit goods??
So many people get ripped off with these house clearance scams. 

Even I bought one at the start of my coin collecting, but i cancelled the order when I came to my senses. 

7 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

Surely its illegal and against the rules to sell counterfeit goods??
So many people get ripped off with these house clearance scams. 

Even I bought one at the start of my coin collecting, but i cancelled the order when I came to my senses. 

Yes, selling counterfeit goods is illegal, and coins are a special case. Even owning or being in possession of counterfeit coins is technically illegal in the UK. I am not expert on the law, but believe there are "valid reason" defences.

Passing counterfeit goods including coins of as genuine is a separate offence in its own right. Again there are defences. Most of the Chinese fakes are easily detectable, and could be classed as replica or imitation coins rather than forgeries or counterfeits.

Selling fake or replica coins as genuine would be fraud, and advertising them as genuine or in a misleading manner would contravene Advertising Standards. However both of these are very common on ebay and a few other sites. Ebay don't seem to care, they are making profits from it. The police are too busy to bother, nd the A.S.A would be overwhelmed if people compllained about a fraction of the ebay listings.  

Which, a.k.a. Consumer Association might take an interest, and probably does on occasion. Sometimes Watchdog of other consumer programmes get involved, but not often, and there must be many more, bigger scams going on.

Sites like TSF do their bit, but otherwise we seem to be stuck with ebay and all the scumbags on it. (Apologies to the few decent people who still use it. Oh, and by the way, Amazon is not much better.  

😎

Chards

In the eBay link to the dodgepot coins, this bit of the description that made me laugh was:

'Tin not included'.  May I be so bold as to suggest this is the single most valuable item in the listing!

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys